Us Against the World

This is a dream. Right?

I guess I fell asleep after that guy picked me up, because I woke in a strange room, in different clothes than what I had originally been wearing. Not that I was complaining. If I could have it my way I would only ever wear jeans and t-shirts; screw skirts, heels and corsets. I was now wearing a white night gown and there was a black and crimson clock draped over my frame.

Clenching my eyes shut tight, I tried not to panic. Opening them again, after mentally listing my happy thoughts, I admired the beautiful room I was laying in. It most definitely wasn’t my room; dark flooring, dark walls and dark furniture. All in beautiful colors; both the floor and walls looked black but I couldn’t be sure without a closer look, the furniture was a lovely crimson color and next to purple that was my favorite color.

Sitting up in the bed, I pulled the cloak closer to my body before calling out a quiet “Hello?” I could have sworn I had felt lips on my forehead; fingers on my body; but apparently I was just imagining things again.

Don’t you dare even think about getting out of this bed Adele!

Ok so I was still crazy. The little voice in my head was screaming at me to stay in the bed when I slowly pushed myself up. I was startled by how cold the floor was and wondered where I was exactly. Walking slowly towards the door, I ran back for the cloak. It was really chilly here. Ignoring the voice, I slammed me hand on the door knob not expecting it to turn at all. My surprise; it did. I swung open as if someone had just been on the other side opening it for me.

Slightly unnerved, I started walking slowly down the hall. Obviously I had no idea where I was going so I was just following the corridor when all of a sudden someone ran towards me, panting in ITALIAN! What the bloody fucking hell was going on? I didn’t know much Italian, since the last time I had to speak it was in high school on that damn school trip to the Catholic Church here in Italy, but it sure sounded like get out and murderers.

*Murderers. They are killers. Get out.*“Assassini. Eseguire sono assassini. Get out.” She was a big lady, maybe middle aged, but it was the girl behind her. She was tall, blonde and stunning and she was just walking after the lady with a smile on her face. Before she could see me, I tucked into an alclove and prayed that she hadn’t seen me.

Standing completely still, I waited until I didn’t hear anymore feet and continued walking down the hall. I was going to call out but then I realized that wouldn’t be a very good idea considering I don’t know these people, if they even are people and I wasn’t sure if they were safe. Stopping abruptly, I shrank back against the wall as a hair splitting scream rang through the hallway.

“Oh my mother of fuck. This was not a good idea,” I muttered running into the first door I could get my hands on. Big mistake; bodies were piled up, some carelessly thrown others just laying there like they had lain down before they died; accepting death. There wasn’t much blood, only from the bodies that had been mercilessly torn open. Opening my eyes wide I looked first to the left, my head turning slowly as I took in the carnage.

Blinking rapidly, I continued to mutter to myself. Ignoring everyone in the room, “Hallway was definitely safer. I tell you it’s a good thing gore doesn’t bother me; otherwise this would be really bad,” giggling slightly. That would be right when I noticed there were a lot of people or things in the room with me. All of them completely shocked and standing statue still. Raising my hand, I wiggled my fingers, “Oh don’t mind me. I am not here. See I have come to the conclusion that this is just a really bad dream. I mean who has ever heard of pasty Italian’s,”

Rising from one of the three seats at the upper part of the room; he was tall and had long black hair. In all honesty, the way he was smiling at me was really creeping me out. The other two were creepy too, but at least they hadn’t stood up; yet.

Holding out his hand he walked towards me, “Good evening my dear. I am sorry to inform you that you are not dreaming. And that we are vampires,” I couldn’t stop myself I burst out laughing.

“Vampires sadly do not exist. Sorry to inform you, my dear. “Slapping my thigh, I wrestled my laughter in, offering this attractive man a smile. “Do you want me to hold your hand?”

Blinking at my defensive tone, he nodded “Please,” shrugging I slapped my hand down on his. He seemed satisfied by whatever he was getting from it and suddenly my head was seizing. Like someone was taking a hammer to hit trying to knock me down. Now normally I am really good with pain, but this was so intense I blacked out. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot so who knows what happened with Adele in this part?

Sorry this took so long, i tried to post it last night but then my internet connection crashed.

Love Devon