Us Against the World

Jesse

“JANE!” Aro bellows as the human drops to the floor, I growl viciously at my sister. She just chuckles with a smirk.

“Jane, get out of my sight.” Aro says almost viciously like he‘s trying to hold back but it‘s not working.

“But master I was jus-” Jane was cut off my Aro snarling, “NOW!” Jane huffs off to god knows where.

I rush to the girl and scoop her up in my arms cradling her, she starts to stir and her eyes flutter open. She looks at me dumbly for a moment then screeches at me.

“Get the hell off me!” She struggles making me tighten my grip on her to make sure she doesn’t hurt herself. She reaches up and slaps me on the cheek and the whole room tenses. The last human who did that to be ended up dinner.

I tightened my grip on her dangerously before dropping her, not setting her down nicely like the little voice in the back of my head begged. No, I flat out dropped her on her ass and she didn’t like it.

“Ouch! You asshole!” She yells at me causing me to growl at her menacingly. Fear flickered in her eyes for a moment then amusement replaced it soon enough.

“Did you just growl at me?” She giggled and I swear I could kill her for laughing at me.

“My dear, we are vampires. That’s what we do, we growl.” Aro holds in a chuckle but couldn’t fight the cheeky grin that covered his face.

“No you don’t, because vampires don’t exists!” She says with a sickly sweet voice standing up and dusting herself off.

“Really now? Well I think that Jesse begs to differ.” Aro says with a mischievous gleam in his eye.

“How?” Seemed to be all she could stutter out. Aro tapped his head laughing.

“Some of us, vampires of course, have gifts.” He said still a laughing edge to his voice then his face went serious.

“Speaking of that, it’s why you’re here you see you are special.” He smiled adoringly at her, glad Jane wasn’t here she would have flung off the deep end.

“You will make a very powerful vampire, very powerful indeed.” His face was still serious but after decades of being around him I could detect the hint of amusement playing in his features.

She was completely stunned into silence making Aro smile at her more deviously.

“No.” She finally broke through her shock, “I will not. I would never kill people.” She jutted her chin out a fraction and stood her ground, I will admit that it was admirable but pointless at the same time.

“Well lucky for you Alec here,” He gestures towards me with a smirk, “has convinced me to give you time to get to know us and he personally agreed to show you that our life isn’t so bad.” He now had a full-on devil’s grin covering his face.

“Oh.” She said shocked I guess she was expecting a fight. “But I will never want to become one of you, like I said I would never kill anyone.” She narrows her eyes at me for some reason, as if I could change Aro’s decision even if I wanted to.

Tension fills the as we all fall quiet.

“Well!” Aro randomly bursts clapping his hands together, “I bet your starving how about Alec take you to the kitchen and whip you up something?” He was back to his amused self as he took her hand and lead her to me placing it on my arm as I held the door open for her.

She gripped my arm slightly and allowed me to lead her to the hall, it was that very second it dawned on me, I had never spoken a word to her. Not a single one and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I opened my mouth to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and a cliffhanger but you gotta love me right? Right? T.T