Us Against the World

About Us

“Oh not only is it your turn, but feel special. No one knows about Jesse, so I guess in a way I’m trusting you.” She said smiling and taking another bite from her sandwich. I had to fight the urge to tell her not to trust someone like me but lucky enough an idea popped into my head.

She was finishing her sandwich looking at me expectantly, “How about we take this else where?” I ask giving her a dazzling smile. She pauses for a moment and just stairs before snapping back to reality and shrugging.

I hold out my arm for her to take and she just stairs at it dumbly for a moment probably questioning what it’s for then she rolls her eyes and takes hold.

“So where are we going?” She says looking kind of worried as we leave the castle and enter the cool night air.

“No where special.” I say coolly before rounding a corner and entering the stables. I can hear her heart speed up as soon as she sees them.

I break into a smile and she lets go of me and rushes over to a stall, “Wow.” she murmurs sticking her hand in there and petting my baby.

“His name is Everard he’s a pure breed white stallion.” I whisper in her ear while standing behind her exceptionally close, I feel her shiver and lean closer to her so that my body is firmly against her back.

“W-what does Everard mean?” she whispers in a silky voice shivering again.

“Strong, brave, generally a manly name. It makes him feel good.” I whisper in her ear more making my voice low and husky unlike my normal sweet vampire voice.

“Who’s is he?” she asks turning around and backing against the stable I rest my arms on either sides of her shoulders trapping her within my arms.

I push myself forward until I’m hovering inches from her, “Mine.” I purr into her ear. I pull my head back slightly to look into her eyes then slowly inch forward until our lips are barely touching.

Suddenly Everard sticks his head through the space between my arm and her head and sneezes on my face.

“Nice.” I growl jumping away while Adele reaches up and pets Everard’s muzzle giggling, she kisses the tip of his nose then turns around and walks over to me.

I grind my teeth together, he ruins my chance with her but he gets her to giggle and a kiss! I’m so mad that when Adele touches my face I’m shocked out of words.

She has a cloth and is cleaning of the part of my face that Everard used as a tissue. “There.” she smiles at me brightly and I swear my cold heart melts at that very moment.

“Come on.” I grab her hand and unlatch Everard’s stall door, he whines as I lead him out, he’s already equip to leave as the stable boys heard us coming.

I hop onto his back and move so there’s enough room for her then stretch my hand out to help her up, she takes my hand and swings her legs up and settles in front of me.

“Where are we going?” She asks is a soft voice so light if I wasn’t a vampire I’m sure I wouldn’t have heard it.

“A place I like to go to be alone. So I guess I’m trusting you in a way.” I say using her own words on her.

I can tell she’s rolling her eyes as we start to gallop out of the castle courtyard and up a rarely used mountain trail.

After we reach the top and I hop off she turns and jumps off landing on her foot at an odd angle. “Ah! Son of the milk man that hurt.” She says as she’s falling but I catch her before she can hit the ground.

She blushes and I notice her hair turn a dark red like the color on her cheeks. “Sorry.” She mumbles not making eye contact with me. I smirk at how embarrassed she is.

“It’s fine, Aro may kill me for letting you hurt yourself, but other then that I’m sure every things fine.” I chuckle as it makes her blush more, I carry her over to a log an set her down gently, “There.” I smile down at her.

She smiles back at me for a moment then takes a minuet to take in her surroundings. Were on the top of a mountain right on the edge overlooking Volterra, with the street lights lit and the clock tower illuminated the city was truly a work of art and a wonder to see.

She makes an audible gasp as she looks out over the city in wonder. “Alec, it’s so… beautiful.” She whispers as the low breeze ruffles her hair while she turns towards me, it was the most beautifully tragic thing I’ve ever seen.

Tragic because no matter how much I wanted to rush over to her and take her soft breakable body into my arms and kiss her full pink lips I just couldn’t bring myself to do so. The only thing I could do was get my mind off of her.

“So the deal?” I ask and she smirks evilly as a counter. “Well then, go ahead.” She says as she positions herself against a tree.

I start to walk back and forth then finally decided to start where she did after she clears her throat about four times.

“Well my full name is Alexander Rafael Shaid, I was born May fifth 1673 and was turned 1692.” I look at her and as much as she’s trying to hide the shock she can’t.

“My whole family was killed, except for Jane and I. You see we lived during the Salem Witch Trials and our family was accused of being witches because mine and Jane’s powers were very prominent even as humans.”

“You mean how Jane can cause pain?” Adele asks when I pause, “Yes, and how I can cut off all senses.” I reply and she shudders.

“Well as we, Jane and I were being tied to the stake Aro and a good portion of the guard stormed the little town turning Jane, I, and a few others. The killed the rest and when a neighboring town got suspicious we just said they were witches, it went down in history as one of the worst massacre the witch trials seen. We then joined the guard and the rest in history.”

Adele is sitting as still as a statue with wide eyes just staring at me, I give her a weak smile “That’s the end of my history, Jane’s as well.”

“Whoa.” She mutters to herself. It’s getting extremely late I should probably get her back to the castle so she can rest and have someone take care of her ankle with has swollen to three times it’s size. I should have taken her back the moment she did it.

I growl at myself then scoop her up and set her on the horse swinging up behind her at super human speed. Her heart races and her breathing stops for a second then she sighs dramatically.

“That scared the crap out of me! Don’t you ever do that again!” She says her voice above normal but not yelling. I chuckle at her and nudge Everard’s sides to get him moving.

On the way back to the castle she falls asleep in my arms. When I get there Jane is waiting with a scowl upon her face. I bring Everard to a halt and she pushes her self away from the wall.

“I thought you said you didn’t like her.” She sneers and I gulp guilt creeping it’s way on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! I'll be gone for about three weeks and I won't be able to update but hopefully my amazing co-author will update for the both of us.

Comments make the world go round.