Us Against the World

Silly Jesse

I woke up alone in the same bed as always but this time someone hadn’t taken the liberty of changing me and my ankle wasn’t propped so the swelling hadn’t gone down at all.

Swearing to myself over how clumsy I was, I grabbed a couple pillows and stuffed them under my ankle, hissing in pain. As for the not changing me I didn’t blame anyone. I was still technically in the last night gown and my clothes had disappeared.

Growling at my stupidity I didn’t realize I was drifting off to sleep, only to wake up god only knows how long later to the bed bouncing.

“JESSE, STOP JUMPING ON THE BED,” glowering at the ghost that was looking at me with a sheepish, ‘I am innocent look, you won’t hurt me’ he cackled.

It got you up didn’t it? gesturing with his head he pointed out Alec who was standing there in the corner of the room looking as if he wanted to run for his life.

“Hi Alec, sorry about that,” clearing my throat, I looked down at the floor instead of his crimson eyes. Noticing the bags he had placed there. “What’s all this?” shaking my head, I scrunched up my nose in confusion.

Looking me in the eyes, he stepped around the bags but stopped several feet from the bed.

“I figured you would need clothes while you were here and I wanted to make sure you were comfortable.”

Giggling I threw my legs over the side of the bed and bounced over to him, throwing my arms around his neck, “Thank you Alec, no one’s ever really been concerned about my comfort,” noticing how he stiffened when I hugged him, I pulled away having completely forgotten he fed off of humans. “I’m sorry Alec, I forgot. Promise it won’t happen again,”

Nodding his head, he straightened up as I pulled away completely, “I’ll show you to where you can get cleaned up and then Aro would like to speak to you,” Without touching me, Alec Led me out of the room. Jesse decided to stay and got comfy on the wide king sized bed.

Sighing at my stupidity, I started to try and figure out a way to get the distance that was now between us, gone away. I liked Alec, he may have kept a distance between us, a block even, but underneath the surface he seemed like a nice guy. Not the bad guy you would imagine working for a vampire guard.

Stopping in front of a door just down the hall from my room, he opened the door for me. “You can get clean in here and I will wait for you in your room,” nodding at his stiff formality, I sighed once the door was shut behind me.

The room was all stone; granite counters, stone walling and the floor to match. It consisted of a mirror, causing me to reevaluate everything that I knew of vampires, a toilet, a tub and a shower. The shower was fully stocked, a towel already law waiting for me and all I found myself concerned about was how much hot water there was. I had a lot of kinks in my neck and back that I really hoped the hot water would release for me.

Turning the taps on I adjusted it to just the right temperature before pulling the night gown over my head and dropping the underwear to the floor and climbing in. The spray was amazing it had to have been one of those that you adjust because it was on a jet stream and it was pounding away at my stiff muscles. And it wasn’t until I rinsed the shampoo out and was running conditioner through my long hair that I remembered my swollen ankle.

Looking down at it, I couldn’t believe that the swelling and discolored marks were gone.

“What the hell?” turning my ankle to get a 360 look at it, I shook my head in disbelief. It looked as if it had never happened. Ignoring this, I went back to scrubbing away the dirt from my body.

By the time I had finished, the bathroom was full of steam, and grinning like the cat that got into the cream, I wrapped a towel around my body, slipping the end in above my right breast to hold it closed and tucked my underwear into the nightgown. I wasn’t sure what Alec wanted me to do with the soiled clothing so skipping back down to my room; I quickly opened my door and latched it behind me humming to myself.

Alec was staring at my bed in confusion. It was of course bouncing again.

“JESSE NATHANIAL JAMES, STOP BOUNCING ON THE BED RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME I WILL RESURRECT YOUR SORRY ASS AND KILL YOU MYSELF,” growling at the little cowboy that was now giggling in fear, I glared. “You are not a child, you are an adult and will act like one. This isn’t our home therefore you will abide by the rules of being a guest. That means treating other’s belongings with respect and care. Understood?”

Yes, mother. rolling his eyes at me, he mumbled under his breath, rising from the bed to stand at his full height of 6’1. I’m going to check in with the other ghosties, don’t get into any trouble Adele. disappearing he left.

Turning to look at Alec, I felt the need to apologize, but he beat me to speaking, “Remind me never to get on your bad side.”

Giggling I shook my head at him before offering him my biggest smile. “What would you like me to do with these?” gesturing to the clothes I had been wearing, I shrugged.

“That basket behind you,” thanking him, I spun on my heel and dropped the clothes in the basket. When I turned back I found a bag laying on the bed and no Alec. He had disappeared like Jesse, unknowingly I hadn’t noticed he was gone or leaving or for that matter moving until he was already gone. Sighing I opened the bag and laughed.

Alec had remembered what I had said last night about jeans and a t-shirt. Dressing quickly, I dropped my towel in the basket before heading out the bedroom door and off down the hall to the room I had meet everyone in. I had assumed that would be where Aro would like to see me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Adele

Alright so we see Jesse is a jokester. Could this possible cause problems later on?
Some funky things with Adele? They could be hints.

Alright now, I have moved just waiting for the house we are moving into to not be under renovations. I also have a big contest entry coming up next week on wednesday is it's due date. So I will mainly just be working on that one with the occasional other update for flavor.

Much Love, Devon

P.S.
If you go to my profile you will find a link to a contest I have started with the ever wonderful, Angel Devastation. And you will see that I have started yet another co-write, Angel In The Night.