Sequel: Picking Up Petals

Scattered Black Roses

Chapter 8

Later, that evening, after the guys were dropped off at some forest (they insisted I dropped them off there no questions asked), Rena asked to stay over at my house for the night. My parents knew her well so they didn’t care. Sometime during the night they’d go off somewhere anyways.

Rena walked ahead of me and waited at the front door while I parked my car on my reserved area of our driveway. I got out, locked it, and made my way up the porch steps. I fiddled with the key ring of my car keys until I found the house key. I pulled open the screen door and unlocked the front door. My arm held the door open for Rena.

She slipped inside and went straight to my room. It didn’t take her long to ponder where to go first. Well it’s no surprise because of the many times she’d been here.

I locked the door behind me as I began to follow where Rena went. I wondered why she didn’t go straight to the fridge like usual.

“Wasn’t the concert totally worth going to?” Rena’s eyes sparkled.

“Yeah, I mean, it was killer.” I agreed.

“I wonder why Ricky never mentioned his dad,” Rena read my mind once again. Heck, we were talking about the boys again. It was the last thing I wanted, but at the same time the first thing.

“It doesn’t matter. He probably didn’t want us to be groupies or something. Maybe he’s afraid we’ll only like him because of his dad. You know what I’m getting at?”

She remarked sarcastically. “Wow that made a lot of sense!”

“Was I stupid before?” I faked a pout.

She shook her head. “Nope. Never.”

“You know, we really should’ve picked up your stuff from your house.”

Rena whined. “We wear the same size though!”

“Fine,” I got up and opened my closet, “Don’t have too much fun in there!”

“I will!” she was gone without a second thought lost in my clothes and accessories (some never worn).

Rena popped up out of nowhere a few minutes later and told me to get dressed up nicely.

I rummaged around in my closet along with Rena to find something to wear. How in the world does someone like me have so much to choose from? Maybe staying up so late wasn’t the smartest thing.

“How about this?” she held a pair of black skinny jeans with a gothic skirt over it along with a deep red corset.

“Remind me why I must be all dressed up?” I took the clothes into my arms.

Rena walked out of my walk-in closet. “It’s a surprise!”

I followed and frowned, “You know that last surprise didn’t go so well!”

“Just trust me, okay?” she whirled around with a smile.

I could swear there was an evil glint in her eyes, “Well since I’m getting all dolled up, any idea for accessories?”

Rena’s eyes lost their malevolent glint as she walked to my jewelry box. More like skipped. She definitely got the fashionista in her from her parents.

“You have no good accessories!” she cried dramatically with a gasp.

“Rena, I haven’t really gone anywhere, but school and work for a while. I didn’t really need any, and you know Matt and I just broke up. There’s really no reason to impress anyone anymore,” the last part sounded a little glum, but I was moving on. Maybe I missed making myself attractive for more than just me.

“You’ll need them. Lucky for you though, I have a closet full of them. Come on, let’s go. I have the perfect ones for you!” with that said, she disappeared from sight.

I sighed and quickly changed into what Rena had picked for me. Almost curiously, I peeked at the mirror and was breathless. Rena chose the perfect outfit. Heck, I’d even forgotten that I’d had these. Maybe some weekend I’d really look into my closet. Yeah, right.

My hair flowed over my shoulders like a cascading waterfall as I brushed it behind my shoulders and left my room. Before I walked out, I grabbed a pair of black sneakers with skull laces and slid on my short fishnet gloves. Everything looked perfect.

Rena was nowhere to be seen as I looked all over the house for her. Man, I’d wished I’d asked where she was going when she left! Maybe if I were lucky she’d just pop up out of nowhere with that perkiness of hers.

“Oh, right, to my place we go!” she grabbed my wrist and pulled me in the direction of her house.

“Why aren’t we taking the car?” I nearly tripped on my own foot when trying to steady myself.

“Because you’re too lazy for the average person! Save the environment you lazy ass!”

“B-but Rena,” I whined as I tried to go back to my car.

“But nothing, now keep walking.”

That shut me up, there was nothing more to argue.

Rena gasped, “Here they are!”

“Here what are?” I tried to look over her shoulder to see.

“No, close your eyes, right now!”

Her tone made me obey quickly.

I felt something wrap around my neck, wrists, and middle fingers.

“You can open your eyes now,” it seemed as if Rena was beaming.

I opened them and looked in the mirror. There was a black choker with a deep red amulet hanging down just a little above where my corset’s rim was. On my wrists were bleeding heart wristbands, and last, but not least there were two identical silver ring bands on both of my middle fingers.

“Rena, you really went all out!” I exclaimed as I hugged her tight.

She hugged back, “Just thank me later!”

I got the feeling “later” was the surprise. And I was absolutely correct. Little did I know what would await me as she led me out into the night to a small town restaurant I’d never step foot inside and never knew existed.

Rena paused at the door, dug into her pocket, and handed me my cell phone, “You might need this just in case.”

“When did you get my phone?” I grabbed it from her with a shocked expression.

“I grabbed it when I left the room. Now, in you go! Have fun!” and with that said, she headed to a night café.

I waited at the door for a minute before I walked in.

“Ah, Miss Rose!” the guy who stood behind a stand greeted me.

“Um, that’s me. Uh, I think I’m looking for someone?” I sounded less unsure than I actually felt.

“Come right this way, someone has been awaiting your arrival!” I hated how cheery this guy sounded, but I followed him nonetheless.

“Here we are!” he stopped at a booth with someone sitting with their head in their hand.

I took a close look. I couldn’t see who it was. Then the light shines on him. My gasp of surprise filled the air as my eyes took in the figure’s form.

“It’s about time you showed up,” his alluringly soothe voice came after my gasp of shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments really inspire me (: