‹ Prequel: Your Love is my Drug
Sequel: Blah Blah Blah

Kiss and Tell

20.

I sat in front of my mirror the next morning, applying more and more cover up to the huge bruises that covered my face. No matter how much foundation I put on, the black patches of skin shone through with dominant force. I was almost crying, just out of pure frustration, refusing to leave my room until I looked normal again.

After about three more attempts, I threw my brush at my mirror and dumped the compact in the small garbage can beside the dresser. Defeated, I stared into the mirror and looked over what Vince had done to me, I was not pleased. I had a party to go to tonight- and I would not miss it. Even through the circumstances, I would not skip Emma and Kris’ engagement party- the one that came close to the wedding than the engagement.

They’d planned it for weeks. Well... Emma had. From the day they got engaged, and Emma refused to have the party until it was perfect. It was finally the way she wanted, from the colors to the meals; to the decor- everything was set. I would not be the one to put a damper on the day.

I buried my head in my hands. I didn’t want to go out looking like a victim; I didn’t want pictures being taken where I had huge bruises all over my face. This was impossible, there was no way around it and it was draining me.

There was a soft knock and Jonathan walked in, wearing a black suit with a black tie. He looked at me and I pouted, pointing to my face. He stepped into the room and closed the door behind him, sitting next to me on the small chair in front of the mirror. We both examined my face through the thin sheet of reflection.

“You can’t even tell,” he said finally.

I didn’t flinch, “Save it, Jon.”

He knew that wouldn’t work, “Look, Danny’s outside, she could probably help.”

I sighed; I guess it was worth a try, “Ok.”

He stood up and smiled, patting me on the head lightly, “Niklas is here too, so we’re ready when you are.”

I glared at him and he raised his hands in defence, before leaving the room. It wasn’t even a minute before Danny walked in wearing a perfect green dress. Her hair was long and down, cascading in curls. She looked over my face and smiled, reaching into her bag and taking out some of her own magic.

“Oh, he made it seem like it would be hard,” she smirked, running my makeup brush through the stuff she held, before putting it lightly over my bruises, “You look lovely, Leah.”

I shut my eyes as she continued, letting out a breath, “I don’t look like some guy just knocked me out?”

She flinched lightly but gained composure, “Not at all, you look like ravishing... and now, you look perfect.”

She stopped dabbing at my face and I opened my eyes slowly, looking at her beaming face. I slowly turned to look in the mirror. Where I used to see black marks, I just saw skin- sure, it was caked on thick, but Danny had completely covered the bruises.

I looked up at her, stood up and wrapped my arms tightly around her shoulders. She laughed and returned the gesture before pulling me away and looking at me sternly, “We’ve got two really hungry hockey players waiting, get dressed and let’s go!”

I smiled and agreed, as she turned and made her way out of my room. Silently, I went to the closet and took the black dress I was wearing off of its hanger. I put it on, feeling it hug my curves and tighten my chest. Then, I slipped on my black pumps, which made me taller than my usual tall frame and looked myself over.

I then made my way downstairs, and saw them talking by the door. I grabbed my purse just as they all turned around. Danny’s hand went to her chest and she nodded eagerly in approval. I smiled shyly, looking down at my shoes, and listening to them click as I approached them.

“His eyes will surely be on you,” Niklas smiled, holding out his arm for me to take.

I laughed, feeling the blush in my cheeks and followed him out to the car. Danny and I took the back seat and Niklas in the passenger seat. The ride was full of singing, jokes and complete stupidity and I’d realized what I’d missed during those nights of locking myself away in Jon’s house. These were the moments I’d cherish.

We arrived and I took Niklas’ arm again, walking into the hall. We walked in as Ladd was making a speech and quietly made our way to the table. I locked eyes with Patrick, who had come solo, and he looked me over and smiled. I felt my heart flutter, wow, what that boy does to me.

I listened to a few more speeches before my phone buzzed violently.

From: Kaner
Meet me in the lobby.

I looked up and noticed he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's nearing the end of the story! I know, it's sad, and I think this is the end for these characters!
I love you guys, keep the feedback flowing because i love hearing it!!
Finally, some Kaner in the next chapter-- are you excited!?
I am!
Comment!