‹ Prequel: Your Love is my Drug
Sequel: Blah Blah Blah

Kiss and Tell

21.

I walked into the lobby as saw his blonde hair instantly. We were the only two out here, and the clicking of my heels made him turn around. He smiled lightly and I couldn’t help but lose my breath. It’d been a long time since he looked at me like that; I never wanted that to go away.

“Hey,” he said quietly.

I stopped in front of him, smiling softly in reply, “Hi.”

He reached up to rub the back of his neck, “So uh, I haven’t talked to you since...”

I nodded, understanding what he meant. His baby blue eyes looked into mine as if he was waiting for an explanation. I didn’t know where to start, or what to even say. I couldn’t describe why he hit me, or how he did it, but I’d try.

“Vince,” I started, clearing my throat, “I met him when I got home, at a bar. He... swept me off my feet I guess. I know it’s stupid, and you can’t really tell now, but Pat he treated me so well. I thought I’d hit the jackpot, that stuff never happens to me, so I jumped right into it. I moved in with him after a month and a half, and we were basically attached at the hip. I guess I brought it on myself, I talked back one day, when some girl came over to see him- and told me they’ve been sleeping together,”

“I kind of flipped out, and he pushed me into the fridge, and I just kept yelling. Then he swung, and that shut me up, so he used that against me. It just kept getting worse, I know this isn’t what you want to here, but I let him do it. He hit me in the head with something one day... I don’t know what, but I woke up drenched in my own blood and I ran- I ran back here, to Jonny, and he found me.”

Patrick’s face had fallen, and he looked in a rage, “W-Why didn’t you leave earlier?”

I shrugged, “He told me I could run, but he’d always chase me... and he did.”

Patrick ran his hands over his face and he shook his head, “Never let me hear you say that you brought it on yourself, that’s bullshit and you know it. He’s a fucking worthless bastard.”

I nodded, I’d gathered that, “I know.”

“And-,” He began, his voice getting louder, eyes getting wider, “You better not leave again, because nothing like that is ever going to happen again... ever. “

“I know.”

“Fuck, Leah, I’m sorry.”

I smiled, waving it off, trying to save the sympathy speech, “I’m sorry too.”

He frowned, “For what?”

I would finally get to say what I wanted to, away from the part and away from everyone else, “Leaving you at the airport.”

“It’s ok,” he said quietly, eyes never leaving mine.

“I was just scared,” I excused myself, not listening to his replies, “I didn’t want to admit that Brent wasn’t right for me, or that I was completely in love with you, or that I never wanted to leave you- because you made me feel something and you gave me butterflies and your eyes always made my knees we-.”

He grabbed my hand, cutting me off and smashed his lips onto mine. I kissed back so eagerly, tears running down my cheeks. I clutched onto his suit jacket as his hands cupped my face. I felt the stress leave my body, this was all I wanted. The boy in front of me was it, he meant the world.

He pulled away and pressed his forehead to mine, gathering up the courage to say it without fear of being rejected, “I’m fucking in love with you.”

I smiled at the f-bomb, and he wiped my tears swiftly, “I’m fucking in love with you too, 88.”

He smiled, leaning down to press his lips to mine again. I wanted to just stay here, like this, forever.

He pulled away and looked at me, I sighed, “Sorry about my face.”

He frowned, looking over my face briefly, “What about your face? It’s as beautiful as ever.”

My heart fluttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go, that was a whole lot of Patty for you. Mr. PKANE is back, with the love of his life! I've been waiting to post this moment, because it finally shows you just how confused she was throughout the last five-ish years of her life, convincing herself she loved Brent- and refusing to believe that she was in love with Kaner.

Anyway,
Comment !!