‹ Prequel: Your Love is my Drug
Sequel: Blah Blah Blah

Kiss and Tell

5.

I slammed the car door shut, “He has a girlfriend?”

I could hardly contain my anger as Jon started up the truck and let out a breath. Yea, I really didn’t have any place to put my opinion, but come on, a little heads up that my ex boyfriend was now in a relationship would have been nice. I pulled my dress down and let out a frustrated groan, throwing off my shoes to let my feet breathe.

Jonny sounded stern, “Yea, her name is Lindsay.”

My head snapped toward him and I glared, “I don’t give a shit what her names is! A little heads up would have been nice!”

He turned onto the main street and let out a breath, even though he only had one drink he didn’t look in shape to drive. Maybe he was just stressed out, or something happened, because he looked rough.

“I’m sorry!” He said, turning on his blinker, “I didn’t know how to tell you and I didn’t want to stress you out more than you were.”

I rolled my eyes and slumped into my seat. Why is it that every time I’m in the car with this guy we argue? I had a right to be mad, I figured. Brent was a huge part of my life and he was one of the two very big factors for why I didn’t want to return. Informing me that he was no longer single and he had a bombshell of a girlfriend would have been pleasent.

I sighed, leaning my head against the window. It had been awkward and horrible, but I deserved it. There were points when I had wanted to cry, or throw something across the table at half of the guys who now, clearly, despised me, but I had managed to keep a few friends. I was happy with that.

“Did you even acknowledge Patrick?” Jon suddenly asked, out of thin air.

I glanced at him, “No, I didn’t even see him. Was he even there?”

Jon laughed and shook his head, like I was immature, “Yea, he was there. You gave Brent your attention, but you didn’t even look at Pat.”

I frowned, I was not liking Jon’s mood right now, “I didn’t see him, asshole.”

He snapped at me, “Yea, well you could have looked.”

I just stared at him. To be honest, I was shocked. The only time Jon really acted this way was when I told him about Patrick. I wasn’t used to it. It had startled me then, but I had deserved it. At this point, almost two years later, I did nothing to earn this attitude. I looked away, too confused to even fight with him anymore.

We pulled into his driveway and I got out, slamming the door. I trotted up to the door with my heels in my hand, waiting for his slow moving ass to unlock it for me. When he did, I threw it open, dropped my shoes and rushed to my room. I didn’t want to be around him, I couldn’t. I loved him too much to say something I’d regret.

Shutting the door, I slid out of my dress and put on an oversized t-shirt. Then, I slipped into a soft pair of boxers. I was tired, exhausted and I really didn’t want to think about tomorrow. I didn’t want to see Brent’s bright blue eyes again, especially when he looked at me like he had. I didn’t want to see his ‘girlfriend’, either. Silently, I began taking off my makeup, I needed to rest.

I was in the midst of throwing my hair into a ponytail on the top of my head, when there was a knock on the door. I glanced at it, but nobody came through.

“Come in,” I said quietly, turning back to the mirror.

The door opened slowly and Jonathan stood there, in his boxers and nothing else. I didn’t want to look at the body I knew he had, I was too upset with him. He shut the door and walked past me to see on the bed. I continued throwing my hair up, not offering a word. He didn’t say anything either, he just sat there quietly, looking at me. Playing dumb, I got up and walked to the bed, throwing the covers over myself and placing my head on the pillow.

I heard him let out a breath, “Look, I’m sorry.”

I turned over to look at him, “For what?”

He shrugged, “Yelling at you. I have no right to say anything about Patrick, that’s your life.”

I nodded, “Then why did you?”

He didn’t have an answer; he just sat there, looking lost. I frowned, sitting up so that I could properly scoot over to the empty spot next to him. I watched his expression change to utter confusion as his eyes flickered to mine.

“Why didn’t you call me earlier?” he asked quietly, so quiet I could barely hear him.

Oh, so that’s what was wrong. It was the conversation with Ladd that inspired this mood in him. I gave him a shrug and looked away. I didn’t want to talk about it, it was why I had left, there was nothing left to discuss, that part of my life was over and it wasn’t coming back. Why bring it up anymore?

“You promised...” I began.

“I know,” he said abruptly, “I know I promised I wouldn’t talk about it, but Leah-.”

“-No, Jon,” I cut him off, shaking my head, “I don’t want to discuss it, any of it. You said that if I came back we didn’t have to.”

“I feel like it’s my-.”

“-STOP!” I shouted, standing up, but having nowhere else to go, “Just stop, I don’t want to do this right now!”

“Okay,” he said weakly, standing up as well. He walked forward and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around me. If I didn’t know better, I would think I had a fatal illness and he had limited time with me, “I love you, you know that.”

I bit my bottom lip to fight the urge to cry, “Yea, I know and I love you too.”

He kissed my head and pulled away, “Good night Lee.”

“Night Jonny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Notice the wonderful new layout and banner? It's all thanks to this amazing girl. She's also the reason for the quick update, so go and thank her- right now!!!

comments? and please let me know what you think about this beautiful new layout!
Click it!