Bassist Love

New Kid

I found myself wandering the halls of Marina High. My parents decided it would be fun to move to Huntington Beach, California, without letting me know. So now here I am, stuck in a high school where I know no one, and I’m trying to find the main office.

I finally found the door that read, Main Office. I pushed my shoulder length auburn hair out of my face before entering. I walked into the room and went to the person I assumed was the secretary. I smiled at her sweetly. She smiled back at me bitterly. Huh, maybe she read my records. I wasn’t exactly a good girl. “Hi. I’m Ashley Morgan. I’m new.” I told the lady.

“I know that much.” She muttered bitterly and went to get my file. Well this lady didn’t like children that much, I guess. She returned a minute later with seven little notes and a bigger sheet that I was guessing was my schedule. She handed me the bigger paper and said, “This is your schedule. Don’t loose it.” The handed me with seven small papers, “Get each of these signed, then bring the back here at the end of the day.”

After that she went back to her computer. No ‘Do you need help to your first class?’, nope, none of that helpful stuff. So I left the office to go into the crowded hallway by myself. By the looks of it, I would absolutely hate it here. There were fake blondes with fake boobs, and possibly fake boyfriends. They were all overly hyper with their squeaky voices. I was tempted to shoot one of them, but I kept a low profile. I don’t wanna be the target for their gossip or anything. Oh wait, I probably already am.

I looked down at my schedule.
1st period – Mr. Kenny – English – Room 356

Great, just what I wanted, English first thing in the morning. I was going to try and ask someone for help, but then thought better of it. What’s the point? It isn’t like this Mr. Kenny can mark me late if I didn’t know how to get there.

So I took my time looking at all the numbers on the doors. The bell had already rung when I finally found room 356. I wasn’t that late, maybe just around 2 minutes. So I walked through the door and felt all their eyes on me. I wanted to glare at them all, but thought better of it.

“Ms. Ashley Morgan?” The teacher asked me. He was a man with short brown hair and in his early 30s. I nodded at him. “I’m Mr. Kenny.”

“Okay.” I said. Did he think I didn’t already know this? Oh well. I gave him the slip to sign.

“Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?” He asked me, as he signed the slip, then gave it back.

“No, not really.” I said with a blank expression, while putting the slip somewhere I wouldn’t loose it.

I’m pretty sure he was about to argue with me when someone walked in. I watched as all the students turned their heads. Wow, kind of creepy. “Mr. Seward, you are late once again.”

“I realized that, Kenny, thanks for the information.” I heard the boy talk back to the teacher. I turned to look at him. He was a short boy with a mohawk and was about 3 inches taller then me. And I was 5’ 4”, so it was pretty funny watching this boy talk back to the tall teacher.

“Just go take your seat, Mr. Seward.” The teacher said with an annoyed voice.

“Will do, Teach.” He said and walked, to where I guess, was his seat.

“And I believe you were just introducing yourself to the class, Ms. Morgan.” He said to me.

“Uhm, actually, I was just not introducing myself to the class.” I said to him sarcastically.

He just gave me a look that said ‘Why did I get you in my class’. I got that look a lot. He sighed and said, “Go sit next to Jonathon.” I turned to look at the class trying to figure out who was Jonathon.

The guy who came in late raised his hand to me. Oh, so that was Jonathon. I walked over to the empty seat. It was between him and some jock looking dude. “Hey, I’m Johnny.” He said to me. When I got a closer look I saw he really was quite attractive. He had a blonde Mohawk and brown eyes. And he also had that bad boy look that I loved.

I was about to reply, but someone said something first. “Shut up, you short faggot. She wouldn’t care.” I turned around to see the jock dude. He had a cocky smirk on his face. I glared.

“Oh shut the fuck up, Tony!” Johnny said to the jock. He looked like he was ready to fight.

“Hey! I’m only telling the truth!” He said to Johnny then turned to me. “Right, babe?”

Oh hell no! No one calls me babe OR makes fun of short people. “Who? Me? Since when has my name been babe? Wow, I better talk to my mom about this name change.” I said sarcastically. Tony looked bewildered. Hm, must have not had many girls ‘resist’ his cockiness. “So until you learn my name, fuck off.” I said with a smirk. Tony just turned his head back to what ever the teacher has been saying.

I turned back to Johnny with a smirk to see him with his jaw open. He still looked really cute though. He finally recovered and yelled, “You are officially my new best friend.” And high fived me.

And that, of course, caused the whole classroom, including the teacher, to look at us. I smiled awkwardly. “Ashley, don’t make me give you detention on your first day here. As for you Mr. Seward, I have no problem giving you detention.” Mr. Kenny said with a stern look, but turned back to the board without giving Johnny or I and detention.

Johnny leaned over to me and whispered, “Don’t worry, he is all talk and never gives any detention.” I smirked.

The bell rang after we passed notes all class. I learned that he was one out of five of his friends, which were pretty much the only people who aren't preps. Which was good, 'cause otherwise I probably would have died in this school.

It turns out we had the same classes, except for 6th period, he had band, I took art. So we were walking to Math when someone stopped us by saying, “Hey! Short Shit!” And clapped his hand oh Johnny’s back. Johnny and I turned around to see a really muscular dude. He must have been in a higher grade then us.

“Hey, Matt.” Johnny said with a smile. Then he put an arm around my shoulders and said, “This is Ashley. Matt, Ashley. Ashley, Matt.” I was about to say hi, when a tall person came practically screaming down the hall.

“GUYS! GUESS WHAT!” He screamed at Johnny and Matt, not noticing that I was there. Two more people came down the hall after the tall dude. One had a fedora on, and the other was a wee bit chubby, but it looked cute.

“Yeah, Jimmy?” Matt said like it was normal for an abnormally tall dude to come screaming down the hall.

“THEY HAVE TATER TOTS FOR LUNCH!” Jimmy yelled. Then he must have noticed me. “Holy crap! They actually make people shorter then Johnny! And it isn’t a 12 year old?!” He said with a genuine shocked look on his face.

“Pfft, I’m fun sized, you mother fucker.” I said to him. The next thing I know, I have a pair of arms rapped around me, and I’m being lifted off the ground. “Put. Me. Down.” I say threateningly. I’m short. I stay close to the ground. The rest of the guys laughed.

“Ashley, this is Jimmy,” Johnny pointed to the tall one who was jumping up and down with an excited smile on hi face. Wow, well I guess they don’t get many new people around here. “Brian,” Johnny said and pointed to the fedora dude. He was nice looking, but definitely not as good looking as Johnny. “And Zacky.” Johnny finished and pointed to the cubby one. They all waved at me and smiled.

“Johnny, man, she is like you, but a girl!” Zacky exclaimed.

“So, erm, is this a good thing?” I asked curious if they liked me or not.

They laughed and Brian said, “Fuck yeah!”

The warning bell rang and Matt said, “We’re seniors, so we won’t have any classes with you, but we all have the same lunch, so see you then.” He said with a smile and everyone but Johnny and I walked off.

Johnny grinned at me. It was a really cute grin that made me grin back. “They like you.”

“Good.” I said happy that I made friends.

“We are going to be good friends, Ashley, I can tell.” He said with a huge smile that made my heart melt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? ♥