Status: Pretty much dead. my co-author abandoned me so...

Feel Just Like Home

"I've Been Answering Machines All Night."

My fingers flew over the laptop's keyboard in a rush, while my upper front teeth sunk down into my bottom lip. Anxiousness and a shot of thrill ran through my veins as Jade, my colleague started counting down time. “10. 9. 8. 7. 6.

"Come on, Em!" She shouted encouragingly, but anticipation was evident in her tone.

The time on my laptop said three minutes till midnight. Before midnight was the deadline for my first article for the new Big Bang magazine. Not many articles were chosen to actually be on the magazine but every intern was required to submit one for the editor in chief to read. The best one would make it to the final Big Band draft magazine. That was how you got accepted into the press. And I really wanted to become a member of San Diego’s Big Bang magazine press.

But first, I needed to actually finish the article that I had put off until earlier this day. I had been given at least three weeks in advance to find a new underground band and write an article about them. That was more or less what Big Bang specialized in doing- introducing fresh and innovative new bands to the spot light.

About a week ago I had stumbled upon a small venue in the outskirts of San Diego due to the fact that I had seen flyers all over the city. The bold letters that marked the colorful blue paper read that the band Pierce The Veil was playing that same night at ten. So with a small shriek that I made, I started heading over to the said venue.

The band was amazing, but not really my taste in music. Either way, I had written a review about them after I interviewed the singer/ guitarist of the band. Vic was his name and he was more or less quiet. Less hyper than the bass player of the band, actually. Overall, they were talented guys who deserved to be well-known.

I inhaled a deep breath as my little finger hit the ENTER button, signaling for my interview to be e-mailed to the editor in chief. With that, I spun my chair around so that I could face Jade in accomplishment.

"Finally you finish! Damn girl, I thought we were going to stay here till dawn." She accused playfully with a roll of her eyes. My mouth twitched upward into a twisted smile and continued with gathering my things and turning off my laptop. With that finished, I followed Jade out of the building, into her small white car.

Due to boredom, I turned on the radio in hopes to fill the car with music but failed in finding a good station. "Damn it, I swear they should have more indie music radio stations for people like me." I grumbled to myself, letting my body sink into the seat of the car.

Jade let out a sarcastic laugh, "Em, darling. Not everyone listens to that depressing slow music that you listen to."

With a loud scoff, I shot back at her. "Jade darling, The Strokes are not depressing or slow." I stressed each word to make a point.

She really didn't say much after but complain about how tired she was. I nodded in agreement not caring whether she saw my action or not.

Jade dropped me off at my apartment which I had previously shared with my younger sister. But after a year of living with her, we both realized that living together wasn't such a good idea since she never payed rent. So my parents told her to move back with them. Of course without hesitation, she ran back.

I trudged to my room, not bothering to change into any sweats and laid down. Closing my eyes, I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So due to lack of Pierce The Veil stories on here. Me and fellow mibbian Deme have decided to write a fan-fic about the San Diego boys.

This is basically just an introduction about my character.

Feedback? Comments? Subscriptions? Please, anything is greatly appreciated.

Trust me, this gets better as we keep writing.