Status: Slowly but Surely

Love Knows No Boundaries

Overdose

The pill bottle sat in front of her. She contemplated taking them or not.
"God, get ahold of yourself, C," she muttered to herself.
She reached for the bottle, but stopped. Her phone was buzzing from her desk. She jumped up from where she was sitting and ran over to it.
"It's just Mike," she said, sounding depressed.
She picked up the phone and said," Yes, Mike? This better be important."
"C, what are you up to?" Mike asked, sounding worried.
"I am busy. I have things to do, and you are stalling me," Ciera snapped into the phone.
"Don't do it, C. It won't solve anything," Mike said.
"I don't care," Ciera said, emotionless, to Mike.
She hung up on him. Great, she thought, he'll call 911. She swiped up the pill bottle and spilled its contents onto her desk. She grabbed her water bottle and opened it. She grabbed a handful of pills. One by one, each with a gulp of water, she took 15 Tylenol PMs.
She laid down and waited. Waited to fall into the darkness, to be gone from the world. She waited to die.
Just as the darkness engulfed her, she heard the sirens blaring and saw 1 P.M. on her alarm clock.

*****************************

She woke up at 7 P.M. that night. She was in a white room and there were familiar faces everywhere.
"Where.... Where am I?" she muttered. "Is this... Heaven?"
"C! You're okay!" Mike yelled.
"Ciera, baby, you're at the hospital. Me and Daddy just got here," Ciera's mom said, gently stroking Ciera's cheek.
"Why am I here?" Ciera said, sitting straight up.
"You overdosed," the doctor said as he walked into the room.