Status: Hold

Dilapidate

Hospital

April 2010, ten-thirty p.m. Nothing moves yet I am sitting here in the hospital. My mom stands near a vender machine with her hands close to her mouth, Roy sits like him at the far end. Bend over when he is waiting for news.
News.
We're the only ones waiting in the waiting room. I think were all scared.

The doctor comes in, Dr. Klotz. His face has fallen, this is not that face you look for. You don't search for this.

My mother rushes over to him and my brother jumps onto his feet. A women stands next to the doctor, they both wear their matching scrubs and uniforms. I think of Grey's Anatomy.
I shouldn't.
The silence becomes disturbing, scary and ugly. I get up as well a little unsure. The doctor lowers his head.
“We did everything we could."
My mom cries and Roy stays put, and I?
I sit back down
"We are sorry for your lost." The woman says. I look at her, there’s no remorse whatsoever.
Liar.
For the seconds that pass by, a black American woman speaks to me about all these mixed up feeling and that it’s okay to tell her or anyone how I feel. She gives me her office number and tells me something about an appointment.
My dad killed himself tonight.
Suicide.
I walk over to the window as my mother performs the paper work.
"Has he left us?" My brother turns to face me.
"We will be fine." He says. For a moment every street light brightens but the shadows don't move.
"I promise." Roy says
“I promise.” He repeats.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW LAYOUT!!!!