Status: Hold

Dilapidate

Chapter 3

It’s been two months, two months since the incident and two months since I hadn’t gone to school. Two months.

Roy had decided that he wasn’t going to stay and live with us. Five weeks of doing nothing. Five weeks of mopping he couldn’t take it. Dad was always in his study room looking at the world map wallpaper he had put on a year ago. I couldn’t bring myself to go in that room, none of us can.

“I can’t take this shit anymore!”
Roy you watch your mouth!
“No this gloomy mood, it’s a bitch.”
Roy!
The table shook. “Maybe I should leave for a while.”
Leave? Roy you still have a couple more years in university you can’t just leave—
“Dad wanted to travel; I could just take a year off. I need this! I have to do this for him.”
“But he’s gone.” I spoke quietly. They looked at me as I stared at my meal.
Dakota…


Three years ago my dad opened a private garage with his brother. They got a couple of cars to work on and when ever someone wanted to buy one it was never possible. Never.
There were two cars in name for me and Roy two cars out of six he put on his will. The rest would have to be sold to the customers who wanted the cars they demanded for at the time if they were still interested. 1981 Chrysler Lebaron Town & Country, it was pretty big and my mom would let me use it since I got my license. It was my favorite. “Dakota I have a surprise for you.”
I rolled my eyes. “I don’t like surprises.” He placed a cup of milk in front of me. “Four-thirty sharp.”
And I knew what he wanted me to do, go to the garage.

-:¦:-

I was so happy, like my father I had a passion for vintages vehicles. 1981 Chrysler Lebaron was my favorite. An easy grip steering wheel, broad dashboard for a bobble head to stand, radio and tape was included too. “Here she is Dakota, Chrysler.” I looked at him waiting. “She’s yours.” He had said. My mom was standing in the kitchen that night as I ran inside ranting about my new car.

Roy had gotten a car too the following morning. 1970 Dodge Charger 500 a famous car back in the day.

“Dakota lets go!” he screamed. “Yah, yah I’m coming.” When we went outside Roy squealed “Did dad bring this over from the garage?”

“Nah, I brought it over for it to stay here.” He came outside to join us. “Your giving the car to mom?”
Dad shook his head no and Roy’s eyes lit up. Mom wasn’t into cars… but maybe the fact that dad had a passion drew her in.

None of us has the courage to step foot in the study room. There are many times when I can’t sleep I’d creep downstairs to stand in front of it pretending my father will walk out.

But he doesn’t.

“Dakota?” mom comes into the hall wondering what I’m doing standing in front of the studies. “You okay? You have to hurry up before you miss your bus.” I faced her. “I’m not taking the bus.” She paused. “I’ll take Chrysler.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter that I made was very inspiring to me. I have a friend who is very deep in love with cars so I thought of her and how I can relate it with Dakota. As you know she lost her father and here again is another relationship i have connected with another friend who lost their father last year. There were a few changes made to the prologue just because I now know how I want my story to head. Also just to clarify, the italic is referring to her past.Leave comment on what you think?! I hope you enjoyed♥

R.I.P-