Kiss Me, You Stupid Vampire!

Dream

Raine's pov

"Wh-what?" I asked.

"He died. He was walking from a bar, drunk, and stumbled onto the road, and was hit. The ambulance got there as fast as they could, but there was too much damage." Sterling explained slowly.

"Damage?" It was like my brain couldn't comprehend what he was saying.

"Yea. H-he umm he had multiple broken ribs, head trauma, his legs and arms were broken, sticking at odd angles. One of them had literally came off." I could tell he was trying to take out as much gore as he could, but I could see it in my mind, making me gag.

"N-no. No, he can't be dead." I shook my head furiously. My dad may have not been the best dad, actually he was far from it, but I still loved him, he was still my dad no matter what, and I could never hate him enough to want him to be dead.

"I'm sorry." Sterling whispered.

"No... I-I have to get home." I said in a daze. I quickly got up and walked out of the house.

"Wait." Sterling said grabbing my hand. I flinched away out of reflex but stopped anyway.

"Let me drive you." He said. I nodded my head and we walked to his car. As he pulled out of the driveway, I looked out the window up at the house. In one window I saw a pair of purple eyes staring at me before the curtain was shut quickly.

Sterling was a much better driver than Kat. though he still went over the speed limit, he didn't rush through stop signs and stop lights. The ride was silent and all I could think about was my dad. Was he really dead? If he was, was I happy? Or was I sad? Did I want him dead? I thought I didn't, but thinking about all the stuff he did to me, maybe I do hope he's really dead. And if he is, where will I go? Obviously I'll have to get a job. But would I be able to keep the house? What if they put me in foster care? I'm not exactly an adult.

"Raine? We're here." I heard Sterling say softly, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up and saw that we were indeed in front of my house. But something felt off. I slowly got out of the car and walked up to the house. Getting my key out of my pocket, I unlocked the door and took a step inside.

"Dad? Dad... a-are you home?" I called walking towards the steps. I heard no grunts, no loud feet pounding on the floor, no yelling, nothing. I went up the stairs to his room, hoping, he was asleep, or maybe I was hoping he wasn't in his bed. I quietly, and slowly opened the door, just in case he was asleep. But when I opened the door, I saw his bed, with no one in it. I let out a sigh, of relief or disappointment, I wasn't sure which. I quickly ran back downstairs and over to the answering machine.

"You have 2 new messages." it said.

"Hey Dad it's me-" I deleted that one since I knew it was me.

"This is Officer Bindle from the county office. We have some important news to tell you, if you will, call us back or come down to the station when you get this message. Thank you, bye." It said. The police? Ok, that didn't mean he died. he might have gotten into some trouble and was sitting in a cell waiting to be bailed out.

"Raine?" I heard Sterling call through the house. I quickly ran out to the front room where he was waiting for me.

"Can you drive me to the police station?" I asked. He nodded his head solemnly. We walked back out to his car, and he drove to the police station. Once there, I ran out of the car and up to the office. I ran in and went to the front desk.

"Yes?" The woman smiled at me.

"I need to see Officer Bindle." I said quickly.

"What's your name?"

"Raine Silver." Her polite smile quickly turned into a pitying one.

"Yes, one second, I'll go get him." She said getting up and walking away. My chest was rising and falling quickly, in tune with my breathing.

"Miss Silver?" I heard a guy say. I turned around and saw a police officer in his mid forties, his black hair was graying at the roots and his eyes were filled with sympathy.

"Yes, that's me. Are you Officer Bindle?"

"Yes I am. Will you follow me?" I nodded my head and followed him. Sterling was right behind me.

"Is this about my dad? Does he need to be bailed out or something?" I asked as we got to his office.

"You might want to sit for this." He said motioning to a chair on the other side of his desk.

"No. I'll stand." I said.

"Ok. Earlier today, there was an accident. A drunk person, walking from a bar, had wandered into the road and was hit by an oncoming car. That person was Bob Silver, your dad."

"My dad? I-is he al-alright?" I asked.

"He was hit pretty bad."

"Is he alright?"

"He had mutiple fractures and broken bones."

"Is. He. Alright?" I asked slowly, punctuation every sylable. He stared at me for a while before looking at the ground.

"No. He's not alright. He's... well he's.... your dad.... he died." Died. The word spun around in my brain as I tried to understand the meaning. Suddenly I wish I had sat down, as my knees buckled and my legs gave out from under me. The last thing I saw before I blacked out, was Sterling catching me.

Sterling's pov

"Is she ok?" Officer Bindle asked standing up suddenly. I nodded my head.

"Yea. L-let me take her home." I said. I picked her up, bridal style, and walked to my car. I buckled her in and drove to my house. There would be no sense in taking her to her house, where nobody would be to watch over her. Once we got to my house, I picked her up again, and walked inside and upstairs to my room. Everyone was still there.

"Raine!" Wynter gasped as I laid Raine on the bed. She ran over to her and was stroking her hair away from her face.

"She's ok. she just fainted is all." I said looking down at Raine. I felt a pang in my chest as i looked at her sleeping form. No one deserved to be so hurt. First her mom died, not really but that's what she thinks, and then her dad. I could tell she had mixed feelings about his death. Her thoughts were scattered. I picked up a few of them. One told of how he abused her anothed told of how she could never hate him because he was her dad.

"What happened?" Wynter asked looking up at me with her purple eyes.

"We got to her house and there was a message from the police station. When we got there, one of the officers told her that her dad died and she started to fall, I caught her, and she fainted." I explained. Raine started fidgeting in her sleep.

"I have to comfort her." Wynter said looking down at her daughter once again.

"But how-?" Before I could finish my sentence she was gone. Of course, she's a fairy. Fairies can enter anyone's dream, as themself of course.

Raine's pov

I was running and running. Where? I don't know. I don't even know where I was at. I could tell I was on something very high off the ground and below me was a lot of water. I just continued running and running.

"help!" I heard someone yell faintly. I ran in the direction of the voice and skidded to a stop, just before I fell of the cliff. I saw a pair of hands handing on to the cliff. I looked over and saw that it was my dad.

"Dad!" I yelled grabbing his hands.

"Pull me up!" he yelled. I used all mty strength to pull him up, but I couldn't pull him up. He was too big.

"I can't dad!" I started to sob.

"You're worhtless! Anyone could pull me up! You're a stupid whore! Stop your blubbering and pull me up!" He yelled. I realized then that I was the key to my dad's life. I could save him, or I could let him die.

"I said pull me up!" The more he yelled the more I wanted to let him die.

"Raine." I heard softly behind me. I quickly let go of my dad's hands and spun around, seeing my mom before me. I was so shocked to see her standing there.

"AAAAHHHHH!" I heard. I turned back around just in time to see my dad fall off the cliff. I watched as he fell with no emotions running through me. He was dead and I felt nothing. Then as soon as I thought that, a ton of emotions hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Dad!" I yelled sinking to the ground on my knees, sobbing. I put my face in my hands. I killed my father. Everthing I had, was gone. I cried and cried as I wished for my dad to be back.

"Raine." I heard my mother's soft voice as she wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me towards her.

"I-I killed him. I killed him." I mumbled into her chest.

"Shhh. It's ok. You didn't kill him. It wasn't your fault."

"I could have saved him. I could have pulled him up."

"Nothing could have saved him. Not even you."

"No. No, he died because I killed him."

"He died because of his stupid actions. He died for a reason, everyone does." She whispered consolingly.

"Why'd you die?" I asked finally looking up at her face. It was so familiar, like I just saw it yesterday. But it's been years since I seen her and I didn't even think I remembered her. Her face was so flawless like an angel's face. She was pretty. And I had her purple eyes.

"I never died." She whispered.

"Y-yes you did. You aren't here. You died."

"I never died, in here." She pointed to my heart. I smiled up at her.

"I love you mom."

"I love you too. Now everyone is worried about you. You have to wake up." She said.

"But, you'll be gone again. I wanna stay here with you."

"You'll see me again. I promise."

"When?"

"Soon. Very soon." With that she was gone. Soon? What did that mean? Did that mean I was going to die soon too? I shook my head and remembered what she said about everyone being worried. I closed my eyes, and willed myself to wake up.


When I opened my eyes, I saw three people looking at me.

"She's awake!" Kat yelled smiling.

"Finally." Griffin smiled too. I heard Sterling let out a sigh of relief.

"How are you?" He asked. I just shook my head biting my lip to keep from crying. Sterling sat down on the bed beside me, and pulled me into a hug. He's been a lot nicer than he was at school. I'm begining to think I was wrong about him being an egotistical jerk.

"They're gone." I whispered as a tear leaked out of my eye. Sterling's thumb, quickly wiped it away.

"It's ok." He whispered holding me tightly to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his torso, hugging him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe <3VampirePrincess15<3