A Goalkeeper Can Catch Anything...Even Love

More Secrets

*Ivy POV*

“Oh my god!” squealed Carla putting her hand over her mouth to keep from screaming louder and alerting the press nearby. We were now in Johannesburg and we girls had decided to go out and cheer the guys during practice. They needed all the encouragement they could get because no Spanish team before them had made it through to the semifinals. They had history going against them as well as the pressure of a nation on their back. Also, the Paraguay footballers had shown that they weren’t a team to be taken lightly.

“That sneaky Iker,” Nani shook her head in disbelief as Anna rambled off a very long Spanish sentence that I was able to understand thanks to the progression of my Spanish lessons with Iker. Every moment we practiced together and I was really getting good. The point of Anna’s sentence was a lot of ‘holy craps’.

“Let me see the ring again,” Olalla smiled in delight. I made sure that the journalists weren’t looking at us and that Agnes, Carles’s girlfriend, had strategically put herself between me and the cameras before extending my hand. There was no way I wanted them to ruin this special time or add ammunition to their madness. The diamond was the most beautiful thing I had ever beheld. It was square shaped and wasn’t small or huge like some celebrities wanted it so that they could flaunt it to the world. Mine was prefect for me and reflected my taste well. The most amazing thing about the ring Iker had picked out was that deep in the diamond if you tilted it in just the right way there was red in it. I smiled knowing that it was there to represent his Spanish and my Swiss heritage.

“It’s beautiful!” Patricia said.

Her oldest daughter tugged on her sleeve, “I helped picked it out!”

“So that was where you went,” Patricia mumbled.

“Well it was an excellent choice Zaida,” I complimented.

She grinned up at me holding her new Barbie against her chest, “Although I did tell Uncle Iker to get a bigger diamond. Did you know they are a girl’s best friend?”

I chuckled, “No I didn’t but thank you for telling me.”

“I think that Congratulations are in order!” Anna cried. The other girls repeated the same thing and there were a lot of hugs and laughter exchanged.

“Tell us how he proposed!” exclaimed Agnes.

“It was actually in a pool,” I said smiling. I could still remember the racing of my heart after the ring had been revealed and the feeling that there was no way in hell I was saying no.

“A pool?” Nani repeated dubiously. “Doesn’t sound too romantic.”

“It was,” I replied still thinking of the words Iker had told me before he had asked me to marry him. There was no better setting than a pool proposal for our unique relationship.

“When’s the wedding?” asked Carla still looking at my ring.

“Tomorrow,” I responded and they all gasped.

“Isn’t it a little fast?” Olalla said catching Nora before she fell and hit her chin on the bleachers.

“Hello, everything is fast about their relationship,” Nani pointed out.

“We can’t wait,” I explained. Iker and I had spent a long time thinking it over and had figured it all out. We couldn’t wait to get married, wanting the formalities over and binded together forever. There was no way that our families could come in that short amount of time so we had come up with a plan. We would have a small wedding with only the Spanish team and without alerting the press here in Johannesburg in a church with a special license. In a few months when I had moved to Madrid and things had settled down we would have a bigger one there with all our families and friends. “It’s tomorrow and you are all invited.”

“I love weddings!” cried Carla and everyone shushed her. “Oops, sorry.”

“This calls for a shopping trip!” Agnes said clapping her hands in delight. It was then that a few of the guys jogged over to us.

“Just heard the happy news,” Gerard said. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” I replied as Iker sat next to me and gave me a kiss on the lips.

“Surprised he decided to tie himself down,” Sergio grinned.

“I don’t mind being tied to Ivy,” Iker said.

“Technically he is wrapped down because she’s ivy, get it?” Pepe laughed at his own joke.

“I’m just glad that you two are getting married so that Del Bosque gives us the day off,” Cesc said from his spot next to Carla.

“I swear the practices get more grueling every time we move forward in the tournament,” Fernando agreed.

“The way things are going we’ll all be dead before we even get on the field in three days,” Andres grumbled.

A whistle blew from the distance and the footballers all turned their heads. “I didn’t say it was break time!” yelled Del Bosque in Spanish. I smiled to myself proud that I had understood him.

“Time to go,” Iker gave me one last kiss and ran back to his net.

The rest of practice flew by with me discussing wedding stuff with the girls and reminding them that Iker and I didn’t want the press to know anything. They all knew to keep their mouths shut and when the whistle blew once more we all stood to go to our men. The rest of the girls were a few paces ahead of Nani and me when I pulled her to a stop.

“Nani, you’re one of my closest friends here and I was wondering if you would be my maid of honor?” Normally I would have asked Sarah but she wasn’t there and I felt the most connection to Nani.

“I would be honored!” She smiled and hugged me.

*Iker POV*

“You first,” I said.

“No, no the honor is all yours,” argued Ivy handing me the phone.

“Ladies first,” I insisted handing it back to her. For once we were standing in Ivy’s room and not mine so that David wouldn’t have a fit.

She rolled her eyes, “Don’t be a baby.”

“I’m not being a baby, I’m being a gentleman.” I grinned at her. We had waited long enough for this moment but there was no way that we could put it off any longer…it was time to tell our parents about our sudden wedding.

“I’ll start with the easiest first,” Ivy sighed in defeat. She had to make three calls while I, mercifully, had only one to make. She dialed the number and lifted the phone to her ear. “Hey Sarah.” I heard an exclamation of joy from the other end and then there was a lot of talking from Sarah’s end. Finally Sarah stopped long enough for Ivy to announce our news. There was a shriek on the phone and I winced for poor Ivy’s ear as she held the phone away from her. There were shouts of joy and Sarah calling for Tranquillo. After a lot more screaming Ivy hung up.

“I’m going to say that she is happy about this,” I ventured a guess.

“Yes and by the end of today the entire Swiss team is going to call me knowing Tranquillo’s big mouth,” Ivy chuckled. “On to my mother.” She sounded considerably less happy than Sarah but cheered up when Ivy said that they would have another wedding in Madrid. Finally it was time to call her dad. I slipped my hand in hers as the phone rang. “Hey Dad…” The conversation was a heated on and lasted about an hour. It was all in French so I didn’t understand a thing which got me thinking that I was going to have to get Ivy to teach me some. Her father didn’t sound pleased at the speed of the marriage but calmed down a bit when Ivy said she loved me—only word a new in that language—and then something else in French. She hung up and looked worn out.

“So…” I prompted.

“Not happy about things and is worried for me but will stand behind me,” Ivy replied, holding out the phone. “Your turn.”

This was the moment I was dreading but if Ivy had done it three times I could do it once. I punched in the numbers and let it ring.

“Hello,” my mom’s voice answered.

“It’s Iker mom,” I said.

“Oh honey! It’s so good to hear from you,” my mom responded. “You’ll be happy to know that your father is recovering well and was moved home.”

“That’s great news.”

“How are things in South Africa? We are so proud of all you’ve accomplished so far.”

“Thanks mom, look I have to tell you something,” I started. I dropped the bomb on her as gently as possible but she was still shocked.

“You barley know this woman!” my mom sounded a bit winded.

“Breath mom,” I instructed. “I know all I need to about Ivy and I’m going to marry her tomorrow.”

I told her the plan so that she wouldn’t be even more upset with missing the wedding. She passed the phone to my father next which I think she did to make him change my mind. Astonishingly he was very happy about it and I realized that my dad was a romantic at heart. My brother was happy to hear that he was going to have a sister-in-law and wanted to know if she was as hot as the pictures in the newspapers. I hung up knowing that my family was dazed and processing the information but happy for me. I had barely put it on the table when it rang. Ivy looked at the caller ID.

“And the calls from Switzerland begin,” she sighed and flipped the phone open, walking into the hall at the same moment as David walked in.

“I thought you wanted to be alone in our room,” I said.

“Too boring,” he made himself comfortable on Nani’s bed.

“Next time you complain about anything I’m just going to ignore you.” I rubbed the back of my neck in anxiousness. “Listen David, would you be my best men for the wedding?”

“You mean me?” David pointed at himself.

“Is there any other David?”

“Well yes, David Silva.”

“I meant in this room.” Maybe him being my best man wasn’t such a good idea.

“Wow, I’d be happy to.” David stood and was halfway out the door.

“Where are you going to in such a hurry?” I asked.

“To get started on my best man speech. It might take a while.” David left swiftly but was replaced by Sergio.

“Hey! Why am I not the best man?”

“Because knowing you Sergio, you would forget the rings.” He couldn’t protest that statement so went quiet.

“But there is something you can do,” Ivy said walking back into the room. “You can give me away.”

“To Iker?” Sergio asked.

“Obviously,” I said trying to keep the sarcasm out of my tone. From the look Ivy gave me it hadn’t worked.

“You are one of my best friends here and since my dad won’t make it I would really like it I you would.” Ivy looked hopefully at Sergio and I could see him soften under her gaze.

“Heck yes I’ll do it.” He too then stood and made for the door.

“Now where are you going?” I called after him.

“Going to work on my giver-away-man speech.”

“Should we tell him there is no such thing?” Ivy wrapped her arms around my waist.

“No, I’m a bit interested at what he comes up with,” I smiled.

“Me too.”

“Ivy! It’s shopping time!” it was Carla’s voice but Nani was the one to enter the room.

“You better hurry before Carla decides to leave without you, she loves shopping.” Ivy giggled and grabbed her bag following Carla’s loud voice.

“Nani,” I stopped her before she left. “Here’s my credit card. Buy Ivy a gorgeous dress, knowing her she’ll tell you she wants an inexpensive one now and a fancier one later. I don’t care about the cost, I want her to buy what she loves for both our weddings.” I handed her the credit card. “I’m counting on you to make sure it happens.”

“You got it Captain.”

*Ivy POV*

“Ivy, what about this one?” Patricia asked holding up a dress that was pretty but too big for my small wedding. We were in the most expensive wedding boutique in Johannesburg after having ditched the paparazzi. I had made sure that before I had left the hotel I had twisted my engagement ring around to hide the stone from the cameras. The storekeeper had agreed to keep all this secret and had closed down the store for a private shopping experience.

“It’s too much fabric.”

“This one?”

“Too much money!”

“I found one!” Clara held one up.

My eyes hurt looking at it, “Too yellow.”

I walked over to the section with the least expensive dresses and the less elegant. I bit my lower lip as I looked through them. I wanted something that didn’t cost much but was still pretty. I also didn’t want a puffy dress, wanting to save that for the bigger wedding.

“Oh no you don’t.” Nani dragged me back to the more pricey dresses. “Iker told me to get you a gorgeous, expensive dress.”

“That’s ridiculous! I’ll save that for my other wedding.” I was pretty conscious about money and was thinking about this logically.

“Don’t care! You are getting a nice dress for both of them.” Nani stopped us in front of a row of the biggest, grandest wedding dresses.

“Besides you could always sell the dress you pick on ebay and get tons of cash because its been worn by you so it doesn’t make much deference how much money it costs,” came a very familiar—and manly!—voice.

“Sergio!” Nani smacked her boyfriend on the arm. “What are you doing here?!”

“First, ouch! I think it’s all I ever say these days, you are all so abusive!” Sergio tried to kiss his sore arm. “And I’m positive that the father can come on this dress picking thing and since I am the father of Ivy in this instance I am here.” Having forgotten all about his arm he rubbed his hands together in anticipation. “What should I do first?”

“Just go sit with the other girls and when Ivy comes out wearing a dress you just tell her what you think,” Nani put in plain words.

“Got it!” Sergio wondered away, hopefully, to where he had been instructed to go.

Nani turned her attention back on me and the dresses, “Iker insisted and when the Captain gives me an order I carry it out.”

Knowing I was beaten in this matter I turned around, “Fine, but I want a dress for this wedding that is slimmer.”

I went into the row of the mermaid style dresses and picked out a few to try out. I went into the changing room and then one by one I paraded in front of the WAGs—and Sergio—for their opinion. It wasn’t going well. One was too long, the other wouldn’t stay over my chest, the beading was all wrong, too tight, not tight enough, and the list never ended. I was down to the last few dresses when I found it. I had heard all the rumors about trying on a wedding dress and then miraculously knowing that it was the one. Well, they were all true. As soon as I slipped into the gown and ran my hands down the fabric while looking in the mirror I knew I had found it.

I opened the door of the changing room and walked out. All the girls went quite and their eyes went round. Many looked like they wanted to say something but had lost their voice.

“Damn,” Sergio said in awe.

*Iker POV*

I fixed my cravat one last time in the mirror before opening my hotel door and making my way to the lobby. Unlike Ivy, my outfit had been very easy to find and only taken me an hour outside the hotel to purchase. She, on the other hand, had spent at least five hours at the store looking for a dress. When I had commented on the time yesterday to David he had said I was lucky, it had taken Patricia a month to find hers.

The tricky part had been figuring out a way to get past the journalists outside. That was where the hotel staff had been helpful. They were dressed in our training uniforms and had agreed to climb into the bus and lead the paparazzi away while we would slip out. Del Bosque was going with them to make it creditable—a football team wearing hoods and unable to see their faces screamed distraction—but would rejoin us for the reception after. We had hired five taxi vans to take us to the church and I was to go with the guys first. Then the taxis would come back and pick up my future wife and all the ladies and children.

The ride over to the church was nerve-racking, I didn’t know what to do with myself. All I could think about was that Ivy was going to become my wife today and the joy was too powerful. David was giving me advice on what to expect with marriage and the good and bad. Fernando jumped in a few times too as well as Sergio who was never one to stay quite. Pepe was in the taxi as well and had already started to sing and dance in his seat from joy. I chuckled, he hadn’t even gotten into a bottle of wine yet.

We finally arrived and when no paparazzi were spotted nearby we all made a break for it to the church. I greeted the priest and then more waiting was in order till Ivy arrived. If the ride had tested my nerves waiting in a church was sheer torture. I waited by the alter already with David beside me. Sergio was at the door that opened to the lobby area of the church and was looking at the door to the church to tell us when Ivy was here. The rest of the guys were either sitting or standing in groups talking. I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and tried to think about anything else to distract me.

“Maybe she made a break for it,” Pepe joked from his seat. Not helping, I thought.

“I am about to kick you’re a—.”

“Not in a church Iker!” yelled Sergio from the door.

“No yelling in church either,” I snapped. “Why is it taking so long?”

“You know how girls are with their hair and clothes,” Cesc replied before blowing a bubble with his gum.

“No gum in the church!” cried Sergio. “God will strike you down!”

“Who are you to be moral all of a sudden Sergio?” asked Fernando.

“I am always moral,” Sergio looked hurt at the suggestion that he was anything but.

“Relax Iker. Ivy will be here soon,” David answered my original question. This was worse than waiting for the game to start in the tunnel!

“The women are here! No one panic!” Sergio waved his hands in the air to get our attention as if his screaming hadn’t. Nani poked her head inside the main part of the church.

“She just needs a moment.” She was gone before I could say anything. In the meantime I watched the women enter and all the guys take their seats next to their significant other.

“Calm down,” David whispered giving me a slap on the back in encouragement. I exhaled deeply and then everything sort of went in slow motion. I took a deep breath in as the doors sung open and almost choked on air/nothing. My mouth became as dry as the Gobi Desert and almost dropped open seeing Ivy enter the church.

She was always beautiful to me but today she was magnificent! Like a star that had graced us all with her presence on earth. Ivy took Sergio’s arm and glided into the room. Her wedding dress looked like it had been designed for her, clinging to her body in all the right places like a second skin. It was strapless with a heart shaped bodice sewed full of delicate beadwork. The beads were lined perfectly down her long legs and where the gown pooled halfway down her leg the patterns were exquisitely crafted while the train shadowed Ivy’s movement. The only adornment she had on was the engagement ring I had given her and a fragile necklace with a white crystal. Her rich brown hair was pulled back and she had somehow managed to curl it which I knew from her was near impossible. It was held up yet the curls cascaded down to one side of her bare shoulders. Her lips called out to me as they shinned from the lip-gloss and her eye make-up was done so well that it brought out the gold in her brown eyes.

When she reached the alter and Sergio handed her over to me I grasped her soft hand and pulled her close to me. Never releasing her I looked deeply into her eyes as the priest started the formalities of the ceremony. I was too preoccupied with looking at my stunning bride to pay much attention to his words.

I place my lips close to her ear and whispered, “You are the most beautiful woman in the world mi amor.”

“You look very handsome as well cheri,” Ivy told me.

The ceremony I was told after was beautiful, I for the most part couldn’t get my head to concentrate on anything but Ivy. Thankfully David nudged me when I had to say I do and everything went off without a hitch.

Before I knew it, I was sitting at a table with Ivy next to me back at the hotel and surrounded by my teammates and coaches. Ivy and I were holding hands on the table and the wedding bands gleamed in the light. I was Ivy’s husband and she was my wife, finally.

The ballroom of the hotel had been decorated at the last minute and all credit to the employees they had done a fantastic job. The tables were set with attractive gold rimmed plates and shinning silverware. In the middle of the table, striking bouquets of exotic flowers native to South Africa were displayed. Everything was just right.

David stood first to deliver his speech. It was funny and had a lot of advice on marriage such as the woman is not always right but that you had to make her believe that she was. Next came Nani, hers was very sweet on Ivy’s passage to the wives department of the WAGs and how happy she was that I had found a soul mate like Ivy. Ivy and I both embraced and thanked her for her speech as Sergio stood.

“Now, I was sure that there was suppose to be a speech that I had to make because of my very important position but Fernando informed me yesterday that there wasn’t after I had been working on it for hours.” Sergio gave us a look and we laughed. “No worries though I had only written down a sentence.” Everyone burst into laughter at that. “Needless of all this tricking and lack of ideas I still want to say a few words about my friend Iker and the lovely Ivy.” Sergio turned to look at us, saying seriously, “You are the craziest people I have ever met for getting married this fast—which makes you my heroes! You’ve reminded us all that there is still such a thing as true love in the world and that when you know you have to grab it and screw everyone else. Which is exactly what you did and I know because I was one of the screwed.” A few chuckles and grunts of agreement sounded from the guys. “It’s going to be hard especially for you two. On the journey to perfect happiness you’ll have to cross an ocean and a wave of paparazzi but I think you’ll do fine. After all, Iker is a goalkeeper with his job experience he’ll be able to keep out the things that will make you loss and catch Ivy’s love. To Iker and Ivy Casillas Fernandez!”

“That was inspiring Sergio,” chuckled Pepe. “Didn’t know you had it in you.”

“Who knew you could sound like that?” Fernando teased.

“I loved it Sergio,” Ivy stood, kissing his cheek before coming back to sit next to me. Sergio turned red and was make fun of the rest of the night. The food came out next and it was delicious since it was all the traditional foods that Ivy and I had been introduced to by Nku and loved. It was hilarious to watch the faces of all the people around us try the fare carefully like it was going to jump back up at them.

“They should have more faith,” whispered Ivy. I smiled lovingly at her. We finished the meal two hours later after a lot of discussion on the menu items. Ivy and I were called out onto the dance floor for our first dance. I glance at Cesc when we passed him and he gave me a thumbs up at my silent question. I smiled inwardly as we stepped onto the dance floor and I drew Ivy close to me.

*Ivy POV*

As I was drawn close against the exquisite warmth of my husband’s body I waited for one of the traditional wedding songs to start. We hadn’t talked about a song together so I just thought one like Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion or (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams would come on but I was shocked at what actually came out of the speakers.

It was La Camisa Negra by Juanes. I glanced up at Iker to see if he had known about this as we started moving.

“I thought that since it was the first song we danced to together that it should be the first one we dance to as husband and wife.” His smile reached his eyes and I couldn’t stop an answering one on my lips.

“It’s perfect.” I felt like I had said and thought that a lot over the last two days but it was the only word to describe what I was feeling without breaking out in tears of bliss.

“Isn’t it too fast for a traditional first dance?”

“Fast describes everything about us as a couple.” We swayed a little quicker to the beat and he dipped me.

“True.” Iker flashed me a grin that showed off his even, white teeth. “But did you know that this is technically a heartbroken, break-up song?”

My eyes widened as I listened more closely to the words know that I knew more Spanish. He was right. “Well it won’t be our break-up song,” I said with conviction. “Since tons of couples dance to a love song on their wedding and then get a divorce I think we are cheating fate and doing it the way that will insure that we stay together forever.”

“Eternidad Ivy.” I was never going be immune to the way his voice went all husky and deep when he murmured to me in Spanish. My eyelashes fluttered closed when he placed his lips on me in a gentle yet searching kiss that had me tingling from the tips of my toes to my head.

“Save that for later!” yelled Andres. We laid our foreheads against each other and smiled in secret promise to one another.

“My turn with the bride!” Pepe cut in as the song ended. I danced with the whole Spanish that night and had a blast. Iker would steal me away from the other men whenever they got to close—which was more often than I thought—and then he himself would break his own rule.

“Behave,” I said good-naturedly as Iker let his hand wonder a little lower than was proper.

“No puedo esperar para estar a solas contigo,” he replied knowing what it did to me to hear his native language on his tongue. I blushed at the knowledge that he wanted to get me alone as much as I wanted to be alone with him.

The vanilla cake was cut and I had took great joy in kissing and licking the cake I pushed into Iker’s face off. We danced a little more and were surprised to realize that the song Fallen by Jason Derulo was a lot like Iker and I’s relationship. Then the bouquet was tossed and caught by Carla who jumped up and down in joy, Cesc looked for a place to sit down before he embarrassed himself.

“Here’s the key to a private room,” Del Bosque said handing the card to Iker when the time came for us to retire. “You’ll have until two tomorrow and then it’s practice time.” Still business as usual. “Don’t be late and this private room is one night only so don’t get use to it.” His eyes softened as he shook hands with Iker and then kissed me on the cheek. “Best of wishes to the both of you.”

Thanking everyone we retreated upstairs to catcalls and whistles following us from the room. When we arrived to our suite Iker swiped the card but before I could enter the room he stopped me with a hand on my arm. He lifted me into his arms before I could prevent him.

“Iker!” I giggled in happiness. “What are you doing?”

“I know this isn’t our home but I think that the ‘carrying the bride over the threshold’ rule still applies here.” Iker entered into the candlelit room and slammed the door shut with his foot never once jolting me in the process. He ignored the Champaign and two glasses that had been set on the table for us and laid me out on the bed. He yanked of his evening coat and cravat before coming into bed and hovering over me. I twined my hands behind his neck and brought his lips to me. I let my tongue meet his and heard his growl in that back if his throat as my hands untucked his shirt to caress his back. He shivered under my touch and when I removed my hands his black eyes meet my golden ones.

“Mi Corazon, I love your dress…” Iker’s fingertip made a trail down my front and my breath caught. “…but it’s time to take it off.”

*Iker POV*

Once again I found myself in the tunnel waiting to step onto that green pitch. It seemed like I was forever standing in tunnels and always anxious to get on that field. Maybe they should have us all just wait out there with the deafening noise of the fans that would chase away the doubts that always lingered in the back of every persons mind. It was about a few minutes till we would file out and we were waiting for the Paraguayans to come out. I walked down the lineup of our team, exchanging words with my friends and trying not to let the pressure and worry seep into our bones. The Spaniards had, after all, never made it past this stage. I was near the end of the line when I spotted Ivy, of all people, walking towards me. Her gaze met mine and she only broke eye contact when she was stopped by security. I rushed towards her and told them it was fine.

“Ivy, what are you doing here?”

She didn’t respond only grabbed a fistful of my goalie uniform and pulled me down for a kiss that robbed me of breath. My mind went blank of all my troubles and responsibilities focusing only on Ivy and her expertly searching tongue. She let me go only when the Paraguayan team passed by and whistled.

“You’re going to win Iker,” Ivy said fiercely. “Concentrate on the ball and don’t let anything distract you from keeping it out of your net. When in doubt go left.”

“Why left?” I asked in amusement.

“Because I said so,” was her reply.

I caressed her cheek, “I guess I should get used to that answer. Since we’re married now I have a feeling I’m going to hear it a lot.” She tried to bite my hand for that answer and I chuckled as I let her go. “I’ll see you after the game.”

With one last kiss she turned to go but when presented with her ass I couldn’t help but playfully hitting it.

“Iker!” she shrieked in righteous anger. Ivy tried to hit my retreating hand but missed again.

“You really have to work on your reflexes nena, you’re a shame to my goalie name,” I mocked with a smile.

“I’ll get you back for that! You are so lucky there are no cameras around.” Ivy pointed an accusing finger at me but ruined her act when a smiled tugged at the corner of her mouth.

She went back to her seat and I took my place in the front of the line. No longer apprehensive I walked onto the pitch. I listened to the anthem followed by giving a speech against racism and then the game began.

*Ivy POV*

The whistle blew without delay for the second half of the game to start. Nothing had really happened during the first forty-five minutes although Iker had not been kept idle. I was sitting with most of the other WAGs on the Spanish team although a few had stayed at the hotel because of their kids, Olalla begin one of them. I was sitting next to Patricia and Nani, they both looked as nervous as I felt. I bit my lip knowing that by the end of this match I was going to need a lot of chapstick. I was trying to act as calm and collected as Del Bosque but I had no idea how he was doing it. I squirmed in my seat and then stood up in outrage along with all the other Spanish fans as the referee blew a penalty for Paraguay because Gerard had been pulling one of the players back.

I sat back down and watched Iker closely. My god I can’t take this, I screamed inwardly. He looked composed enough, I was the one freaking out for him. Nani and Patricia both took one of my hands and we prayed. Another whistle blew and the Paraguayan player shot.

I shouted in joy as Iker went the right way—which was left— and caught the football firmly in his hands, “Go baby!”

All the players thumped him on the back knowing that it had been a close one. Not a minute later there was another penalty because of a faulted committed on David. Xabi was the one to come up and take the penalty.

“This is too much stress for one game!” cried Carla. Xabi made the goal only to not have it count and have to redo it. This time he didn’t make it in and the score remained 0-0.

“That was not fair!” Agnes yelled.

We had to wait in torture until the eighty-third minute for Spain to score. Pedro was the one that initially took the shot and it hit the poll, bouncing right to David’s feet. Hitting both posts in the process the ball landed in the back of the net. I glance over at Iker as all the other WAGs hugged each other in glee and saw him look to the sky in thankfulness. It was over before we knew it. The girls and I all embraced cheerful for our men and I saw the guys surround Iker chanting “Saint Iker” which was picked up by the crowd for his amazing save.

I smiled widely knowing that Saint Iker was all mine.

*Iker POV*

When you make history and become the first team in your nation to make it to the semifinal there is only one thing to do, party. We Spaniards descended upon the nearest club, The Blue Moon, and the drinks began to flow. I felt like I was on cloud nine, I had managed to keep a penalty out ensuring that when David scored it would be for the win. Plus I had my arms around my sexy wife as we tangoed on the floor impressing everyone with our skill. I didn’t let go of Ivy until we went to rest and get a drink around two in the morning. We went to sit next to Sergio, Nani, Cesca, Carla, and Xavi.

“I’m so thirsty,” I said out of breath as I dropped into a chair and made Ivy sit on my lap.

“Please tell me what you would like oh Saint Iker and I will get it for you,” Sergio said with a half bow from his seat.

I rolled my eyes and Ivy chuckled, “It sure feels strange being married to a Saint that isn’t a Saint at all.”

“Who says I’m not a Saint?”

“Would you like me to list the reasons?”

“Yes please!” This came from Sergio. We all looked over at him, “What?”

“I can’t believe that I love you,” Nani put her head in her hands.

“I can, it’s my sexy hair, unbelievable personality, and muscled body—.”

“I think we all got it,” Cesc said to the relief of all of us. After a cold drink we all went back onto the dance floor but then had to call it a night or face the wrath of Dl Bosque. I turned to go after Xabi when suddenly I felt a slap on my behind. My eyes wide I turned to find none other than my wife looking innocently at me.

“Told you I’d get even.”

“Why you little minx!” Ivy slipped through my fingers like air as I reached for her. She pushed the guys out of the way as she made a run for it to the exit. I stayed close by her and finally caught her as we came bursting out of the club.

“Got you.” I locked my arms around her and brought her curvy body to mine.

“I let you,” Ivy answered with bated breath.

“Sure you did.”

“I have to, you’re my husband. Besides I always want you to catch me.” I lifted her ringed finger with mine and kissed her knuckles, bringing the hand level to our eyes so we could study the bands that bonded us together.

Too bad that it was also the ideal angle for the paparazzi cameras.

Sergio came out behind us, “You both suck at keeping secrets.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If you would like to see Ivy's wedding dress and hairdo this is the link:
http://kleinfeldbridal.com/pics/items/large/Lazaro-10734-large.jpg