‹ Prequel: Here, Here, and Here
Status: First chapter should be up by the end of the week (7\15 - 7\17\10)

Beside You

Rip the Band-Aid

I slid off of Tom’s lap before any other members of my family could walk in. I tried to make it look like I had been sitting next to Tom instead of in his lap when my cousin, Ivan’s mother, walks in.

“Don’t worry the adults aren’t here yet” Breann jokes when she sees us. About that time Caoimhe and Ivan come running and screaming through the living room.

“No running in the house!” Breann and I command our children at the same time. Keevie and Ivan stop in their tracks at the same time, with almost identical pouts on their faces.

“Ja Mami” they reply in sync. It only takes them a second though to look at each other and take off again.

“I’m Breann” my cousin steps forward and introduces herself to Tom. He stands and shakes her hand.

“Tom, nice to meet you.”

“The Tom? Keevie’s father Tom?” Breann asks as she releases Tom’s hand.

“Ja” Tom looks away as he answers her.

“Better keep him away from my father” she jokes.

“Oh trust me I’ve already warned him” I joke back. Tom smiles nervously, not really finding our sense of humor funny.

Hunter walks up behind Breann and puts his hands on her shoulders, “Don’t he’s not as bad as they make him out to be” he said with a smile on his face. “I’m Hunter, Breann’s husband” he stuck his hand out and Tom grasps it and shakes it more firmly than he had Breann’s.

“Tom” he says, “And yes Caoimhe’s father Tom” he adds when he sees Hunter turn his head in question.

“Glad to finally meet you” Hunter smiles again.

“Fröhliche Weihnachten!!!” a deep male voice yells in a boisterous tone.

I stand and walk out to the kitchen to see who it is but I have an idea that it might be one of my twin uncles. I turn into the kitchen and feel a pair of arms wrap around my middle.

“Avy!!” my uncle Rich yells as his tight grip forces the air out of my lungs in a big gust. He picks me up off the ground slightly and swings me from side to side.

“Hi Uncle Rich” I manage to get out a mangled greeting.

“Rich she can’t breathe, put her down!” my aunt Jade-Lynn walks in behind him.

“Alright” he chuckles as he puts me down.

“Where’s Kielye, I have someone I want her to meet?!” I ask craning my neck to look out the door.

Kyle walks in and blocks my view of the snow covered outside. He looks at me, his hands full of gifts and presents, “She said something about eye-gloss and lip-shadow” he shook his head.

I laugh, “It’s called eye shadow and lip gloss!” I rush past him and out the door to find my favorite cousin. I see her step out of her car in her four inch, knee high boots. She’s got skinny jeans on that fade from bright blue to purple, a pink cami and a black blazer.

“Dressed to the nines I see” I tease as I wrap her in a hug.

“Did you expect any less?” she hugs me back.

“I’d have been disappointed!”

We link arms and walk back towards the house. Kielye was my first best friend and we haven’t seen each other in so long but it feels like we saw each other just yester day. “I have someone you have to meet!”

“Well then let’s go!” she shouted and then took off running.

“You’re going to break a heel! Or an ankle!” I yell following.

“Hell no!” she beats me to the door and runs smack into Tom as he opens the door, a crying Caoimhe in his arms.

“What happened?” I ask as I take the front steps two at a time.

“She was running again and fell and hit her head off the stairs” he explains calmly, “And she wanted you.”

I take Keevie into my arms and Kielye just stands there staring at Tom. I look Caoimhe in the eyes, “What did I tell you about running in the house?”

“To not do it” she pouts, her bottom lip sticking out.

“That’s right” my face softens knowing she’s learned her lesson, “Now, where does it hurt?”

“Right here” she places her hand right above her ear.

“Do you want Mommy to kiss it?”

She shakes her head yes so I lean over and kiss her head where she says it hurts.

“Does it feel better?” I ask. She raises her hand and holds her index finger and thumb close together. I smile, “A little better?” She nods her head yes, “Should Daddy kiss it to?” She nods her head yes again.

Tom leans over and kisses the same spot I did, “Better now cutie pie?”

“All better Daddy” she smiles and wriggles out of my arms.

“Daddy eh?” Kielye asks crossing her arms and leaning on the step railing.

“Mmhmm” I smile and take a step closer to Tom.

“Finally!” she yells and wraps Tom in a big hug. Tom just stands there stunned, not sure what to do. She lets go of him soon after though, “Well I smell Gram’s Christmas cookies and I want to get one before my dear brother eats them all so….” she nods her head and walks into the house.

Tom puts his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck in turn, our faces towards each other. I have to turn my face up to just look in his eyes.

“She’s a bit of a diva I know, but in a good way” I explain.

“How in a good way?” he smirks.

“Like Bill” I make the comparison.

“Are you calling Bill a diva?” Tom chuckles.

“I sure am” I smirk and I feel him press his body closer to mine.

“That’s good cause he is” he jokes. He leans down and kisses me on the forehead, pressing his lips there for a few seconds.

“Eibhlin?” I hear someone behind me clearing their throat. I recognized the accented voice and spun quickly. When I faced my uncle Ivan Tom’s hands were still lying lightly on my waist, almost resting on my pregnant stomach.

“Uncle Ivan” I pause, ’Rip the band-aid’, “This is Tom……Caoimhe’s father.”
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter should be up this week
if i forget remind me! :)