‹ Prequel: Here, Here, and Here
Status: First chapter should be up by the end of the week (7\15 - 7\17\10)

Beside You

Trying to Pack

“So are we taking everything?” Tom asks as we get back to our hotel room. Caoimhe passed out on the ride home and was asleep in the living room. The concert had been one of the most fun and energetic Tokio Hotel had ever put on. Everybody, the crowd, the guys, even Caoimhe, was in such a happy hyper mood.

“Everything as in all your suitcases including the one for your hats alone?” I look at him.

“Yeah” he stands in front of one of his suitcases facing me.

“Then no” I go back to looking for my large duffle bag. Bill barges in, no knock or announcement of his presence and plops down on the bed Tom and I share. “We’re only gonna be gone for two days and nights tops.”

“Will you help me?” he whines. He looks exhausted but won’t be for long.

“Where are you going?” Bill asks opening up a bag of sour patch kids.

“You’ll need something dressy for services and something warm to sleep in cause my GiGi tends to keep her house cool to save money or something.”

“Wait who’s GiGi?” Bill asks again as we ignore him.

Tom rummages around in his suitcase for a few seconds but gives up when he doesn’t find what he wants. “I don’t know what to wear to church! I haven’t been in years” he looks at me, slight frustration showing on his face.

“Why are you going to church?” Bill sits up on the bed, just starting to realize that we’re ignoring him.

“How about that red long sleeve shirt with the black metallic designs on the front?” I suggest as the shirt pops into my head.

Tom stares at me for a few seconds. “What!?” his face contorted with confusion.

“My question exactly!” Bill says a bit louder but not much. Tom and I are still too wrapped up in him finding decent clothes.

“Let me do it” I walk towards Tom, deciding to humor him. He steps aside happily, giving me full access to his suitcase.

“WILL ONE OF YOU PLEASE ANSWER ME?!?”

We snap our heads in Bill’s direction as he finishes yelling. “Shhh!” I put my finger to my lips as Tom says, “Caoimhe’s asleep!”

“Well I wouldn’t have had to yell if you had answered me the first ten times I asked a question” he rolls his eyes in annoyance.

“What was your question?” I ask slowly, pronouncing every word in a tone I use with Caoimhe when she needs to calm down.

“Don’t use that tone with me” Bill recognizes my tone, “I do not need to calm down.”

“Will you just ask your damn question?” Tom chuckles a bit at the whole situation.

Bill takes a deep breath, moving his hands up as he inhales and down as he exhales. “Where are you going?”

“Every year Keevie and I spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my grandma and last year we didn’t get to so we’re going this year and Tom’s coming with us, seeing as he’s soon to be a part of the family” I start rummaging through Tom’s suitcase looking for that red shirt.

“So you’re gonna be gone till after Christmas? You’re going to miss Christmas with the band?” Bill asks taken a back a little bit.

“Yep” Tom says nonchalantly, “And we’re going to miss the meet and greet on Christmas day.” He throws himself on the bed next to Bill.

“What!?” Bill spazs a little and gives Tom a surprised stink eye.

“It’s time to meet the family little brother” Tom says with a smirk because he knows it bugs Bill when he flaunts that he’s older.

“What are we supposed to tell the fans and media that are going to be there?”

“Just tell them I’m spending Christmas with a friend” Tom answers, “And then let them make up their own friend.”

“What ever” Bill gives up arguing with his brother. He knows there’s no fighting him at this point. “Why are you going to church?”

“Yes!!” I hold the red shirt up triumphantly. Tom and Bill give me funny looks. “You try finding something in that mess” I jab my thumb in the direction of Tom’s suitcase. I fold the shirt and set it on the bed so I remember to put it in my duffle bag when I find it.

“So why are you guys going to church?” Bill asks again this time with a smile on his face instead of annoyance.

“It’s something that I’ve done for as long as I remember. It’s the church my grandparents first went to when they moved to America and it’s the church that all my uncles and cousins and I grew up in.” I turn back to Tom’s suitcase and start looking for his darkest pair of jeans to go with the shirt. “Every year on Christmas Eve there’s a candle light service. And it’s not your normal boring church service.”

“I wanna come!” Bill says excitedly.

“You really want to come and meet my entire family?” I say pulling out a pair of jeans for Tom.

“No. If your family is anything like you then no” he says picking on me. I just stick my tongue out and pull out a lighter pair of jeans for Tom to wear on Christmas day. Bill continues, “I want to come to the candle light service.”

“I don’t really think it’s your kinda thing Bill” I say apprehensive. Bill and Tom both aren’t the church going type even though I’ve known Simone to go a few times when she found time in the family’s busy schedule.

“I don’t care” Bill retorts stubbornly, “I wanna go.”

“Fine but you have to be back in time for the meet and greet Christmas day.” I turn away and finish packing. I secretly grab an extra pair of Tom’s sweat pants for me to wear to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know its been a long long long time. yet again please forgive me. i've been on vacation and soccer is starting and so is school so i havent had a lot of time.
but i have lots of study halls, which are the perfect place to write chapters so things should start picking up.
that is if i dont get weighted down with lots of homework :P