Breathe It All In

One Month/1 Day

I walked down the aisles of Babies R' Us looking at all the pastel colored animals smiling back at me. I felt like their faces were mocking me. Look at the slut. Look at the slut. Look at the slut. She didn't even use protection. Look at the slut. I held back the tears, knowing how ever since looking at the pink line yesterday I had been crying.

It's not like I didn't want a baby one day. I really did. I wanted a big family. Not eighteen kids big, but possible three or four kids would be great. Even one angel would satisfy me. I just didn't feel that this was the right time in my life to be having a child.

Well, everything happens for a reason I guess.

I walked past the clothing and over to the miscellaneous items, and I stopped to stare at a pack of teddy bear Band-Aids.

While we had all been talking, I noticed that the only other person not drinking in our group of friends besides me was the guy with the amazing hair. He didn't seem to mind, as he laughed along with everything that had been going on. Jackie had begun to stumble around the room, and she attempted to hug the guy from behind. Instead of hugging him, she scratched his face with her fake nails as she stumbled behind him.

"Hey Jackie, nice to see you too," he said kindly as he helped her up. Jackie shook him off before she began walking to the next room. I noticed the beads of blood on his forehead from her scratch marks, and I saw him reach up before examining the blood on his fingers. At this point many of the people in our group were getting pretty intoxicated, so everyone just laughed. I saw this before looking at him about to head off, assumably, to the bathroom.

"I know where the Band-Aids are, if you're interested" I said, stopping him in his tracks. I stood up before heading over to him.

"Thanks," he said as he followed me up the stairs and into Jackie's room. He looked a little hesitant to go into her room.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to jump you or anything. Jackie has this thing where she only keeps stuff in her upstairs medicine cabinet. She thinks people would look through everything and judge her or something," I said, continuing into her room and turning on the lights. I opened the bathroom door and turned on the lights as well.

"That does sound like Jackie," He said with a smile. I was already looking in the cabinet when he came over to lean on the doorframe of the bathroom.

"I'm Kasey by the way," He said to me.

"I'm Gia," I said, taking out the only bandages Jackie had: hello kitty glitter Band-Aids. I held them up to Kasey before laughing.

"I hope you like pink,"


I smiled as I continued along past the miscellaneous items and over to the cribs. I ran my hands over the bar of the crib, realizing it was better if I told him sooner better than later. I was an independent woman. If he didn't want anything to do with the baby, I'd be angry at his dick-ness, but I could manage. I had great parents and great friends. Granted, they didn't know about the baby yet, but I knew they would accept me no matter what.

When I got up the nerve to tell everyone...someone...anyone...