Creatures Of Forever

Lilith's/Wesley's POV

Wesley had taken just enough blood to leave me slightly tired. I was annoyed; I had lost the guy I had my eye on, and now I had to find another. Damn him.
But as I walked on through the small town, I found myself wearing down quite fast.

I eventually just snuck into a single woman’s apartment and drank a bit from her. I preferred men’s blood - I didn’t know why – but it filled me up just as well. And quite contrary to popular belief, vampires didn’t have to be invited into one’s home.

I gently touched the mark I had left on the woman’s wrist, and it lightened up. It would be gone by morning.
Vampires could heal minor – and I mean minor – wounds of the flesh with the essence that comes from their pores.

I was frustrated quite a bit with Wesley at this point; seducing a man, knocking him out and taking his blood was so much easier than breaking into a home and making it look like nothing had happened.
A man would be happy with a bite mark or two. A single woman would probably call a therapist.

That damn sneaky man. He’s not touching me with his teeth ever again.

~~

Wesley’s POV

I got home about fifteen minutes before midnight; half an hour after I had left Lilith to her food. I decided to walk instead of hurry. The night was cool, and there were plenty of young women along the way willing to let me bite them a bit.

A vampire’s immune system was heavily protected against disease and sickness. Plus, if I had happened to stumble upon a girl with something unpleasant, I could smell it in her blood and make a hasty retreat.

I could say being a vampire is amazing, but living forever, once done, is not all that it seems.

I opened the front door to a dark house. Marisol must be off to the Red Cross to get some A positive. I don’t know how Jasper can drink that shit. Fresh is always best.
I could hear Kitka, asleep in her room on the second floor. She had turned in early today, I thought. I wondered why.

I thought no more of it and went into the kitchen. I didn’t need to turn on any lights; I could see even better than I could in daylight.
A note caught my eye as I looked in the fridge. Yes, vampires eat too. It’s just as important to us as humans. Although, we could go a hell of a lot longer without it; two months.
I looked at the note. It was hastily stuck to a small box, and written in quick handwriting.

“Keep your dirty fangs off! This is MINE!
-Lilith”

I closed the fridge, took a step back, and laughed. That’s the most obvious thing that she would do. Letting out a breath, I rested my arms on the countertop. Lilith. What an interesting person. I had known her my entire life, which was saying a lot, considering I’ve lived for five thousand years now.

We were both born in a small town called Dragomireşti; one of the least populated towns in Romania. Her name at that time was Alina, and mine was Nicu.
Our mothers were great friends. Ecaterina, my mother’s name was. She and Crina, Lilith’s mother, would sit in our small house and talk all day. My father died a few months before I was born. Lilith’s father took care of all of us.
But soon, a stranger came to our small town. I was fifteen, and Lilith was fourteen. As soon as he arrived, people began to disappear. Only Lilith and I noticed this. It was spread out and quite clever, and eventually we confronted him when my mother went missing. One year had passed by then, and seven people had vanished.

We looked into his eyes as we stood in front of him, and saw white pupils. His long brown hair drifted in the wind as he asked us, “Do you care to find out what happened to your mother?”

I had nodded hesitantly, and instead of being ten feet away from us, he was suddenly an arm’s length away. He extended his hand and his mouth opened slightly; my eyes widened when I saw slight fangs. “Come, little ones,” he whispered.

The last thing I remember of that day is watching a female appear next to the mysterious man, and then drag Lilith away from me.

I jolted out of my flashback when I heard Kitka shift in her sleep upstairs. It was probably a good thing too; I hated thinking about that day.

Marisol and Jasper, and Lilith still weren’t back at that point, so I decided to head upstairs. It was 12:45 in the morning.
I walked down the hall to my room and shed my long black coat, but went to Kitka’s door and stuck my head inside. “Kitka,” I whispered. She didn’t move at all. “Kitka!”
Kali!” I hissed, and she sat up. “What the hell do you want, Wes??” she growled. She hated being called a vampire; she preferred the term “sexy succubus”. We always laughed when she said that out loud.

“When did Marisol and Jasper leave?” I asked. “Around 11, why?” “Nothing, you can go back to sleep now.”

She groaned. “Thanks for the permission, asshole,” I heard her say as I turned away to go back downstairs, but not before getting hit in the back of the head with a pillow. That hurts, coming from a vampire.

~~

Marisol and Jasper came home a few minutes after I talked to Kitka. Jasper held in his arms a big ass bag full of blood pouches from the Red Cross. There was a guy down there who didn’t mind giving us some; he knew why we needed it.

“Want some?” Jasper asked as he offered a pouch. I was now on the couch, flipping through TV channels, and he and Marisol were seated on the couch across from me.

I stuck my tongue out and pretended to gag. “I’ll pass.”

He knew how much I hated the stuff, and grinned. “Fine, more for us,” he said with a laugh. He got up and began to put the bagged blood into a glass. Classy.

“Marisol, you heard from Lilith?” I asked nonchalantly, trying not to appear concerned. She looked at me.

“Um, no. I thought you knew where she was?” “Yeah, like two hours ago.”

Marisol shrugged. I looked at the TV; an ad for a sex hotline was on. You never see those on during daytime, that’s for sure. I sighed.

“Here,” I said, getting up and tossing the remote to Marisol. “Where are you going, Wes?” she asked. “Just upstairs,” I replied over my shoulder.

I walked up the stairs, and to my room. As I flicked the light switch on, my eyes immediately came upon a picture on my dresser. It was a picture of Lilith and me, from a couple years ago. I picked it up and laid down on my black comforter. Lilith looked so happy, and I had the chance to place a kiss on her cheek. I smiled nostalgically.

She better get home soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw, Wes. :) I really like where this story is going. Feedback please! Muah! :D