Creatures Of Forever

Wesley's POV

Lilith fell unconscious again as we went upstairs. I carried her to her room, where I set her down on the soft dark green bedspread. Her entire body and all her clothes were covered in blood, and there were various rips and tears in her shirt and on her arms.
She hadn’t just killed someone. Something attacked her, and it wasn’t friendly.

I started to make my way to the bathroom to start a shower for her, when a hand clamped around my wrist. She had sat up without me hearing it.

“Wes… where are you going?” she asked quietly. I turned around to face her.
“I’m gonna make you a bath,” I said. “We need to get you cleaned up.”

She closed her eyes for a moment. “Can you come here first..?” she said softly. I nodded, confused, and sat down on the bed next to her.

Lilith placed one hand over mine, as the other went up to touch my face.
“Thank you for helping me,” she whispered, obviously weak from blood loss. Her lips were suddenly very close to mine. She smelled of blood, lust and tears. “Lily…” I murmured. She wasn’t being herself.

“You only call me Lily when you want to kiss me,” she said. “Lily, come on… We need to get you cleaned-“ I was interrupted, as she chose that moment to press her lips to mine.
Lilith closed her eyes and wrapped one arm around my neck. I hesitated at first, but intertwined our fingers and closed my eyes too as our lips moved together. My other hand cradled her face, bringing her a bit closer to me. Her tongue ran across my bottom lip, but I pulled away.

This would have been an excellent time to do whatever I wanted to her, but I knew it wasn’t right. Lilith was in a dazed state, and I figured she wouldn’t remember what had just happened in a little bit.

“Wes?” she asked.
“We can’t do this right now, Lily. You’re not you. Now please, let’s get this mess off of you.” Before we got up, I made a cut in my wrist so I could give Lilith some of my blood. She drank generously; I found myself slightly weak as she removed her lips from the wound. It immediately healed.

I had her pick out clothes from her drawers. She was becoming clearer now.

It was now six in the morning. Today would be a stay at home day.
I held onto Lilith as we walked to her bathroom, just in case. I didn’t want her to fall. She sat on the edge of the bathtub as I started the shower.
She couldn’t go into the shower with her clothes on, so I began to peel off the bloody fabric. Her black button-up shirt came off first; there were signs that something had slashed through the cloth and cut up her arms. The cuts had half-healed. They hadn’t fully healed because she had lost so much blood.
Lilith watched me with cloudy eyes.
Her tight denim jeans were next. There were bloodstains all over them; she looked as if she had been sitting in a pool of the red liquid. I moved the hair out of her face as she continued to stare at me. The dark blood had mixed and dried in with the rich color of her red hair.

I took a deep breath, and stripped off the rest of her clothes until she was completely exposed, and then helped her into the shower. She stumbled a bit at first, but regained her balance and smiled at me. I smiled slightly back, and closed the curtain so water wouldn’t get everywhere.

My eyes closed tightly as I thought about her behind that curtain. I wanted to kiss every part of her, drag my teeth across her skin. But I couldn’t, at least not now.

I turned around to gather up her bloodied clothes. “I’ll be right back Lily,” I said. She answered with an “okay”, so I took the small amount of clothes and went downstairs. Jasper and Kitka sat in the living room; him with Marisol’s head in his lap on the large couch, and her looking worried on the smaller couch. It was silent when I went down there.

“Is she ok?” Kitka asked with a concerned note in her voice. I nodded. They both made a sound of relief. Marisol was still unconscious, but she looked peaceful in Jasper’s arms.

~~
Half an hour later, Lilith and I sat across from each other on her large bed, after I had burned her bloody clothes. She wore a large white t-shirt and black shorts, and I was dressed in simple black pants. I had removed my shirt because the blood Lilith was covered in messed it up. I didn’t grab another one though.
The blinds in Lilith’s room were closed tightly. We stared at each other in the dark. I had been right; she couldn’t remember most of what happened that morning. She certainly didn’t remember our kiss. It was the first kiss I shared with her in over a century.

Lilith had been explaining to me what she did remember.
She was walking down the road, back to our home, when she was attacked. It wasn’t uncommon to stumble across other vampires; it just didn’t happen that often. The assailant had stolen some of her blood; stabbed his sharp teeth into her skin and sucked it out. She didn’t remember much, other than after that, she felt a strong urge to kill.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. I heard her speak softly when she began to play with her hair.
“He gave me some of his blood, Wes,” she murmured.

That confused me. “What?” I asked. “He gave me blood,” she repeated.
“Who did?” She was back to her normal state of mind, so I knew she wasn’t speaking nonsense.

“Torn,” she said with a strange look in her eye.
The mere mention of his name sent me spiraling into a memory long forgotten.

~~

I stared at the mysterious man as his female partner dragged Alina away from me. “What are you doing?” I yelled. Alina and I confronted this man because as soon as he had made residence in Dragomireşti, the townspeople began to disappear.

He smiled; it seemed friendly, but underneath it held a sinister motive. “You said you want to know what happened to your mother?” he asked in a silky voice.
“I..I do,” I said hesitantly. Just then I noticed that Alina and the female had disappeared. My heart began to beat very fast.

“You will, if you come with us,” he replied, smiling again. I swallowed thickly; the man’s white pupils seemed to stare into my mind. I felt myself move forward slowly. He was willing me to him with just the power of his stare.

“W-what are you..?” I asked softly. He smiled a third time, but it was not friendly at all. It was bloodthirsty and frightening. His sharp teeth terrified me.
“You’ll see,” he whispered, and he was upon me.

Alina and I had become the inhuman couple’s source of food for the next ten years. Once a week, they would drink from us; a pint at the most. We also did certain things for them, like lure unsuspecting humans to their home, to be a nice meal. But we did not do all this without something in return.

The pair would give us their own blood. They would cut their wrists open and make us take the blood that rushed from their veins. It was absolutely disgusting at first, but soon we got the taste for the monsters’ blood. Alina and I soon gained strange powers. We could run faster, jump higher, and move quicker than an average human. We became stronger. Our eyes were sharper, and our noses could pick up on scents that they couldn’t before.

They also told us about what they were. The two had come from the continent that would be known as Australia in modern times, and were called
Yara-ma-yha-who. We would soon come to call them vampires.
They told us about the cave paintings the Aborigines used to make of them. They illustrated a larger, fearsome creature with the wings of a bat and teeth as long as an alligator’s, terrorizing tribes of people.

Of course, these drawings were inaccurate. The
Yara-ma-yha-who looked like normal humans, but unlike the people of ancient Australia, their skin was not dark. In fact, it was extremely pale, and no matter how long they stood in the sun, it would not change.
Their eyes were a shocking bright blue, but could change to a creamy white when willed. Their hair was always a dark color, and they often smelled of death and decay. The Aborigines didn’t note these odd strangers though, for they thought the
Yara-ma-yha-who were the monsters in their paintings.

They said they were the only two
Yara-ma-yha-who alive at that day; the first ever created even. They confirmed the missing people from our town had been abducted by them and was given the choice to either become one of them or die violently. The vampires said they had seen vampiric potential in everyone they took.

Unfortunately, they all declined the offer.

I bit my lip and held back tears when I heard that my mother had died cruelly. They informed me when I was seventeen.

Time passed, and we were eventually entrusted with the couple’s names. Before that, we were told to call them “sir” and ”ma’am”. The female went by Jinx, and the man’s name was Torn.
At that time, Alina and I had turned twenty-four. They had decided to make us like them.

Jinx refused to make vampires, so Torn had to turn us both. He took Alina into a small room first; I cringed when I heard her scream once. It reminded me of when Torn and Jinx would kill someone.
Ten minutes later, he came out of the room, shut the door, licked his lips, and smiled at me.

“Your turn.” He sounded sickly sweet. I shivered.
I followed him hesitantly into a different room; the door shut by itself. Torn turned around and grinned wickedly at me.

He grabbed me by the shoulders and thrust his teeth into my neck. I groaned in pain as he drank from my veins. When he was done, Torn dropped my drained body to the floor, and opened the vein in his wrist. He fell to his knees and squeezed the wound so drops of blood would fall onto my lips. I licked it away, and grabbed his wrist as he brought it closer and put my mouth over the cut.
I drank heavily from him, and the next thing I knew, my body was convulsing and I felt like my insides were on fire. I was twitching and shaking on the floor while Torn watched me. My brown eyes turned to blue, and then to white, and my teeth and nails hardened. The bite mark on my neck healed over, and the scars left from him feeding on me disappeared as well.
The dark room we were in suddenly seemed brighter than day. I saw the door, and crawled painfully towards it. Torn stood, watching me. But I collapsed before reaching the knob, falling unconscious.


Torn gave you blood? Torn’s still alive?!” I asked in shock, nearly falling off the bed. She nodded.
Well, that explained the urge to kill. Torn loved killing, just for kicks. But we hadn’t seen or heard from him in over five thousand years.
When he turned us, he taught us a few things, then pitched us into the road, ran off with Jinx, and let us fend for ourselves. Sure, he’s an immortal and it’s entirely possible for him to be alive; we just didn’t think of it. I ran a hand through my messy black hair.
Lilith looked at me and I met her eyes. “This is not good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got it up. Long ass chapter! :D But it explains a lot.

NOTE: I have changed Lilith's picture in the Characters tabs, and two more characters have been added. I have also changed a few minor things in the previous chapters. Not really important stuff though.
This is what I envisioned Wesley and Lilith's voice to sound like.