Creatures Of Forever

Omniscient POV

A visible chill ran through everyone. The curtain covered the front window moved as if there was a breeze in the living room.

Lilith continued to stare at the dark grey curtain. Wesley waved a hand in front of her face, but she didn’t look at him. He put his hand on her shoulder.

“Lily?” he asked. She seemed to be in a trance. “Lily..?” he repeated softly. His chest was tightening up and the air in the living room became colder. Marisol shivered in Jasper’s arms, feeling the temperature drop.

“Wes…?” she asked nervously. “What’s going on..?”

Wesley swallowed thickly. “I think you’re about to meet the man who sunk his teeth into our necks five thousand years ago,” he whispered.

His eyes widened and everyone in the room – including Lilith, who had finally regained her sense – visibly jumped as a polite knock was heard from the front door.
Lilith got up slowly and proceeded to the door, until Wes closed his hand around her wrist. She yanked her arm out of his grip.

“Lemme do this,” she murmured as he tried to grab her again. He hesitated, but finally let her go to the door without a struggle. Lilith touched the doorknob cautiously, then grasped it and pulled it open.

There stood a tall, handsome man. His long dark hair ruffled in the wind. “Torn,” she whispered.

He was clad in a clean white dress shirt, with a black tie wrapped around his neck. A tuxedo jacket covered him in the cool night air; not that he was cold. The black slacks he wore led down to fancy black dress shoes. He stood tall, at least a foot above Lilith.
Her gaze was attracted to his face. His white eyes gleamed with bloodlust, and his lips curled up into a smile. Blood was scattered around his mouth.

“Dear Alina, please do not stare,” Torn said in a silky voice, using Lilith’s ancient name. He licked his lips, catching blood on his tongue and relishing the taste. “I just had a small snack before coming here. May I come in?”

Torn swept into the house before Lilith could say anything, heading straight towards the living room where everyone was seated. He grinned when he saw Wesley.

“How have you been, Nicu?” Torn asked, offering his hand to Wes. Wes scrambled to his feet, and as everyone watched, he grasped Torn’s hand and shook it firmly.

“Fine,” he mumbled, biting at his lip ring nervously. Torn nodded and released his hand. “Good, good,” he said softly, and turned to the three huddled on the large black couch. Lilith hurried over to stand next to Wesley.

“Ah, I see you live with younger ones, am I right?” Torn said to Lilith and Wesley with his back to them, chuckling. “Of course I’m right.”
He pointed to Marisol. “You are quite juvenile,” he said quietly. “What is your name, child?”

Marisol shivered as Torn addressed her. “M-Marisol,” she murmured. His gaze bored into her eyes. “Your first name please, my dear,” he said dryly.

It would seem very suspicious if one person lived for very long, especially hundreds of years; that’s why vampires had to change their names and move around every few years. Wesley and Lilith had gone through thousands of different names. They had lived in many places around the world, as had Kitka and Jasper. Marisol was still quite youthful compared to the four.

“The name you were born with, hun,” Kitka said softly, patting Marisol’s arm. She shook a bit. “Erma,” Marisol muttered. Torn smiled. “Thank you,” he said, and looked at Jasper. Jasper puffed up his chest as he held Marisol. He didn’t like to appear weak.

“And you?” Torn asked.

“Ciro,” Jasper said forcefully. An Italian accent came slightly into his voice. Jasper was very proud of where he was born. “Non essere vana, giovane,” Torn murmured in Italian. ”Don’t be so vain, young one.”
Jasper frowned.

Torn glanced to Kitka. “Ogechi,” she said before he could say anything. “Why do you want to know our names?”

He seemed amused by the question. Wes and Lily stood still behind Torn, uncomfortable to hear what the answer would be.

“I’m documenting them,” Torn said matter-of-factly, tapping his index finger against his temple. “A vampire never forgets anything, you know.”

Lilith couldn’t stay silent. “Why are you here, sălbatic?” she snarled, calling him a savage in her native tongue. “What did you do to me?”

He came closer and touched Lilith’s face gently. “I made you more like me,” he said softly. Wesley felt his hands curl into fists. Lily slapped Torn’s hand away from her.

“I don’t want to be like you,” she hissed. “I’m not like you. You abandoned us. You turned us into monsters.”

Torn grinned. “You never complained before,” he said, showing his sharp teeth. He kept his white pupils focused on Lilith’s, expecting her to shake. But she didn’t.

“Nu voi ezita,” she murmured. “I will not waver.” His blood gave her newfound confidence.

He scoffed.

“You didn’t answer my question,” she said harshly. “Why are you here?” He smiled again, keeping his air of mystery.

“You will learn in time, disciple,” he said slyly. “In the meantime, I will give you a hint. It has to do with… vampires.” He laughed at his words. Wesley rolled his eyes. Torn noticed, and gave Wes the same toothy smirk from five thousand years ago. Wes shuddered slightly.

“I will tear your throat out and drain you dry if you do not obey me when the time comes,” he whispered in Wesley’s ear, disappearing from his spot on the carpet and suddenly appearing right next to him.

His voice echoed in Wesley’s head even after Torn had turned around and left the house completely.

“… if you do not obey me when the time comes.”

What was Torn planning?
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanga!! Haha. This chapter took me a long time.

Now. Onto business. I REALLY need feedback to continue with this story. Only a few people have been reading it and actually giving me comments about it. Thank you very much, Amy and Morgan. <3

Now please. It would be very appreciated. :)