The Past and Present Collide

The prophecy

The beginning of her sixth year would not be as perfect as she thought it would be. She was told something, something that would be changing her life. Surprises that lead to the future, what the future brings is something unknown.

As I stepped on to platform 9 and 3/4, I felt two feelings, stress and happiness. Stress for knowing that homework this year would be hell, and the exams would be even worse, even though I do very well in school. The happiness would be for seeing my friends again, oh how I missed them. I was about to step on the Hogwarts express when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

“Sam there you are, it's so good to see my best friend again it seems like its been to long,” Lily beamed before engulfing me in a hug.

“Lily,” I said hugging back, “it’s only been a week.”

Which was true, I spent the whole summer at her house we were inseparable. Of course within the last week of summer my family asked me home so I could spend the week with them before I left for school. I couldn't blame them it would be the last time I saw them for a long time. At least it would always felt like a long time.

“I know but still you‘re like a sister to me I felt lonely. By the way Sam guess who I'm dating?” She finished giving me a sly smile.

“That guy from Ravenclaw that was eyeing you last year?” I asked nonchalantly.

“God no,” she replied, “Why on earth would I date him?”

“Well he is kind of cute, even if he is kind of pushy,” I started.

“No I am going out with James now.”

We stepped on the train and made our way to the prefects place before I headed to find the boys I looked at her and said “Lily the only thing I'm saying is it's about time.”

“ I know I feel like I’ve left him wait long enough. Maybe I can turn him around. Well I'll talk to you later.”

“Ok see you, by the way say hello to Remus for me.”

“Don’t worry I will, by the way I knew it,” she said smiling at me, “you like him don’t you?”

“No, he’s just one of my best friends,” I replied.

At that moment she placed her hands on her hips and smiled wider.

“I know you do Sam you can’t lie to me, besides you two are perfect together. I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked you out.”

I gazed over her shoulder and through the window and noticed Remus staring at me. I smiled and waved to him, this cause him to blush and send a little wave back. At this I heard Lily sigh, I looked at her shake her head, red locks covering her face.

“Look Lily we’re about to leave I’ll see you later?” I asked.

“Of course.”

It took me five minutes to find the cart James and Sirius were sitting in. I couldn’t help but smile at the two sleeping marauders in the room. I slowly opened the door and walked in closing the door slowly behind me. I sat by the window, glad I had changed before I came to find these two, fell asleep. I awoke to Sirius jabbing me in the side.

“Wolf, get up, get up,” he barked.

“Ok padfoot I’m awake can you stop poking me now.”

“You know how he is when he gets to Hogwarts,” laughed James.

I was still a bit drowsy as I walked off the train and managed to lose both James and Sirius . Walking around I managed to bump into someone, someone who I didn’t want to see at the moment.

“And who do we have hear,” Lucius Malfoy spoke, smiling as he took my hand and kissed it, “it’s been awhile Sam.”

“Lucius,” I said taking my hand back and looking at them, “Severus.”

Severus then took my hand and kissed it as well, as much to my distaste. Even though I couldn’t help it, I knew these two my entire life. Severus then let go of my hand quickly, his eyes widened, I turned around and saw Remus, James and Lily with their wands drawn, Lily protesting as usual. This caused Lucius to sneer and both to walk off.

“Seriously guys, they didn’t do anything, as you see I’m still in one piece.”

“For now,” Remus said coming over to me and putting and arm around me, my heart started racing. “Can I talk and walk with you on the way to the cart?”

“Of course Moony anything,” the both of us smiled simultaneously.

“So Lily gave me a talk and I was wondering if you would go out with me?”

I smiled, “of course I would, boyfriend.”

He kissed my cheek and let me in the cart first, at that moment Severus showed up.

“Look at the two love wolves,” he said angrily.

“Would you stop it, honestly,” I replied.

Dinner was the same long and boring with the sorting and such. Except for the speech when Dumbledore said one of us will be meeting with the future and could change our lives forever. Or something, and he said that she, yes she would go no matter what, and no one should stop her. He looked at us the most for this. That was the moment I started feeling a little worried.