The Past and Present Collide

Dreams of War

The next few months went by fast and summer was fast approaching, along with the trios and the rest of the seventh year’s graduation. The bond between Remus and I had gotten stronger and we couldn’t have been happier. Severus, who was a little angry at first, ended up being happy for the two of us. The weirdest things were happening to Harry and I it was almost unexplainable. Harry’s scar was hurting occasionally, it was giving him nightmares now and then too, and they were very close to my own. My own dreams involved serpents, unicorns, centaurs, griffons and other, mythical creatures fighting by my side. All of the dreams were involved in front of a cloaked figure whose face I could never see.

“As much as I regret saying this dear, maybe you should see Trelawny, or better yet Dumbledore about what you’re having. Especially if Harry’s are quite similar,” a concerned Remus spoke.

So there I was on my way to Trelawny’s classroom, it was still the same as I remembered, tons of crystal balls, and lots of smoke.

“Well my dear you better pay attention to the grave warnings, I sense terrible, terrible things coming our way in the future. Maybe you should chart the stars to find when the battle shall happen.”

I tried to make of it what I could, then I remembered something, Harry’s scar was put there by a man I once thought to be dead, Voldemort. I hoped the dreams weren't connected with him, so I decided to put them off and focused on helping Remus put together the OWLS and NEWT exams, also Hogsmead trips came more often, pretty much every weekend now. I had told Hermione, Harry and Ron, along with his sister and twin brothers about what had happened at Trelwany’s classroom and said if she was correct and so was Harry’s nightmares that they’d all be on our side and help fight.

Remus and I were having more fun than ever when the moon was full, I also had helped him control his powers and now he was like me, even though he still transformed during the full moon. I was glad to be around him, and around the others as well, it made me happier than I could ever be. Lucius was a sane man again, he didn’t treat me like he did before, he treated me more nicely and less perverse, Draco did as well. Draco was slowly leaving the Death Eater’s and hoped they, or Voldy wouldn’t come after him. I told Draco not to worry with me around; I’d try to keep him and everyone else safe. Other students looked at Draco oddly seeing him getting along so civil with someone not associated with his house.

Snape lightened up more, which had scared some younger students who were used to him yelling and dark. Well he was still the man, who wore dark clothes, except now he brooded less. The weather was starting to warm up, and some days it would be really hot. Tonight was no exception and I woke up through the middle of the night in a sweat. Thank God it was Friday night; I decided I'd go for a stroll outside, thankfully Remus didn’t see me sneak out he’d be terribly worried.

I found my marauder’s map and seen that Filch was around this corridor so I decided to fly out the window as an owl. As an owl I flew with grace around the lake and then a little over the forest. I flew a little low and landed a few feet in the forest. From there I then transformed into a cat and walked around a little. I heard a noise and seen a snake race towards me, I jumped to the side and it disappeared. A little shook, I transformed into a crow and flew back to the castle. I fell asleep and decided I would tell Hermione and Remus about it in the morning.

When morning came I was first to arise, so I took a long hot shower. I finished and got dressed, and then I stood by the window to breathe in the cool morning air, realizing it would be hot in a few hours. I looked at the ground and thought I seen the dark mark burned into the grass. I gasped woke Remus up quickly and we quickly went to the great hall. These things didn't happen to just Harry and I. it happened to the people whom I made friends with over the year and to the people I loved. Ginny happened to find a dead rodent in her bed. Dumbledore kept the rest of the students and staff calm. There were many meetings to discuss what would happen when the time to fight the death eaters and Voldemort would arrive.

The day was hot like I thought it would be, and neither human nor beast could move. I decided to lighten things up by cooling the temperature a few degrees. Harry, Ron and Hermione who were sitting with me by the lake dipping our toes in thanked me, next week they would be doing their final exams

“Come on Sam,” whined Ron, “you’re on the inside, what is Professor Lupin putting in the NEWTS?”

“I promised not to tell, and I made sure that wards were put up in the potions storage so no one but Snape could access it. Not even a polyjuice potion could get passed them,” I replied.

He let out a sigh, “fine then.”

“I didn’t say I wouldn’t help you three study for them,” I said smiling broadly.

By the end of the next week I was tired and thankful that it was over, and so was the school year. I had some free time so I helped Remus and Snape pack to go home for the holiday’s, which were going to be long since they were both going to be working at different places the next year. The only thing that made the week not cool was that the warnings were even worse even the dreams were. Harry was getting more pains in his scar, and Dumbledore was telling us not to worry and he would smile at us.