The Past and Present Collide

The End

“Sam can you come over by the fireplace with me for a moment?” Remus shyly asked.

“Of course,” I said cautiously sitting beside him, “what’s wrong?”

“I was, uh, wondering something,” he said letting out a long sigh, “since we’re going to be living together and all I was wondering will you marry me?”

He then brought out a small, simple ring, I smiled and shook my head yes. After he slipped the ring on my finger I pulled him into a big bear hug. I couldn’t wait to spend the rest of my life with the man I loved so dearly. Tomorrow’s the day that we’re leaving school; I must have spent the last couple of days saying goodbye to the new friends that I made. Draco said that his father had gotten his house back, I was happy. The Potter’s had a house magically (of course) placed next to Sirius's place. Hermione and I decided to hang out around the grounds to take in the Hogwarts scenery for probably the last time.

“Promise me something Sam,” she said as we stopped near the edge of the forest and sat down on a few rocks.

“Yes Hermione.”

“You better write to me and visit me as well.”

“As long as you do the same for me,” I said.

“Of course,” Hermione replied with a smile.

We stared towards the castle for a few moments, when we had seen Harry, Ron, Snape, Lupin, Dumbledore and the rest of the little group including members of the order of the phoenix came running towards us. I felt a change and new Voldemort was near. Before I heard a curse thrown towards us I pulled Hermione down behind the rocks. She gave a look of thanks and a sigh of relief. I new it was Wormtail and he was running off so I transformed and sniffed the air. Remus, Minerva and Sirius joined in suite, while the others followed in their human forms. I could smell that rat a mile away. Something didn't seem right; I stopped abruptly causing Sirius the dog to knock me down.

‘Sorry there wolf,’ I heard Sirius mutter.

‘Don’t worry about it,’ I replied.

I sniffed the air then growled, the others caught up, at that moment everyone transformed back to human. We then heard an evil laugh and Voldemort stepped into the dimly lit area.

“So little Sam it’s so nice meting up with you again, how’s it going?”

Harry looked at me confused; I glared at the man, thing in front of me. This caused James, Lily, Remus and Sirius had gotten closer to me.

“I don’t know ask me when you’re dead then it will be going good.”

I let Harry know by mind, that I once met him at a Malfoy party and immediately left when Lucius tried to make me get recruited. Death Eater’s walked a little bit behind him, I could tell some were scared; I let out a small laugh. The dark lord must have told them about me, or some knew about my power before hand.

“I know you’re not scared of them, you could take them down in one swipe, I see you’ve never been scared of anything. Why is that?” Voldemort asked.

“Because,” I replied, “when you’ve got friends, and loved ones to back you up, you have all of the courage in the world.”

He noticed a few of his minions in my crowd; he motioned for them to attack. I looked at Harry to go forward. I summoned up some clouds and started making lightning bolts hit some of the Death Eater’s. I noticed he had some trolls too, what I also noticed was that my dream was coming true. The creatures of the forest then came to my aid, at that moment I heard some Aveda Kedevra being thrown out before hand by the Death Eater’s so I put up a shield causing them to bounce back in the faces of evil.

I noticed Harry starting to struggle so I began shouting over to him, “remember Harry, the one thing he can’t understand is love that’s why so many of his ‘friends’ aren’t with him anymore.”

I sent a surge through the ground killing the remaining Death Eater’s. My friends and I walked over to Harry. I grabbed his hand, and so that started a circle around him. Then with all of our power combined we destroyed the once thought powerful wizard. When we got back to the castle, there was a commotion and the minister for magic had arrived with a smile on his face. Finally the wizarding world would go back to normal; it would be a happy place. Now no one would have to worry about his or her day’s numbering under Voldemort’s watchful eyes.

Eleven years had passed, and as I expected Hermione and Ron married as did Harry and Ginny. This year Remus and I would be sending our young Isabella to Hogwarts. I was a little upset that she’s be gone so long, though that was just the mother in me. I knew in eleven years time the others would be standing here at the platform waving their children behind. The Weasley children were parents now and I could see how happy James and Lily and Arthur and Molly were to have grandchildren in their lives.