The Past and Present Collide

What's going to happen between us?

The first month of school went by and soon enough it was the last dance before Christmas break, of course this dance was only for fourth year and up. The guys and I were perfecting our looks, Lily of course threatened to put a binding curse on me if I wouldn‘t allow her to do my make up.

“Sam!” Remus called from the bottom of the stairs, “are you guys ready yet?”

“We’re ready,” I said coming down the stairs, Lily walking one step behind me.

“You look beautiful,” he exclaimed giving me a small smile and a hug.

We then started down to the great hall, people staring at our costumes in awe, the group and I smirked. Once at the great hall doors Dumbledore stopped the four of us, Lily had gone ahead of us due to her excitement. He smiled and looked down through his half-moon spectacles before saying, “now I hope we won't have any pranks pulled by the four of you.”

“Of course not sir,” Sirius said smiling broadly.

“We’ll try our best,” James added.

“Well you know we will,” Remus spoke pointing to two of us. Dumbledore nodded, smiled then let us through. James ran over to Lily and embraced her practically knocking her down, Sirius went and chatted up with some girl as usual, then they left together. Remus and I managed to get ourselves a table and some punch.

“Very nice night isn't it?” Remus asked staring up at the enchanted ceiling.

“Very swell,” I replied while putting on a fake British accent.

He laughed, “well it has improved a little bit.”

“Good, I wonder, what will happen to us?"

“What do you mean?” He responded.

“I mean when we get out of Hogwarts, just you and me you know.”

Remus came closer, “well I see us married and in a dainty little house near the country, living next to Lily and James and hopefully Sirius. Well that‘s if you wanted to be with someone like me with the condition I have.”

I grabbed his hand and smiled, “oh Remus it doesn’t matter what you are and what people think about us, I’ll always love you.”

“I've waited four years for you to say that, I love you too Sam.”

Then the band started playing a slow song, he stood up and held out his hand. I took it and got up, we danced the night away. It was an amazing nigh, there were only a few songs left when the marauders, along with Lily, and I went outside. We were being followed by Severus and Lucius, I knew this because I seen them casually behind us. We then found a nice spot by the lake to sit and relax, it was a really beautiful night. I looked at the sky to see a full moon, confused I then looked at Remus who was just as confused as I was. Not only was it full but it was red as will which was really creepy.

“Wait! What? Shouldn't Remus be all tall, dark, and hairy on us now?” Lily questioned, very worried about the current situation.

“What is going on?” Sirius added, he knew as well as I that the full moon wasn’t due for another couple of weeks.

“I have no idea,” Remus shrugged passively.

I almost stood up and stepped back almost falling in the lake before James grabbed my arm pulling me to my balance.

“Sam?” James asked, “you look like you’re disappearing.”

I looked down, “holy crap I am, what’s going on?”

That’s when I began to feel something strange happen to me and it all happened at once, I noticed Lucius, Severus, Remus and the rest of the marauders lunge at me to either rescue me or come with me I wasn’t sure. I noticed I started glowing and heard a distinct pop in my ears, I closed my eyes. When I fell on something I knew was a chair I was afraid to open my eyes. It was then I hear an all too familiar voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Of course I just had to add a cliffhanger :)