The Past and Present Collide

Alive again

At the mention of being able to contact the dead I decided to explain.

“You see there’s a slight history in my family of being a medium. Though in a way I’m kind of a necromancer,” I laughed.
“Yeah we should do that, I’d like to get some advice from my parents,” Harry excitedly said.
“Are you sure Sam?” Dumbledore asked, I nodded my head yes, “ you know the risks then, why don’t we move the furniture to the other side of the room and get started.”

With a clap of his hands a space was emptied, he then walked over to where the couch now sat and plopped down. I then motioned for the others to sit down and told them to hold hands so we could make the pact stronger. I closed my eyes and thought of Lily and James first this caused Harry to gasp, I felt a little faint. I opened my eyes slowly to see the forms of two of my deceased friends, I smiled, it had worked.

“Lily and James its so nice to see you again,” I cried out weakly.

They sat down inside of the circle, Remus noticed me weaken slightly and squeezed my hand tighter to give me reassurance.

“Sam is that really you? You don’t realize how worried I was on the day you disappeared on us. I cried for days,” spoke Lily, they were older but still the way I remembered them.

“Harry,” James spoke, “my haven’t you grown, you have your mothers eyes, and Remus old buddy how are you?"

“Better now that everything seems to be in place.”

“How do you think I feel you’re dead,” I chimed in.

“Yeah sadly, but in all fairness we miss you to,” Lily responded.

“Sam you can call the dead, and bring back the dead. Remember you brought back all those owls after that Slytherin blasted them all to bits,” James added.

“Yeah but those were animals, I don't know about humans, it’s highly risky, for both parties,” I frowned, biting my lip.

“I don't care what happens to me Sam, we’ll go back to watching Harry grow into the fine young man he is becoming, you can do it, I know you can,” Lily reassured me.

Harry put his hand on my shoulder, “please do it for me.”

“I’ll try.”

“Don't worry, you'll do fine,” Remus said, “if anything bad happens we’ll pull you out of the trance.”

I did what I could, I focused energy to bring them back, then I blasted a beam to them and it was done.

“Holy, it worked, it worked,” I was so happy, I ran over and hugged them both, Remus and Harry followed after me, Harry then looked back at me.

“What about Sirius?”

I got back in position and searched for Sirius, thing is I couldn't find his spirit. I contacted spirits in both Heaven and Hell even ones on earth and they said he wasn't dead and he was still around, I smiled, “he’s not dead.”

The next thing I remember was Remus calling my name and it all going black. I woke up into a sterile smelling room. I opened my eyes to see I was in a room at St. Mungo’s , Remus was half asleep on the chair next to my bed. Seeing me awake caused him to bolt up and smile.

“How long have I been out?” I asked.

“Just the afternoon, that took a lot of energy out of you.”

“It’s so nice to have them back, I’m glad they got married. Maybe someday we’ll be inviting them to ours,” I half joked, though a part of me hoped we would still be together.

“About that,” he sighed rubbing the back of his neck, “I’m technically to old for you now.”

“Remus John Lupin don’t you play the age card on me, I love you, you love me that’s all that matters,” I said tearfully.

“What will other people think?” He asked.

At that moment a nurse came in and checked me over, after a few minutes she dismissed me. The trip back to Grimmuald place was a quiet one. As soon as I entered I ran past everyone and up to my room and cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler, I may make the war around this story...I forgot I wrote this when it was only the 5th book out and we didn't see all that jazz happening.