The Past and Present Collide

Old enemies, new friends

My birthday was quite the fun day, I had gotten so many presents I didn't know what to do with them. Now today being the day after, we're having our first meeting. I am sitting here between Fred and George, we were swapping jokes but then we soon ran out.

Molly looked at me and smiled, “you know you’re the first person to tell them two apart immediately, I still sometimes get confused.”

“It’s a gift I swear,” I replied, I then looked outside to the raging storm and frowned, “I hope they get here soon.”

George looked at me with a sombre look, “They’ll get here, they’re coming with Dumbledore you know with him they’ll get here alright.”

I nodded, thank God for friends to give you some moral support, I then rested my head on Fred's shoulder, yawned and looked at the clock.

“They won’t get here any faster love, no matter how many times you look at the clock,” Fred sighed, playing with my hair absent minded.

“I know,” I stifled a yawn once more, “I’m just tired, that’s all.”

George patted my shoulder, “Sam it’s ok, if you fall asleep I’ll poke you until you wake up.”

James walked in as George said this, “reminds me of the old days when we’d get detention and Sam was so bored she’d be half asleep, and then Sirius and I would poke her.”

“Yeah if you do it now, I know things a one Mrs. Lily Potter doesn’t,” I responded a smirk appearing across my face.

Lily then walked in with a questioning look, James in response glared at me. The smile on my lips just got broader as I looked away innocently.

“It’s nothing Lily, I swear,” James spoke trying to cover his tracks.

“You two haven’t changed a bit in your old ways,” she laughed.

“Well,” I said, “I did just come from back then so I didn’t have time to change.”

Harry walked in and sat on the big, regal chair beside the couch.

“Well at least I know I won’t be the one getting in loads of trouble this year,” he spoke.

“Yeah but half the time it was Remus and I picking on your father and Sirius, well, after they bugged Snape and Lucius,” I added.

Harry looked surprised, “You knew Malfoy’s dad?”

“He has a son, oh great, that’s all you need is two of them,” at this James laughed, “yeah I did he used to, well you’ll find out whenever the others get here.”

Just then Snape, Dumbledore, and McGonagall had arrived, a little wet but nothing more.

“Well then,” Dumbledore spoke, “lets go to the kitchen and discuss matters.”

So we headed towards the kitchen, and Molly started to make some tea. Once settled in Dumbledore spoke, “would you like to tell the others your plan Sam or should I?”

“I’d like to sir,” I replied.

He nodded his head, and motioned for me to speak, I took a deep breath and started.

“Well as Severus, Lily, James and Remus already know Lucius was a friend of mine, weird but true. You see our families were close, and since I didn’t care who you were or what you were I was placed in Gryffindor. He had a crush on me and if Severus is right he still does. This is where I come in, I could probably get him on our side, he would probably do anything to get out of Azkaban and you-know-who doesn’t want him back, he’d rather have him for dead. So we’d have secrets, secrets that could bring the dark lord down.”

Almost everyone’s face had a slight look of shock, Harry was the first to speak up.

“Are you sure it would work? I mean what if Voldemort realizes he’s out and wants him back?”

“I can work my charm, come on it worked before, just ask Remus and Severus. That and we could have a watch or something placed onto him to make sure he won’t go back or he won’t be found.”

He looked over at the two professors, they smiled and nodded.

“Sam I know it's soon but tomorrow was the only date I could get you into Azkaban, you know what’s in there right?”

“Of course, Dumbledore you know of my abilities to shut off my emotions, the dementors won’t even know I’m there.”

It was settled, we then headed for bed.

I awoke early the next day, I was wearing a black robe similar to the death eaters; I approached Azkaban, which was gloomy, dark and stormy. I walked up to the guard and stated my name and business, and to keep it low key I kept my hood up. Inside it smelled of death and decay, I wondered how they could live in this hell. I remembered Remus said Sirius was wrongfully accused and placed in here, then escaped after 12 years.

The other prisoners were thinking I was there for them, yeah right, I had one thing on my mind and one thing only and that was Lucius. Finally on approaching his cell I noticed how his once blond hair was caked with mud and he was too skinny. I felt terrible, he stood up and walked over to the bars cautiously.

“Who are you?” He asked

I put my hood down, he stood there in shock, like he just seen a ghost. He stumbled back a few inches, I smiled.

“Hello Lucius, and yes it's really me,” I whispered.

He ran back over to me, I hugged him through the bars, I looked into those icy blue eyes and I seen the happiness and life come back into them.

“Long time since you’ve seen me I know, there’s no time to explain now we have to go,” I told him.

Then I explained to him what I was going to do and how I got to let him get released under my watchful eye. And just like I thought he would do anything to get out of there, even if it did mean to work with his once sworn enemies. He said he’d do it for me, a part of me knew he’d stay good. Once outside he asked me how I got there, I took him where there were no guards and transformed into a hippogriff, he climbed aboard and we were off.