Status: Active.(: and thank you to my friend, trishapocalypse, for getting me into The Maine! i love you! <3

I'm Amazed That I Got This Far

Number Twenty-Five.

The next morning, my eyes fluttered open to the sound of something dropping on the tile floor. I looked next to me, to see John still sleeping, his pillow over his face and the covers off half of his body. I slow slid out of bed, careful not to wake him, before grabbing one of his hoodies from the floor. I put it on as I walked out of our bedroom and into the kitchen, to see Eric in the kitchen, making himself some breakfast.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, as he looked up at me.

"Yeah. But it's okay." I shrugged.

"Sorry." He apologized. "I dropped a bowl..."

"It's fine." I smiled. "What time is it?"

"It's 6:30." He said. "I'm just getting ready to go to class."

"Well, want some company while you eat?" I asked, as I sat down at the table.

"Sure, thanks." He smiled. "Do you want some cereal?"

"I'm okay. John will probably want to go out for breakfast or something." I shrugged. "Too bad you have class; you could've come with us."

"Nah, it's okay." Eric said, as he came over to the table and sat down. "You two need some boyfriend-girlfriend time."

"He probably loves you more than me, so it really doesn't matter." I smirked.

He laughed. "He doesn't. Trust me."

"Never know." I sighed. "What time do you get out of class again?"

"Three." He replied, before taking a bite of his cereal. "What are you two going to do today?"

"I don't know." I said. "Do you need anything done around here?"

Eric looked around the apartment before shrugging. "Nah, I don't think so. Everything's good here."

"Why are you guys up so early?!" John groaned, as he came out of the bedroom. "It's, like, three in the morning!"

"It's 6:35." Eric chuckled, as he looked at the clock on the wall. "You were close, though."

"Why, though? I mean...normal people sleep until noon." He commented, as he sat down next to me.

"I have to go to class." He sighed. "Or else I would sleep until noon."

"And what are you doing up, Miss?" John asked, as he looked over at me. "No wonder I was cold; you left me!"

"It's called wear a shirt when you sleep, maybe?" I smiled. "And don't kick your covers off?"

"I get hot during the night." He mumbled, before looking at Eric. "So, you're going to class?"

"Yeah. At 7:00." Eric nodded.

"When do you eat your lunch? We can come keep you company?" I suggested.

"I have break at noon until 1:30, then I go to my next class. So, company would be lovely." He grinned.

"We'll be there, then." I said.

"Thanks." He said, as he stood up from the table. "I gotta brush my teeth, now. Then I'm out the door."

John and I nodded as Eric put his empty bowl in the sink, and walked down the hallway, to go into the bathroom. I put my head on my hand and looked over at John, to see him sitting up with his eyes closed, and his arms crossed over his chest.

"Tired?" I asked, as I got up from the chair and walked over to the couch in the other room.

"Very." John muttered, as he followed behind me and plopped down next to me. "What are we doing today?"

"Whatever you want to do?" I shrugged.

"Sleep. Lots." He said, leaning against me.

"You didn't even do anything yesterday, besides go to band practice." I stated. "Why are you so tired?"

"I don't know." He said. "I just am. What's for breakfast?"

"Do you want to go out for breakfast, once Eric leaves?" I questioned, as I looked at him.

He smiled and nodded. "Yes! But, can we upgrade from McDonald's?"

"I suppose." I sighed. "Where do you want to go?"

"In-N-Out Burger!" He said happily.

"I'm not going there for breakfast." I smiled.

"Fine." He said, heaving a dramatic sigh. "How about...Big Boy?"

"That's fine." I nodded.

"Yes!" He said.

"Well, I'm out." Eric said, as he came down the hallway.

"Have fun!" I waved.

"Thanks." He chuckled, before pulling on his hoodie. "I'll see you guys at lunch, then?"

"Yep." John nodded. "Do you want us to bring you anything?"

"Nah. There's food and whatnot there." He said. "Thanks, though."

"No problem." He said, as Eric grabbed his keys and opened the apartment door. "Bye, guys."

"Bye." John and I waved, before Eric walked out the door and shut it behind him.

"So, when are we going to eat breakfast?" John asked, as he looked at me. "Because I'm hungry."

"We can go whenever we're ready." I shrugged.

"Well, let's go now." He smiled, as he stood up. "After we get dressed and brush our teeth."

"I need to shower!" I said, as I stood up from the couch.

"Psh, no you don't." He said, as he flung his hand at me. "Let's go eat! Who cares if you haven't showered; I'm greasy but I don't care!"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, before walking into mine and John's room. I started to pull out some clothes from the closet, as John came into the bedroom and picked up some of his clothes from the floor. He quickly pulled on his pants and shirt (which were probably dirty), before combing his fingers through his hair. I grabbed my clothes and left the bedroom, before going into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and frowned as I put up my hair. I quickly changed my clothes and brushed my teeth, before walking out of the bathroom.

"I'm ready." I said, as I set my dirty clothes on the bed.

"I just have to brush my teeth!" John said, before racing into the bathroom, so he could finish getting ready.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the hallway, towards the kitchen. I grabbed John's car keys and slipped on my shoes, before slipping on a jacket. I stood by the door and waited until John came down the hallway, and took his keys from me. He slipped on a pair of his shoes and opened the door, before we walked out. After he locked the door behind us, he grabbed my hand and we started down the stairs.

"It sucks that all of our friends are now in school." John said with a frown, as he started his car.

"I know." I nodded. "But that's not their fault."

"I know." He pouted. "But still."

I smiled and rolled my eyes, before looking out the window, as John drove towards the closest Big Boy. Once we got there, we got out of his car and walked inside, to see that the restaurant was almost empty, except for a few old couples sitting in booths. John and I walked over to a booth by the window, and sat down across from each other. A girl with black hair and an apron around her waist came over to us, before setting two menus down.

"Hi, I'm Alex and I'll be waiting on you two this morning." She smiled, as she looked at us. "Can I start you two off with something to drink?"

"Just water." I said, as I looked at her with a smile.

She nodded and smiled back, before looking at John. "And for you?"

"Same." John said, as he flipped open his menu.

"I'll have those right out for you two." She said, before turning around and walking away from our table.

"So, what do you think or Eric?" John asked, as he looked up at me, from where he was looking down at his menu.

"He's really cool. I like him." I nodded.

"Better than me?" He asked with a frown.

"Yes." I smiled. "I like him so much better than you."

"That's why you were watching him eat today; you're in love with him." He scoffed. "Creeper."

"Right, right." I chuckled. "That's exactly why. What do you think of him?"

"He's really chill. He's awesome. I'm glad we all get along really well." John smiled. "It feels like I've known him forever, but I just met him. Ya know?"

"Probably because we knew him for two hours and moved in with him?" I said slowly.

"Maybe." He said with a nod, as our waitress came back over to us.

After she set our drinks down in front of us, we ordered what we wanted to eat, and she walked away again. Once our food was ready, she brought it over to us, and John and I started eating, while talking about everything and anything. When we were finished eating, John paid and left the tip, before we walked out of the restaurant and back out to his car.

"Thank you, John." I smiled, as I put my seatbelt on.

"You're welcome." John grinned, before looking over at me. "Ya know what?"

"What?" I asked.

"We need to have another date night. We're always around other people. We need to be alone!"

"We were just alone." I said. "And you played with your straw wrapped over half the time we were in there."

"Are you saying I wasn't paying attention to you?" He questioned.

"I don't know. Were you?" I smiled.

"Why, Kalen." He gasped, as he put his hand to his chest. "Why would you think that? I was just trying to see how many knots I could tie in the straw wrapper!"

"Okay, John." I chuckled.

"We can go on a double date." He grinned.

"With Eric!" I said happily.

"Eric...doesn't have a girlfriend?" John said like I was stupid.

"We get him a date." I shrugged.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" He sighed.

"Our waitress was cute." I stated.

"I'm not turning around and driving back there to ask her to go on a date with Eric. That's creepy." He smiled. "We could ask Eric if there's anyone that he has his eye on?"

"He says he doesn't have time...which is a lie." I said. "He has so much time. Do you know how many girls come into the record store?"

"You've only been there for one day, Kay." John chuckled.

"But a lot came in." I said. "There has to be someone he wants to go on a date with."

"We can ask him when we go see him at lunch?" He shrugged.

"Okay." I nodded, before looking out the window the rest of the way home.

***

"I'm not going on a date with you and John." Eric chuckled, as he looked at me and John.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"Because I have homework to do and I don't have a girlfriend." He replied.

"It's not going to be tonight!" I stated. "And we can get you a girl. You need a girlfriend."

"You barely know me!" He laughed.

"She probably knows more about you than anyone." John commented. "She's just...creepy like that."

"That is a little creepy..." Eric said, as he looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Is this true?"

"I don't know. But you need a girl." I smiled. "Please."

"I'm not going to ask a random girl out!" He sighed. "I have other things to do."

"Like what?" I said, as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Hang out with my friends...who all have girlfriends." He said, mumbling the last part. "But still."

"Exactly! You're the only one who doesn't have a girlfriend." I smiled.

"I don't mind it!" Eric shrugged. "I'm used to it!"

"I don't care if you don't mind it!" I said through gritted teeth. "I'm getting you a date."

"Hey, hey you!" John shouted at some girl, as she was walking past our table. "Do you want to go on a date with this guy?!"

The girl looked back at us and rolled her eyes, before she turned back around and continued walking. John made a face behind her back and rolled his eyes, before looking at Eric and shrugging.

"John...you don't do it like that." I said, as I looked over at him. "That's creepy."

"And that girl is in one of my classes." Eric said flatly. "Thanks, John."

"You're welcome." John chuckled, as he leaned back in his chair.

"So, how are you going to do this in a non-creepy way?" Eric sighed, as he looked over at me.

"I'll just ask her!" I said.

"Why do you feel the need to do this? I mean, I'm fine being single." He shrugged.

"Because you haven't gotten laid." John said. "It's obvious, bro."

Eric laughed and rolled his eyes. "And you have?!"

"That's not the point!" He smiled. "The point is that we don't want you to be sitting home all alone when we're out and about. We feel bad."

"It's fine, guys. Really." He assured us.

I rolled my eyes and put my head on my hand, as I glared at Eric. He looked at me and smiled, before looking away. The three of us sat there in silence, until I saw Eric looking at something over my shoulder. I turned around and saw some girls walking towards us, before looking back at Eric.

"Who are you looking at?" I asked.

"I'm not looking at anyone." Eric stated. "I'm just looking at...things."

"Yeah, right. There's like six girls back there." I said. "Who are you looking at?!"

"No one!" He smiled.

"Is it that one with the funky hair?" John asked, as he pointed at a girl with a mohawk.

"Oh, no." Eric laughed.

"So, you are looking at someone!" I said, as I looked at Eric. "And, John, don't point."

"Sorry." John mumbled.

"It's no one." Eric said, before looking down at his cell phone. "Oh, what do you know; time for me to get to class!"

"Eric Halvorsen!" I exclaimed. "That's not funny!"

"Sorry!" He chuckled, as he grabbed his books. "I gotta go! Bye, guys! Thanks for keeping me company!"

"Bye." I said flatly, as John waved.

Eric looked at me and sent me a cheesy smile, before walking off towards his next class. I slumped back in the chair and folded my arms over my chest, as John looked over at me.

"He did that on purpose." He said.

"I know." I said.

I turned around in the chair I was sitting in, and looked around at all of the people that were on campus. There were groups of girls sitting together at tables, but none of them seemed to be Eric's "type". I know I didn't know Eric for very long, but I lived with him. And you don't really know someone until you live with them. I knew what Eric liked and disliked and we talked about a lot of things at work yesterday, so I knew enough about him to get him a girlfriend or at least a date.

"Kay." John said, as he tapped my arm.

"What?" I replied, as I turned around and looked at him.

"Wasn't that our waitress at Big Boy today? Over at the table by herself?" He wondered, as he nodded towards one of the tables.

I looked over to see our waitress from Big Boy sitting by herself. She had her hair pulled back and she was reading something in one of her books and writing something down in a spiral notebook. I looked at John and smiled, before nodding.

"What's that smile and nod for?" John asked slowly.

"I'm so going to ask her to be Eric's blind date." I said, as I stood up.

"What if he gets mad at you, Kay? I mean, he did say he doesn't want a girlfriend or anything right now." He said, as he grabbed my hand to stop me.

"I'm sure he'll get over it. He's just scared to meet girls." I stated.

"What if he really doesn't want one, though?" He sighed. "He can kick you out, ya know."

"He's not going to kick me out over something as stupid as a blind date." I said. "I know he won't."

"Well, if he gets mad, I tried to stop you." He said, as he put his hands up in defense. "Don't think about bringing me into this."

"Okay." I shrugged, before walking away from our table and going over to the girl that was our waitress earlier.

I sat down at the table across from her and she didn't seem to notice me, until a few seconds later. She looked up from her book and gave me a confused look.

"Hi...I'm Kalen." I said politely.

"Alex..." She said slowly, as she shut her book. "Do I know you?"

"You were my waitress today at Big Boy." I told her.

"Oh, yeah! And the guy with the mullet?" She asked, as she looked over at John.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Did you see the guy we were just talking to not too long ago?"

"No." She said, as she cocked her head slightly to the side. "Why?"

"Would you want to go on a double date with him, me, and my boyfriend?" I asked. "I know that's a little awkward, but yeah..."

"That's really random, I'm not gonna lie." She chuckled, before setting her pencil down. "So, I don't know..."

"Please. He's really sweet." I said. "He doesn't think he needs a girlfriend, but I think he does. His name is Eric and he's cute, nice, and funny. He has a job and he's really smart."

"You're really determined, aren't you?" Alex laughed.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Is this some kind of joke?" She smiled.

"No." I chuckled. "I swear. I think you two will hit it off...even though I don't know you."

"Well...I mean..." Alex trailed off. "I really don't know..."

"How about you give me your number and I'll text you the deets about the double date?" I said with a smile.

Alex gave me a look and I could tell she was thinking about it, before she sighed with a smile. "Sure."

"Okay." I chuckled.

She ripped out a piece of paper from her notebook, before scribbling her number down on it and handing it to me. I looked at the paper and it had Alex - 555-2493. written on it. I smiled and thanked her, before sliding the piece of paper into my pocket, and going back over to John. I sat down next to him and smiled to myself.

"Did you get Eric a date?" John asked.

I nodded. "Oh, yeah."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alex

thank you to everyone who has commented and subscribed! i love you all! <3

and also, thank you to everyone who messaged me about being one of the girlfriends of one of the ARTTM guys. make you sure y'all keep a look out in case i need more characters soon. :)

thank you! <3

PS: i think you guys should go check out Audrey170's profile. she has some good stuff up there. :)