I Never Thought There'd Be You

5

I climbed into the passenger's seat as he held the door open for me.

Oh, Joshie, quite the gentleman.

"Soo...Can I ask where we're going?" I asked, wondering.

"Uh... I don't now really, I was going to ask you.." He replied, turning the keys.

"Oh.." I said, looking at his keys and hearing the car engine rumble.

"Well... there's that new place downtown... I'm not sure of the name but I heard the food was good. Wanna go there?" He asked, looking at me. I shifted my gaze from his keys to his eyes.

"Yeah, I'd love to!" I smiled. He smiled back at me.

"Then let's get on our way, then." He pulled out the driveway and started down the street.

It took a while to get downtown; Josh and I talked and listened to the radio. Once we did get there, he parked and we walked in. He held the door opened for me. I walked in and he closed in behind me. I shoved my hands in my pockets as we waited to get a table.

"Hi!" I waitress said to us. "Table for two?" She asked. Josh nodded.

"Mmhm."

"Follow me!" She said happily, leading us to a table.

They're happy. Lucky them...

"You okay, Amy?" Josh asked, re-directing my attention to him.

"Yeah, fine." I lied.

"What can I get you for drinks?" The waitress's bubbly voice annoyed me.

Stop being so happy like nothing's wrong...

"I'll have a coke..." Josh said, looking up at her.

"Water..." I said, my voice trailing off.