I Never Thought There'd Be You

6

She wrote down the order and smiled at us. "I'll get that for you right away!" She said happily, walking away.

"Oh, no, take your time..." I said under my breath.

"Amy, really, is there something bothering you?"

I looked up.

"I mean, you were happy back at my place, now you seem annoyed."

"She's just... Ugh, she's so happy. You work at a restaurant at crappy ours of the day. Why are you so happy?" I grumbled, playing with my hoodie.

Josh sighed and put aside his menu. "So I'm not allowed to be happy either?"

"That's not what I meant." I sighed.

Josh looked down. "I hate seeing you like this, Amy. Ever since you guys got big and got noticed, Ben just turned into a monster..."

I clenched my teeth at his name.

"I don't want him to hurt me again..." I said, my voice under a whisper. "I don't want to get hurt again. He gets so mad so easily, and he hits hard every time, and-"

Before I knew it, Josh was sliding into the booth next to me. "Ssh, Amy, it's okay. Listen, you know I'd love to give him a piece of my mind..."

I looked up at him. "Don't you dare, Joshua Hartzler, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I don't want you getting hurt either, Amy Lee."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks Aleisha, for bugging me to get this story up again.<3