I Never Thought There'd Be You

7

My luck.

My great goddamned luck.

Of all the restaurants downtown, Ben Moody has to come into the one Josh and I are in. I looked up. He was approaching our booth, fire in his eyes. I pushed Josh out of the way and ran to the bathroom. I felt angry at myself for leaving Josh out there with him, but the fear of adding more bruises to my disgusting collection was enough to send me running.

I'm trapped. There's no exit out of here. I can stay in here all I want. But he'll know I'll eventually give in, and I'll only be dragged back to his filthy apartment to be beaten.

I wanted to cry. Too many things were going on at once. Tour next week... thankfully I could always be with the rest of the band. That way he won't hurt me.

But that's next week, Amy. Now you're stuck in a restroom in a restaurant downtown, trapped by a monster. And you left your best friend out there all alone. He's probably worried sick about you...

I shook my head. Maybe he won't notice me if I leave...

Wish me luck.

---

There was a blow to my stomach, the impact sending me backwards. I hit my head on the coffee table littered with take out containers and porn magazines.

I hoped it would knock me out.

He was screaming, throwing things around, throwing things at me. I was crying, fear and pain my only emotions. He picked me up by my shirt collar, and threw me off in his direction, as if I weighed nothing. My back slammed the floor and I groaned.

That's all I remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
peace.