Status: Slowly but surely.

Olive and an Arrow

the sweet aroma

It cleared my mind.

The sweet aroma of the salty sea air and the feel of the calming breeze brought ease to my tense muscles. My eyes drifted shut as I allowed the tide to envelope me in its warmth. The memories of the events from this afternoon seemed to have faded away for only an instant and then they were back. They took over my thoughts, prevented me from any happiness I had felt previously.
‘ I cant stand to be with you anymore, you make even the simplest things seem extremely difficult .’
It’s one thing to feel alone-it’s another to actually be alone. As I stared out into the ocean I knew I was alone. I wanted to blame him, I wanted to release myself of this heavy weight and place it on his shoulders but I couldn’t. His voice was like a broken record in my head, replaying his words over and over again until my heart couldn’t withstand the pain any longer. The sun disappeared behind the horizon and the moon took its place high in the night sky. It loomed over me, taunting me with its beauty.

I pushed myself up from the sand and brushed off my cotton skirt. The temperature had dropped rapidly and the once humid afternoon had become cold and bitter. I wrapped my arms around my middle as I made my way to my old beat up Mazda. I slid into my car shakily and let the warm air hit my face.

‘You said you loved me, remember? You love me.’

‘I never loved you, Aria.’

Tears stung my eyes as I pulled into the parking lot of my apartment. I pulled the key out of the ignition and sighed back into the seat. I couldn’t move, it felt as though my whole body was paralyzed. Don’t you see your killing me?

I pushed the door open and made my way weakly to the door to my apartment. I slipped my key into the lock and pushed the door open easily. Inside everything was pitch black as I set my keys absent-mindlessly onto the kitchen counter.
I kicked off my sandals and made my way into my bedroom. I flicked on the light and sighed deeply as my soft bed cried out to me. I didn’t even bother to change out of my clothes, I just simply pushed back the covers and crawled into bed.

‘I hate you.’ My words dripped with honesty.

‘I hate that you feel that way, Aria.” He picked up his messenger bag from my bed and slipped it over his right shoulder. “But I really can’t do anything about it, now can I?’
♠ ♠ ♠
No comments, no updates.