Status: Slowly but surely.

Olive and an Arrow

I'm Really Hoping This Isn't A Mistake.

I never got a response from Aria that night, so I decided to surprise her. I used her spare key to get in her house and I sat on the couch, practicing. I couldn’t mess this up. If I did, she would notice and that wouldn’t be good. It has to be perfect.

Not too much later, I heard the front door open. My heart rate increased about ten times. I was too nervous for this; it’s too late to escape now. I need to show her where my head and heart are.

I looked up at the door when I saw a slim figure in the doorway. Aria. She’s so damn beautiful and her personality is perfect. I don’t deserve her. I saw Alex behind her. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she doesn’t like me. She probably likes Alex. It was a bad idea to come here. Alex subtly glared at me when he asked her a question.

I watched as she silenced Alex and glided over to me. Her eyes showed that she was being absorbed by my song. Maybe this wasn’t a bad idea. If she was upset with me or any of my other theories, I don’t think she would sit here and listen to me. I quickly glanced at where Alex had been standing. He gave me one last look of unhappiness and walked away. I refocused all of my attention onto Aria. My heart skipped a beat just from looking at her.

I really hope this wasn’t a mistake.

I finished the song, putting the guitar next to me on the couch and I stood up. Quickly, Aria stood up, too. Her arms were wrapped around my neck. I smiled softly down at her.

It felt like slow motion, but our kiss was beyond incredible. This whole idea was definitely not a mistake. I’m guessing she really liked it, too. I placed my hands gently on her hips as I deepened the kiss. I just couldn’t resist her. I was way too happy to hold my feelings in, so I smirked a bit into our kiss.

“Who would of thought a guy like you could write a song like that.”

I chuckled a little, knowing she was being sarcastic. I replied, but without sarcasm. “Yeah, well it’s the inspiration that makes it amazing.”

To prove my point, I kissed her again, but keeping it simple. As we were standing there kissing, we heard the front door slam hard. Aria quickly pulled away and ran to the door. I followed her, to make sure that everything is okay. She opened the door and I stood behind her with my hand resting gently on the small of her back. We watched as Alex walked down the driveway.

“Alex!” Aria repeatedly called out to him, but he wouldn’t answer. “Alex, please come back!”

A sleek black car pulled up next to Alex and he crawled in.

“ALEX!” Aria cried one final time, before flipping him off when the car came back down from the cul-de-sac. Stepping back into the house, Aria slammed the front door, much like Alex had done.

“I don’t get what his problem is,” She whispered, wrapping her arms around my torso and burying her face into my chest. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around her, as well.

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s just PMSing,” I tried joking, to make her smile, but it only received a small - almost non-existent - chuckle. Aria pulled away from the hug and walked into the kitchen.

“Do want anything to eat or drink?” She asked me softly.

“No thanks. But hey, Alex left a note,” I picked up the piece of paper from the kitchen table and handed it to Aria.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so incredibly sorry that this took so long for me to post. School has taken over my life, sadly enough.