Status: Slowly but surely.

Olive and an Arrow

if you hold my hand

I can’t say that I am surprised.

I think I knew somewhere deep down inside that this was going to happen but I kept on pushing that thought aside as if it weren’t important to me. As I sat there across from John I didn’t know whether to feel devastated that I lost the most amazing guy ever or excited because this opened doors for me.

My thoughts went to Alex and the way his lips formed against mine and how our bodies melted so sweetly together last night. It was totally unexpected; my feelings towards Alex, the kiss, the way he made me feel after the kiss, everything. I had to admit that ever since he climbed out of my window that night, I haven’t stopped thinking of him.

I glanced up from my coffee and saw John staring at me from across the table. His eyes were sad and I knew that I should feel the same way but in my heart I just felt the complete opposite.

“I think it’s time for me to go.” His voice startled me out of my trance and he began to stand up from his seat. I followed suit and we just stood there staring at each other neither of us knowing what to do or say.

“John, I-“

”It’s okay, this is for the best.” He cut me off and with one last glance pushed past me and out the door.

I slung my purse over my shoulder and pushed open the door that led to the bustling town I knew so well. My mind was swarmed with different thoughts as I made my way down Walnut street.
Should I call Alex?
Maybe I should just let him cool off a bit.
But what if I don’t have much time?


My phone buzzed in my pocket and I fished it out eagerly hoping it was Alex. I flipped it open and let out an irritated sigh seeing it was Brandon.

How’d it go? - B

I quickly typed back my reply and shoved my phone back into my jean pocket. I wrapped my arms around my middle and a shiver ran up and down my spine as the wind picked up speed.
I debated on whether going home was even an option right now. I knew that Brandon would interrogate me once my hand was on the door knob and I really couldn’t handle that right now. Plus, I really wanted to be alone to sort through all of the thoughts in my head.

Better than expected. - Aria

I found myself heading down 1st Street towards Alex’s house. My feet were moving absent mindlessly as my thoughts were else where in the clouds.
What would he say when I tell him about me and John?
Will he accept me?


As I approached his house I noticed a tall, lanky figure step out from inside of the house. As I inched closer to his yard I instantly wished I hadn’t decided to come because that figure turned out to be Jack Barakat. He squinted his eyes against the sun and I couldn’t tell if his face was just scrunched up from the struggle or if he was angry.
I tried to duck behind Alex’s car but it was too late, Jack had already spotted me.

“What are you doing here?” His voice didn’t sound angry, just tired. Maybe Alex didn’t tell him.

“I could ask you the same thing, Barakat.” I tried to make my voice sound nonchalant as I made my way up Alex’s front yard.

Jack glanced back at the front door and then back at me. “I’m here consoling my best friend, he is pretty heart broken.”
I couldn’t tell if he was being sarcastic or not so I just played dumb. “Oh? What happened?”

Jack rolled his eyes and as I got closer I could tell he had been up all night because his hair was all over the place and there were dark circles under his eyes. “Don’t play games, Aria. That’s what got Alex in this state in the first place, you owe him at least an apology.”

“You’re right.”

“Look, you don’t have to argue with me, okay? Well all know that you-wait, did you just say I was right?” Jack’s tired grimace turned into a cocky smile.

“Yes, I did. I came here to tell Alex that me and John broke up.”

Jack’s smile faded and his eyes narrowed. “Telling him that you and John broke up is not going to just fix everything, Aria. Did you know that when Alex gets mad he doesn’t sleep?
“After a few hours of him screaming and yelling and punching walls, he starts to cry. I don’t mean little tears, big long continuous tears! He finally passed out about an hour ago, thank the Lord.”

I just stared at him waiting for him to go on, when he didn’t I said, “I’m not expecting everything to be the same as it was before...I’m just looking for a second chance.”

Jack’s face softened and he stepped aside to let me through. “Well, I hope you get it kid, you deserve something good in your life.”

For some reason I couldn’t stop myself from saying, “You’re right, I’ve dated a lot of douche bags so its about time I find someone worth the while, right?”

For a second I thought I saw Jack flinch but he just plastered on a fake smile and said, “I gotta go.” Then he jogged down the lawn and to his car.

I ignored the sound of Jacks car roar to life and pushed open the front door. Almost instantly I was greeted by his Jack Russell Terrier, Wolverine.
“Hey boy,” I pat his head softly and he barked loudly. “Where’s daddy?”

As if on que Alex stepped out from behind the wall that divides the foyer and the living room. At first his features seemed to mirror Jack’s tired expression but once he realized it was me he instantly took a step back like he had been hit.

“What are you doing here?” Wolverine wove between his legs as he stared at me in confusion.

“I-I came here to tell you something.”

“John broke up with you, right?” His voice had a hint of annoyance in it as he crossed his arms over his broad chest.

“How did you know?”

“Word gets around fast.”

I took a step closer to him and he just continued to stare at me with the same agitated expression. “I thought that..”

“What? You thought that I would be happy? You thought that I would just forget everything that happened and run into your arms? ‘Oh Jack and Aria broke up now its my turn to get played’..I think I will pass.”

It felt as though he had slapped me in the face and it was my turn to stagger away from him. “Why are you acting like this? Isn’t this what you wanted?”

“What I wanted? For me to be your back up boy?” He closed his eyes as if he were too angry to even look at me. “Or am I just someone you fool around with when you aren’t happy with your boyfriend?”

His ice cold stare was on me again and I sucked back tears. “That’s not it at all, Alex.”

“You know what? I don’t even care anymore.”

He began to walk away and I didn’t know how else to stop him but with the truth.

“I love you, Alex.” My voice was surprisingly stable when those three words slipped out of my mouth.

He stopped dead in his tracks with his back to me and was silent. I took that opportunity to get everything off of my chest.

“You are everything to me. I never realized how bad I could want something until you came back into my life. After you got back from tour and you helped me with everything that happened with Jack I couldn’t help but feel something when I was with you. It is indescribable and it makes me happy and sad and angry and scared all at the same time. There isn’t a moment that passes by that you aren’t on my mind. I can’t help but love you, Alex.”

He didn’t turn around nor did he say anything in reply.

“Alex, please..you are the one good thing left in my life. I need you.” It was then that my voice cracked and a tiny sob escaped my lips.

Alex’s hands balled into fists and he turned around to face me. I could see tears welling in his eyes as he stared at me from across the room.

“Gosh, Aria.” In two bounds he was in front of me and his body was pressed against mine. His lips attacked my own as my hands found their way around his neck frantically.

I never knew I could feel so many emotions at one time but once his arms snaked around my middle and pulled me closer to him everything just seemed to burst inside of me. It was as if everything around us just fell away because I could only see him and I could only see me at that moment.

I pulled my face away from his so that our foreheads were the only thing touching. Our breath was staggered and a smile crept upon his flawless face.

“I love you too.” I never knew four words could sound so sweet, and we kissed again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Awwh!