Status: Slowly but surely.

Olive and an Arrow

Chainsaws and Sweet Dreams

I shifted under Aria’s weight as she gently snored. The movie had been over for more than thirty minutes but I didn’t bother waking her up, she needed her rest. I yawned back into the sofa and stretched my arms above my head.

Aria stirred under the thin navy blue blanket I had previously found and placed over her small frame. Her sleepy eyes met mine and she grinned up at me lazily.

“How long was I asleep?” Her voice was groggy and she sat up slowly from my lap.
She touched her head as if to stop the dizziness and I placed a comforting hand on the small of her back. The gesture must have surprised her because she stiffened beneath my touch.

“You started snoring like a chainsaw about halfway through the movie.” I teased lightly.

Aria turned around to face me with an embarrassed look on her face and I couldn’t help but laugh

“I’m just joking, it wasn’t that bad.”

“Promise?” Her eyes seemed to be pleading me for the truth.

“I promise,” Assuring her with a soft smile.

“I’m sorry about taking up majority of the couch, too. You much have been so uncomfortable. I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing, silly girl. I didn’t mind. The only thing is...”

“Is what?” She panicked.

“I would have loved to have seen your reaction to some of the gruesome scenes in that movie,” I chuckled as I watched her face go from worried to happy.

“That’s not nice, John.”

“I know, but I can’t help myself, sometimes.”

“Only sometimes?”

“Well, most of the time.”

My mind went blank, forgetting where I was and who I was with. I sat there, staring at the girl in front of me. She was so beautiful. There was something about her that toyed with one of my emotions. I couldn’t figure out which emotion, or what it was about her. I know one thing is for sure - I don’t want to lose this feeling.

“John? John?” I heard a soft voice calling to me, breaking me out of my trance. “You okay?”

“Yeah. Sorry about that, Aria.”

“Not a problem,” She replied as she snuggled into my chest, just like she did before the movie started.