Status: Slowly but surely.

Olive and an Arrow

Thinking of You

I can’t lie and say I wasn’t disappointed when Aria left my apartment. I understand that she had plans, but still. All I wanted was her near me. She’s like some sort of drug that I’m becoming addicted to.

I plopped back down on the couch.

Aria.

I honestly couldn’t get her off my mind. If only she knew what she does to me.

I thought back to the conversation that we had earlier. How could I have said that to her? Especially without hearing her side of the story? I knew Jack was constantly being a jackass to her for no reason. Little did I know that there actually was a reason. A big reason.

How could anyone in their right mind cheat on a girl like Aria? She’s so...beautiful, funny, kind, considerate, caring, loving. She’s just...perfect.

I need to win her heart back from Jack. I know damn well she’s still trying to prove something to him.

Maybe I’ll write her a song. Maybe the song can help me win her heart. Honestly, what girl doesn’t want a song written about her? All I really want to prove with the song is that if she does decide to be with me, I won’t be anything like Jack; everything will be alright.

I grabbed a piece of crumpled paper and a purple magic marker from under the coffee table. Un-crumpling the paper, I scribbled “Aria’s Song” on the top of the page. Now, how to start the song. This can’t be like any other love song that I’ve written in the past. This one needs to be real, full of emotion. Full of true love. Otherwise, Aria might not get the hint.

Almost instantly, a phrase came into my mind. My creative door was wide open.

The terminal leaves behind
Half-smiles and drying eyes
With ticket clutched in hand
I long to find my way back home


Awesome. Now what? What’s at home for me? Another line popped into my head.

But even from way up here
The view isn't all that clear
What good is this perspective
If I can't tell you where to go?
I can't tell where to go.


I’m starting to like this. A song from the heart is the easiest song to write. No faking things; only raw emotions.

You're looking up to on me
Lost and incomplete
Desperate to make things
The way you think they ought to be
But You've got a different way


Aria. God, I think I’m falling in love with her.

I've seen all your mistakes
I'm asking you to leave the pieces where they lay
I take your hand, we turn and walk away


Next line. Think, John, think. What’s a good next line?

The turbulence shakes the room
The passengers and the crew
With armrest clutched in hand
You long to regain some control


My mind blanked and a thought of Aria popped in. Honestly John, get a grip on yourself. That’s it! Grip.

But as you relax your grip
you realize the truth of it
you’re just as powerless when
you are on the ground below
And I can tell you where to go.


There! Finished. Rereading my chicken scrawl on the paper, I nodded in content. I hope she’ll like this.

I made a quick trip into my bedroom and grabbed my acoustic guitar. Returning back to my spot on the couch, I began writing the music for the song.

As soon as I got the music written, I thought of performing it for her. Quite frankly, I can’t just hand her two pieces of paper: one with lyrics on it and another with chords. A song like this needs to be performed. Privately.

Grabbing my phone and calendar, I texted Aria - despite of her being at All Time Low’s band practice.

Hey Aria. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime soon. I have a bit of a surprise for you. - John

I’m hoping this all goes as planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi again!
Please, comment and subscribe. It would really make us happy. :)