Status: Contest entry :)

Another Heart Calls

In The Long Run We Are All Dead

Well, this isn't what I expected I thought looking around at the foggy graveyard. How I made it out of death alive, I do not know. I laughed at the irony of that statement and leaned back against a tombstone. The one that stated my body was right where it was supposed to be, six feet under a mound of dirt.

"I still love you, Josh. I knew you were going to be the death of me someday." I whispered to the moonless night as I closed my eyes.

"Its okay, baby let me drive." Josh slurred as he tore the keys from my hand. I knew it was a mistake getting in the car with him, I just didn't have the guts to stay behind with all of the heavily influenced guys there at the party. I leaned over him and snapped his seat belt over him.

"Don't go to fast, please Josh. Its dangerous." I said worried for our safety. I closed my eyes and sent up a silent prayer to keep Josh safe. He pushed the key into the ignition. Hearing the engine roar as he revved the 2010 Ford Mustang's brand new engine. He sped onto the road ignoring the sign that stated the speed limit as forty-five. 55...60...65

"Shut the fuck up, Kaelyn. Damn, you ruin everything.I don't even know why the fuck I'm dating you." He yelled pressing his foot harder on the gas pedal. 80...85..95... The speedometer was steadily rising. 100...105...

"Josh, Please!" I yelled, fueling the drunken rage inside of him.

He turned his head from the road and locked his fiery gaze on mine, "Again, shut the hell up. For fuck's sake, Kae. Do you not have a fun bone in your body!?" He said still pressing the gas pedal to the floor. 115...125... I turned my gaze to my feet. He's just drunk, he isn't aware of what his saying. I knew this was going to end badly. Everything did with Josh. Either I was beaten and bruised or drugged and drunk. It all ended badly. I squeezed my hands together hoping my fear would drain through the contact somehow.

The car veered left towards oncoming traffic then quickly back onto the right lane, my fear pulsing through me, "Josh, please just listen to me." I begged trying to come up with and offer to make him stop, "If you slow down we can go back to your place and you know." My fear and nervousness at my offer wavered in my voice.

His face brightened up, "For serious?! I've been trying to get you to do it for a year now." I nodded my head staring back down at the floor mats. "Wow, you are greatest thing in the world." He said practically jumping up and down is his seat. He took both of his hands off the wheel, grabbing my face and pushed his mouth against mine. I hastily pushed him back towards the wheel, "Kae, I love.." Headlights filled the red sports car, blinding me. Glass shattered sticking into my shock stricken body.

My senses picked up the sound of screeching metal,the faint sound of sirens, the smell of gasoline, and the intense burning pain coming from my sides. I commanded myself to push through the pain and see if Josh was fine. Nothing happened. Nothing obeyed me like it always had, my body was failing me. No, no, no! I can't die. Not now! I tried to scream as things faded to a hazy gray.


Well, at least I can still sleep. I offered a small smile to the darkness. That scene was the only thing that consumed my thoughts lately. Just an endless cycle of me dying over and over again. Call me crazy but I thought you weren't supposed to know how you died or what happened after you died. But then again what did I know?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for a contest... but im not sure if im entered yet? haha
but I liked the idea soo i decided to write a story on it....
Anyhowwww...Comment? :D

P.S. Go join my Contest! there are only four spots left haha lets fill them up! :D