Status: Contest entry :)

Another Heart Calls

Buried Myself Alive

Walking down the aisle towards the elaborately decorated black casket you'd think I'd be more upset than I was. A smile was threatening to overtake my solemn lips. Happiness came to me at the oddest moments now, for example this one.

Loved ones on both sides of my path rivaled the sparkle in my eyes with their sobs.My mother and father greeted each person as they came to the front. My attention turned to my little brother who sat on a front pew, tears leaking down his cheeks onto the Gameboy he held idly in his hands.

Somber music softly flowed out of the chapel's speakers just as I made it to the open casket. I ran my bright hands along the silver roses embedded along its side while I looked down at my former self.

My soft blonde hair was straighted and placed perfectly around my shoulders. A small smile played across my lifeless pink lips with my hands crossed elegantly across my chest. Everything was too perfect, too precise and none of this represented me right, nothing at all.

"Kaelyn, all you have to do is stay asleep." The priest walked up beside me, "Its alright, just sleep, my dear girl." Confusion raced through me. This isn't how this goes. No one talked to me, I screamed in my mind. "Kaelyn, sleep." The priest repeated with a bright smile beaming at me. What the fuck!?

The song's beat raced, "Kaelyn, wake up." A deep, soothing voice came from behind me causing me to jump. "Silly, its only a dream but you have to wake up." he chuckled and wrapped his arms around my stomach. My frightened gaze swept down to is strong arms. They were pulsating with a beautiful yellow light.

"This is so not what happened!" I said trying to pull away from him. "Whoa, wait. Jordan?"

"Yes, who did you think I was?" He laughed, pulling me back away from my former body.

"How are you even here? I didn't know you until a minute ago. There is no way you were here when this actually happened." I asked confused as every person's eyes locked on me. With each person we passed came a "Sleep. Just go to sleep."

"Well let's put it this way, I'm here to...help you get out of this... memory." He smiled, pulling me faster towards the door.

"Why are they telling me to sleep?" I asked rushing to keep up with his fast pace. I ran into Jordan's straighten back as he came to a fast halt. "What the hell?" I grumbled as I peeked around him to see what stopped us. There stood Josh, red faced and angry.

"Kaelyn, he is not the real Josh. Remember that." Jordan warned, not taking his eyes from furious boy blocking our path.

"He's been drinking." I frowned, stepping out from behind Jordan and took a step towards Josh.

"Kaelyn, please. Come back here." He held his hand out to me. I was stuck in the space between my past love and the only comfort I had felt since the accident.

Josh narrowed his gaze, chilling the air, "Kae, you need to sleep." He and Jordan, both took a step towards me. "You don't belong here, Kaelyn and you know it." Another step to close the distance. Both boys were on either side of me, ready to play a nice little game of tug-a-war-with-Kaelyn.

"Okay, Kaelyn, you really need to wake up." Jordan said staring Josh down.

"Shut the fuck up, Jordan." He spat. "You need sleep, baby." His fingers traced circles on my shoulder blade. "Either you sleep on your own or I will make you sleep." The circles turned into a painful grip. I jerked away from him into Jordan's arms.

"I want to go now." Tears rose to my eyes. I pulled myself closer to Jordan and the people around us closed in screaming for me to sleep. "Jordan, please."

"You have to wake up on your own, love." His arm encircled me causing a blinding light to blaze out from us.

"How!?" I screamed, shielding my eyes with his body. He answered me by sweeping me up into his arms and pushing his way to the door. Tears poured from my eyes as another surge of light obliterated the room into a pure white room.


My eyes unwillingly opened to a pitch black night. Shock pulsed in time with the tears racing down my rosy cheeks. "Jordan!" I screamed, pushing away from the ground
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to apologize for this poorly written chapter
but I got this out so I wouldn't leave youu guys hanging

My laptop charger broke... soo it'll take me awhile to update my stories now soo pleaseee bare with me

but other than that
leave me some comment love? haha :D