Status: Active!

Witness

Just Another Day, Intro

All I wish I could've done is something else, save her...but I couldn't. I was trapped, stuck in the trees, unable to do anything. Unable to act, and unable to move.

I was one of those people who just wanted to do well and get the hell away from everything. Boyfriends were a waste of time for me, friends, a little bit more important to me, but still too many would be too much. I guess people thought I was weird for my ideals, but they worked for me. I had no drama to deal with until Tuesday, December 14th, 2009. That, was the turning point in my young life.

**********************************************************************

"Grayson! Time to wake up!" I heard Mom shout. I rolled over in my bed, wanting to just be like that guy who slept for a thousand years. Maybe things would have been different if I stayed in bed...but I didn't have a choice, I got out of my bunk bed that I shared with my sister (unfortunately) and put on a black hoodie and dark blue jeans. That was my usual. I wasn't like some emo person or anything, I just wanted to not draw attention to myself.

I grabbed a notebook, it was my ‘Bored out of my mind in Class’ notebook. I drew and drew, mainly graphs and schismatics of inventions I wanted to build after I was retired. I was always a planner, before that night. But whatever, we’ll get to that later.

I heard my older sister singing in the shower next to my room. I put my pillow over my ears, but that didn’t block out the terrible sound of her voice. Okay, she’s not that bad, but at seven in the morning, she’s just plain terrible. I put some books in my back pack, some books to read when the lesson was too easy for me. Many people thought that I was some junkie who didn’t give a crap about the world, and they were halfway right. I didn’t have a care in the world.

Once I got to school, my sister went away to her group of theatre junkies. I went to my locker, I saw the blonde cheerleader. Thank God she was a senior, because I wouldn’t have to deal with her next year. Not that the fact that she was leaving school, I would always have to deal with her.

“Sup Loser? Got some more graphy things to draw?” She said to me. This was normal. I just grabbed a book, and turned away from her. She scowled, she thought she was better then me, but whatever.

This, was the greeting I was expecting to see. But instead, I got a cold stare, and a locker slam. I had a puzzled look on my face, probably because Quinn wasn’t being a jerk to me. Unusual greatness that I wasn’t used to from anyone but Jake and Jamie, and of course my best friend Gracie. But other then teachers, I was the punching bag.

I know, I know…stereotypical. Protagonist stereotype, dweeb that everyone hates, has a friend and yadda yadda yadda. But I will tell you this, I am NOT stereotypical, unlike all the other dweebs in the world, I am proud of who I am. But, and you DARE not repeat this, am lonely sometimes, but still I deal. Life isn’t all candy and sweetness. And I know that for sure.

My school day was like any other, boring. The schools weren’t up to my intellectual status. God, that makes me sound like a total nerd, but whatever. Every one of my teachers has to rush up their AP (I know right, collage, scary! NOT :P) courses for me.

The highlight of the day was me going home, or so I thought.

See, I am kinda a loner after school, I hang out in the forest. There’s this Weeping Willow that’s perfect for reading in, and I can see everything from this one branch. When I was little I used to pretend I was a princess waiting to be saved, and Jake would be my prince. Petty child game, but still it was fun to play. Soon, more people started coming to the forest, it became a place to drink beer after seven, so I left at seven on the dot. Period dot. No later, no earlier. That was my curfew for everything in that forest, sure occasionally I stayed out in the woods for a night, but that was rare, and I asked my mom. And she said yes, because she thought I was hanging out with friends, but I was by myself.

That night, was a night where I stayed in the forest, I needed to think. Badly. And what I didn’t know, I was going to be thinking a lot more after that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the Inspiration from, The Lovely Bones

Comment, Rate, and Subscribe!