Status: Active!

Witness

The Sound of Screams

I was grabbing my stuff for a night in the trees, I needed to think about stuff that will later be disclosed. Let’s just say, I had a lot to think about. My mom smiled at me and leaned up against the door. I turned around and smiled and jutted my head towards the forest. Mom laughed and walked away.

I looked around my room, the black and white spattered walls seemed like they were telling me something…not to go to the woods tonight, like it was something that I shouldn’t see. But whatever, I went anyways.

Once I got to the Weeping Willow tree, I saw the camp stuff all ready. I smiled, Mom knew me so well. I dropped it all and climbed up the many branches that it toke me to get to the special place. I could see the entire forest from my perch, EVERYTHING. Sometimes I saw too much, like people having sex. And I’m thinking to my self, ‘Who the hell wants to have sex in the woods?’ But it works for them. For guys I guess this is the Porn Perch, but for me, it’s where I think.

Around six o’clock, my eyes were getting tired, so I drifted off to sleep. It was a dreamless sleep, the best kind of sleep I ever get.

I woke up with a start. I heard someone talking, someone that sounded like my classmate Janie.

“Guys, guys, we can settle this like rational people.” I heard her say, I twisted over towards where I heard the noises. I saw outlines of people I knew. Their Flashlights lighted up them.

I turned on my flashlight, it wasn’t bright enough for them to see it, but I saw their faces perfectly. I saw Quinn.. She was pretty pissed looking. I saw a flashlight in their hands, Quinn’s grip tightened around it. Her pretty pink nails waved upon its glassy surface. Her fingers growing white with tension, and her eyes shone with hate.

“Why did you sleep with him?” She asked. Quinn’s bouncy blonde curls shone like diamonds in the night sky. I wanted to say black was her color, but I didn’t want to speak. I knew I couldn’t. I was stuck up in the tree.

“Yeah why did you?” It was Quinn’s best friend, Jasmine. Her green bow was untied; her eyes were puffy from crying. She was shaking, I could tell she was afraid for what was about to happen, or she was so angry that she was shaking, either way I couldn’t tell. I had a hard time reading her.

“I didn’t sleep with him Jasmine!” Janie shouted. I could see she had tears in her eyes. Her cheeks were totally wet.

“You lier! You fucking lier.” Jasmine shouted.

“Yeah, you whore. You should be a hooker when you grow up, oh wait you’d never be pretty enough.” Quinn hissed. “I don’t even know why he’s ever sleep with such an ugly.”

I heard Janie whimper. She had tears in her eyes. I know that she was being wrongly judged. Then she said, “Fine. I did sleep with him!”

Quinn and Jasmine couldn’t take that moment of truth. Jasmine took her flashlight and wacked with it. Quinn took hers and did the same. They went like that, over and over and over. Janie was screaming, then, suddenly, when Quinn hit her head, she was silent. I saw them spit on her. It was so gruesome and horrifying that I couldn’t watch it any longer. Then I turned away, but I swear that Janie’s eyes opened and she winked at me.

I saw them look at her unmoving body. I saw them kick her, begging her to wake up. Then they looked at each other, frightened. I saw them pick up Janie, and leave. I swear I heard, “Got what she deserved.” And then I closed my eyes tight, and curled up into a ball. Crying and shell shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the moment has finally come, what will Grayson do?

-___- okay that sounded REALLY cheesy, well I am lost for words about why those peoples killed Janie, but ah well.

Comment, Rate, Subscribe, and Forgive,
Shannon