The Infamous Pick up Line

One and Only

“Guys, I’ve tried everything and sweet ol’ Lily Evans still won’t go out with me,” James Potter whined to his friends. A bored Remus Lupin rolled his eyes and a young Sirius Black patted James on the shoulder.

“Don’t give up yet mate,” Sirius encouraged. “I’m sure she’ll come to her senses one day.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” James said while readjusting his round glasses. “You know what? I think I’ll go and talk to her right now.”

“Do you even know where she is?” Lupin asked.

“Of course Moony,” James replied back. He stood up straight and had a smug look on his face. “She’s in the library.” Not even bothering to listen to possible advice from his friends, James walked out of the dorm and descended down the flight of stairs. He walked through the common room and eventually made his way to the library.

He smiled when he saw Lily sitting in her usual spot and was even happier to find out that she was alone. She was usually with Snape, who was a foul and ghastly person in James’ eyes. Walking over to Lily with even more bounce in his steps, he stopped at her table and pulled out the chair and sat next to her.

“Hi Evans,” James said.

Lily didn’t even bother looking up from her book. “What do you want Potter? If it’s the usual question, then it’s a no.”

“Oh come on Lily,” James edged on. He took the book out of Lily’s hand and closed it. She shot him a questionable look and rolled her bright green eyes.

“How many times do I have to tell you? It’s a no.”

“Lilyyy,” he said while dragging out her name. “Please just listen.”

“Well what is it Potter?” Lily asked hesitantly.

Clearing his throat, he wore a confident look on his face. “I need to learn Occlumency, because I can’t get you out of my thoughts,” he finished with a wink.

Lily look disgusted. “That’s a personal all time low, even for you James Potter. Excuse me while I vomit,” she said before gathering all her belongings and leaving in a rush. She left James alone and he wore a shock look on his face. ‘I wonder what that was all about,’ he pondered to himself. ‘That’s one of the best pick up lines I’ve had in awhile.’

While James was sitting in the library confused, Sirius and Lupin were coming up with their own different scenarios on what they thought had happened to James and Lily.

“Well whatever he said, I just hope he didn’t use the crappy pick up line I told him earlier,” Sirius said while giving out a nervous laugh.

“Knowing him, he probably did,” Lupin said. “What was it about anyway?”

“Some lame thing about Occlumency.”

“Ah,” Lupin commented before laughing. “Let’s just hope our dear friend had more than enough sense to refrain from that pick up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved writing this. :)