Dusk and Dawn

Mathew

The Cullen family returned from their camping trip Sunday night. Three days and four nights after Kiki was raped. Emmett and Jasper went to visit her after they got back. Roxanna smiled at them both weakly before they made their way up to Kiki's room. Kiki laid curled up into a ball on her bed under her blankets. The moment she smelled Jasper and Emmett, she started crying. As they approached her she coward away from them.
“What's wrong little sister?” Emmett asked as he tried to get closer to her. She whimpered and curled up even more into a ball in the corner of her bed against the wall.
“Jasper stay here, I'm going to talk to my mother” Emmett said before he all but ran down the stairs.

I didn't want to be alone with Jasper, I felt pathetic, worthless and dirty. I knew he could feel all of these thing but I didn't care.
“What's wrong love? What happened?” he asked me calmly as he reached for my hand. I hated that the spark I always felt whenever he touched me was still there. I retracted my hand and stared at anything but him. Emmett yelled something before he raced up to my room again. I knew Roxanna had told him.
“Baby girl, I'm sorry it happened. I want Carlisle to check you out and make sure you're okay please?” Emmett asked me as he walked closer to me. I started crying, I hated this had such a huge effect on me. I didn't say or do anything as he picked me up and carried me to his jeep. Roxanna and Jasper got in the front, with Jasper driving. Emmett sat in the back with me as I cried silently. I didn't want him to touch me, I didn't want anyone touching me.


Emmett carried Kiki into the house the minute the car stopped. Carlisle was on red alert the moment he saw Kiki so weak in Emmett's arms. He lead Emmett up to Carlisle's office where he proceeded to examine her.
Downstairs, Roxanna told the family everything that Kiki told her. Rosalie stood up and made her way upstairs. Lupe comforted Alice, who looked like she was about to cry – if she could. Esme was comforting Roxanna who had broke down after re-telling her daughter's story for the second time that night. Edward and Bella tried to calm down Jasper who was angry and had thoughts running through his head about tracking the vampire down and killing him.

Over the few weeks that had passed after the accident, Kiki seemed to grow more and more fearful of guys touching her. She only talked to Rose, and on occasion she would talk to Bella and Alice. Edward wasn't able to read her mind, and Jasper only felt her negative emotions whenever he was around her.
It was the end of the day and Rosalie convinced Kiki to come over to their house. As they all parked and got out of their cars, all of them could smell it, the vampire that had been in their area for a while, the same one that had raped Kiki, was near. They all ran to the back of the house were Esme stood in a crouching position. The vampire, accompanied by another one – a male, stood smirking. He looked at each of the Cullen kids before he let his eyes rest on Kiki. Just the feeling of his eyes staring at her was enough to make Kiki shiver and hide further behind Emmett and Jasper.
“You raped my sister” Emmett growled. The guy smirked and suddenly Edward growled. Something the man was thinking snapped Kiki out of her self-loathing trance and she attacked him. Her eyes were a deep red color, indicating that she was angry, beyond angry. She ripped him to pieces and burned them. The man he was with attacked her as well. She fought him off, also recognizing him for her old school. She knew that her attacker had brainwashed him. He had no clue what he was doing. Edward picked up on this fact too and soon. He was holding him down while Kiki fixed what her attacker had done to the boy's brain. Rose's eyes never once left the boy as Kiki helped him.
“The guy he was with brainwashed him. He doesn't know why he's here, what he is or what he was doing.” Kiki explained. Esme approached him slowly.
“What's your name?” she asked in her sweet caring voice.
“M-Matthew” the guy stuttered.
“Where do you go to school?” Alice asked.
“Huntington Beach High” he said a little more confident but still wary.
“I used to go there. Do you remember a jock named Raymond?” Kiki asked softly. Matthew nodded.
“I also recognize you. You were friends with one of the Volley Ball players weren't you?” he asked his attention focusing on Kiki.
“Yeah Angel Hildebrand. Raymond turned you into something that might scare you” Kiki's soft voice never once faltered.
“What do you mean?” Matthew asked looking around at everyone.
“You're a vampire dear. You're welcome to stay with us, we can help you through anything you need.” Esme said as she smiled at him.
“I don't want to be a killer” he said fearfully.
“They hunt animals. They can help you steer clear of attacking a human” Kiki said. Edward helped him up and they all made their way into the house. Right as Rosalie closed the back door behind her, there a knocking came from the front door. Confused, Emmett and Kiki went to answer it. Emmett stared confused at the man in front of him while Kiki gasped.
“Daddy?” She asked surprised.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?