Status: Completed

The Leather Jacket

Say it

Mother was making breakfast while Dad was reading the newspaper, his other hand holding his morning coffee. I stared at my bowl of cereal, eating it halfheartedly. I was too nervous that morning that my appetite was low. Still, I force myself to eat everything on my plate. I had already given my family a really hard time. All for a really stupid thing. How pathetic I felt after remembering all the drama I have lived.

“You’re such a stupid and spoiled girl! You have such a wonderful family that loves you and gives you everything you need! And this is how you repay their kindness?! I hate weak girls like you!”

The words of my beloved friend still sounded deep in my head. She had been right. I had been spoiled and selfish. Since then I had work really hard on getting my weight back and be happy with myself. I finished my last mouthful of cereal and head upstairs to brush my teeth. While I was wiping my mouth my older brother was just on the bathroom entrance looking at me from the mirror.

“Alice hurry up we will be late.” He said with a lazy tone in his voice.

I took a last look on the mirror to make sure everything was on its place and joined my brother downstairs. After saying good bye to my parents, both of us got into my brother’s truck and headed for the university.

The small wrapping gift was hidden on a safe location inside my purse. My brother was busy listening to the radio so he didn’t notice my restless moves.

I didn’t understand why I was thinking again and again about this present. I had taken a lot of time to come up with something perfect for Lucy. It was amazing how a young girl like her had managed to own everything she had by herself. It was something I envied so much about her. Her strength.

She was so strong and smart. She worked on the university and earned enough to live a comfortable life. She had a beautiful apartment and one of the things I loved most of her was her style. She dressed in a classy fashion and she always carried that cool aura whenever she went. She was so beautiful. Her eyes were similar to those of a wild cat and she had a proud composure. Her short hair always reminded me of a pixie, with a naughty and confident look all over her features.

My brother had suggested that a perfume or an accessory would suit her best for her present. I knew she had recently bought a new bottle of her favorite brand and she didn’t like to wear accessories. Like the tom-boy she was, she never used earrings or necklaces. She loved to read but I had already giving her a book for Christmas.

We finally arrived at the parking lot and headed for campus. “I’ll pick you up after class, don’t forget about this evening ok?” he said while taking his backpack and closing the driver’s door.

I nodded and headed for the classroom. Fortunately nobody was there yet, so I took my usual spot and opened my bag. The gift was untouched and I was grateful for it. It was wrapped in a cute white and black strip paper with a red small ribbon on top. I couldn’t wait to give it to her, but at the same time I was worried about her reaction.

“Morning princess.” I heard a deep voice on my ear and I was startled that I almost dropped my things.

After I turned around I noticed that it was Lucy with a surprised look on her face.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you.” She said with a look of apology on her beautiful eyes.

Why is she so proper all the time?

“No is ok, I just didn’t hear you come in.” I said, still trying to compose myself.

“So I noticed, you were looking at something with deep interest.” She said while going to her seat next to me putting her leather bag to the side. I took my time to admire her while she was turning the other way.

Her slim figure was covered by a thigh black shirt. Her jeans were a very dark gray and she was wearing converse. Her pixie hair was as shinny as ever and her eyes were covered by some heavy make up that only made her look even more stunning.

She looked at me again and I quickly broke my fantasies away while taking my seat. Why was I blushing?

“You know, Victor called me last night. He said he wanted to go and have dinner at my favorite restaurant today.” She told me while gazing at her composition notebook and drawing cute figures with her pen.

All of the sudden that reminded me of her present. How stupid, I wanted to hug her and congratulate her for her birthday. I quickly stood next to her and she dropped the pen surprised by my sudden move.

“Here” I told her taking the present from behind my back and giving it to her. She was stunned and she took it slowly from my hands.

“May I open it?” she asked me with a small hint of shyness in her confident gaze. I nodded while playing with my fingers.

She unwrapped the paper with skilled fingers and opened the black jewelry boy. She saw a Chanel watch, in black color and the strap made of animal skin. She was amazed by the luxury and her reaction was just as I expected.

“I know you don’t like accessories so I thought that a gentleman’s model with your size would be more suitable for you.” I said quickly before she complained.

Lucy only took it out of the box and handed it to me. “Would you help me put it on?” she whispered with a very seductive smile on her face. I smiled back and she hugged me as soon as it was on her wrist. Her fresh scent reached all the way to my nostrils.

“Thank you Alice, is beautiful.”

We only had one class together during the week so we went for something to eat after both of us were done with our schedules. My brother joined us on the cafeteria. Lucy had ordered a double burger with the whole combo. It was still a wonder to me how she managed to keep her nice figure with the quantities she consumed daily. She ate as much as my brother and he was a glutton.

“I see you liked the present from Alice.” He said after he finished his meal. Lucy looked at the watch and to my brother again.

“I love everything she gives to me.” She said looking at me from across the table. I smiled shyly at her and my brother noticed.

“Are you coming to my birthday dinner Alex?” she asked my brother and he looked confused.

“I’m sorry babe, Alice and I have to go and pick up our brother on the airport. He is coming back today.” He whispered and Lucy gave me a strange look. I had forgotten to tell her and I kicked my brother from under the table.

“Well say hi for me.” She answered with a smile and took her tray into the garbage can.

Once we stepped outside, Lucy looked at her watch. “I need to go, is time for work.”

My brother hugged her and I couldn’t help but to feel a little jealous when he hold Lucy more than necessary. “Happy Birthday babe, and sorry about the dinner. I promise to make it up for you.” He said with a confident smile on his handsome features.

My brother had always been in love with Lucy. Still I knew her way better than him and she wasn’t interested.

“Don’t worry about it.” She said and turned to hug me.

“Are you sure you won’t make it in time?” she asked me in a whisper. I shook my head without looking at her eyes.

“We can go for a drink after dinner; I’ll tell my brother to give me a ride.” I said and she seemed happy with the idea.

“Fair enough, see you tonight then.” She said and turned into the opposite direction.

I was happy to see my older brother at the airport. He looked so much like my dad and it was obvious that his medicine profession was going excellent. His wife had come with us as well and he kissed her sweetly. This made my heart ache a little but I tried to ignore it. After the greetings we reached home and had our family dinner. Dad was so happy to see his son after so long and mom had made a banquet. We were all gathered at the table and I had put on my favorite clothes. After dessert I followed dad into the kitchen when he had gone for a bottle of wine. He looked at me and smiled.

“What is it darling?” he asked while opening the doors of the wine case.

“Dad, I was wondering if Alex could give me a ride. You see, today is Lucy’s birthday and I couldn’t make in time for her dinner.”

He looked at me and after some thought he closed the doors and said “Well I don’t mind since is Lucy after all, just promise me you’ll get home early.” I smiled and made my promised.

Alex left me on our usual bar and it made me wonder why he didn’t join us. I took my cell phone out and dialed Lucy’s number. She pick up after the third ring.

“Hello?” she answered on the other side of the line.

“Is me, I’m already here.”

“We are just a few blocks away baby.” She answered with an enthusiastic tone in her deep voice.

I hang up and went upstairs to wait for them. True to her word, Lucy was there a few minutes after me. She was wearing her favorite leather jacket and boots. Her watch was just under the sleeve. I ran to her opened arms and whispered Happy Birthday as I had planned that morning.

After the first round I made sure to have just one drink. I had already had wine at dinner. Our friends wouldn’t stop their chatter and I was really happy to be there. However when I turned to Lucy, she had an absent look on her face.

A thunder sounded outside and rain started to pour out. I regretted not bringing a jacket with me. Lucy looked at her watch again and she said “Got to get going you guys, big test tomorrow.”

Everyone was disappointed about the news and I had to admit that I was too. But Lucy was right, it was midweek and also I had to get home early.

The rain was pouring heavily and it was really chilly outside. After the farewells I looked for Lucy’s car and it was the farthest one from the parking lot. I put my hands over my arms, preparing mentally for the cold splash. However I felt something warm over me. It was Lucy’s jacket and she was wearing only a thin back blouse.

“Lucy don’t! You’ll catch a cold!” I said trying to give the jacket back to her. She only smiled arrogantly and put her hands inside her jeans.

“Don’t worry my princess I’ll be fine. I’m wearing boots at least and you practically nothing suited for this weather.” She said with a very calm tone on her voice.

She took my hand and guided me to her car. Once inside she took a towel from the back seat and gave it to me. My legs and shoes were spluttered with mud.

The trip back home was quite and a little awkward. Lucy seemed really deep in thought but I was scared to ask her what was wrong. She never acted like this with me.

I gathered my courage and finally convinced her to tell me. She only responded that her tests were stressing her. Still, for some reason I felt that it was only half the truth. She hugged me and I felt her strong and thin arms against my back. It was so comfortable and I had a warm feeling on my chest. Of course it was quickly replaced by something icy against my skin.

She was completely soaked and I panicked. I dragged her to my house and answered mom from the stairs when she call for me. Not carrying of anything else. Lucy was my priority right now.

Once we were on my room I went to get something dry from my closet. I made a mess of my drawers but I finally got some dry shoes, socks, pants, and a comfortable blouse.
Lucy had already removed her garments. Her long white legs were gleaming under the soft light of the bathroom. Her panties were black as well and I noticed she wasn’t wearing a bra when her blouse was soaked and completely attached to her torso. There was a bunny tattoo on the side of her belly bottom and her hair was completely wet.

“Here, let me help you.” I said, helping her to remove her blouse. The back of my palms brushed her soft breasts very slightly. Her body was so beautiful. No matter how many times I looked at her she always made me nervous. I looked at her eyes and I thought I saw a faint blush on her cheeks. When I looked again it was gone. Maybe I had imagined it.

“I’ll go put this on the washing machine. Be right back.” I said after noticing something that made feel certain panic. I headed downstairs as fast as I could. I closed the door and breathed heavily. I felt that unusual, ticklish sensation deep inside of me. Arousal? Why? I couldn’t believe it! And why Lucy of everyone?

She had looked so beautiful there, completely exposed. She was my best friend, almost a sister to me. I couldn’t believe it.

Am I in love with her?

I knew I couldn’t get her out of my life. It was painful to only image it. I needed her.

I sat on the floor with my back over the door and Lucy’s clothes over my tights. A tear slip under my eye.

“I’m sorry Lucy.” I whispered to myself.

After getting back to my room she was already out of the bathroom wearing the clothes I had giving her. She looked beautiful on those colors. She smiled to me when I told her without thinking it.

“I better go, is getting late and I should go home before the storm gets worse.” She said and I shivered under those words.

Had she noticed what had happened? I knew my face was so obvious, had I screw it up?
I hug her, unable to let her go. She hugged me back and I tried to convince her to stay.

“I’m sorry baby, not tonight. Now let me go before I lose my control and tickle that beautiful body all night.”

Her tone was normal and she seemed fine. This made me relax a little bit. I followed her downstairs and I still had her jacket on. I called her back to give it to her.

“Keep it tonight. I promise to take it back tomorrow when I come and pick you up. Want to go to the movies with me?” I smiled happily and it made my stomach feel small butterflies.

“As long as you let me pay this time, is not fair for you to pay every time we go out.” I said with a little annoyance. She took me into a last embrace and kissed my forehead lightly.

“Sweet dreams my princess.” She whispered into my ear and I couldn’t hold back. I gasped and she disappeared behind the door. I headed back to my room with heavy steps. I had to admit that I was still feeling awful after realizing those strange feelings. I wouldn’t allow something like that to ruin my friendship with Lucy. The last thing I wanted ever, was to lose her.

I took a shower and headed for my bed. I wasn’t tired at all. I was watching a movie while slumber reached me when my cell phone rang. It was a text.

‘I just got home. Sleep well Alice. I love you. *Kiss’

I put the phone on the drawer and smiled happily. “I love you too my prince.”