Dezanove Estrelas

003. I Can See You're Really, Really Running

"Multa! " ("Fine!") she yelled from the top of her lungs. She watched his back as it walked through and out of their bedroom door. This scene was all too familiar. Because the same thing happened last night.

After the two had separated from the Bernabeu, Camilla went straight home. She tried clearing her thoughts on the drive there, but to her disadvantage, nothing could her mind off the situation. But no one could blame her, she was in a pretty messed up spot.

As for Cristiano, no one knew where he was for a whole four hours. When he had not shown up at home, she figured he went back to where he had stayed the night before - wherever that was. But because she cared, she called every possible person she knew he’d go to, and no one. So then she tried calling people, out of the obvious. She called more distant relatives, like cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. She tried his agent, his manager, hell she tried coaches, and even other teammates that were more acquaintances than friends. She was ready to tear her hair out…until Mr. Xabi Alonso himself, had answered her call.

-X-

“¿Hola? ” (“Hello?”) his deep Spanish voice answered.

“¡Hola! Ah, Xabi, hola, es Camilla,” (“Hello! Oh, Xabi, hi, it’s Camilla,”) she replied desperately.

She heard him chuckle slightly, “Sí, hola Camilla. ¿Usted bien? Suena preocupado.” (“Yes, hello Camilla. You alright? You sound worried.”)

She shook her head, though she knew he could not see her, “No. Vistazo, Xabi, yo sé que nosotros no hablamos exactamente mucho. ¿Y sé que usted y Cristiano no es que cierra, aunque usted se lleva bien en el campo, en la mayor parte, yo derecho malo? Usted dos son-” (“No. Look, Xabi, I know that we don’t exactly speak much. And I know you and Cristiano aren’t that close, though you do get along well on the field, for the most part, I mean right? You two are-”)

“¡Parada de Camilla! ” (“Camilla stop!”) he interjected her rambling. And thank goodness too, because she was ready to pass out for lack of breath…and anxiety, “Ahora, calme. ¿Es tranquilo? Bien, ahora dígame lentamente. ¿Qué le molesta?” (“now, calm down. Are you calm? Okay, now tell me slowly. What is bothering you?”)

“Yo no sé donde Cristiano es,” (“I don’t know where Cristiano is.”) she couldn‘t even imagine how pathetic she sounded right now. She only imagined him on the other line rolling his eyes at some child who was pouting because they‘re mother put the cookie jar on the top and tallest shelf possible.

Yet, she heard him sigh - a knowing sigh.

“Camilla, debe saber algo.” (“Camilla, you must know something.”) Camilla frowned at that phrase, she knew something was coming. “Cristiano estuvo aquí anoche.” (“Cristiano was here last night.”)

Camilla was expecting the worst, but that was somewhat shocking. “¿Qué?” (“What?”) she inquired.

He sighed, “Golpeó en mi puerta, preguntando si podría pasar la noche porque usted y él entró en un combate. Yo simplemente le di un cuarto, y cuando me desperté fue ido. Una nota dejó en el dicho de mesita de noche, 'gracias. Yo 'll está en la práctica'. y tan lo vi practica. Violo tiene un día malo. Entonces le vi dos luchar. Eso fue. ¿Y lo tomo usted y los otros usted 've probablemente llamó antes que mí no lo haya visto tampoco?” (“he knocked on my door, asking if he could spend the night because you and him got into a fight. I simply gave him a room, and when I woke up he was gone. A note left on the nightstand saying, ‘thank you. I‘ll be at practice’. and so I saw him practice. Saw him have an off day. Then I saw you two fighting. That was it. And I take it you and everyone else you‘ve probably called before me have not seen him either?”)

“Sí,” (“Yeah,”) she said solemnly.

“Mire 'M segura él 's sólo fuera para una caminata para vaciar la cabeza o alg-” (“Look I‘m sure he‘s just out for a walk to clear his head or someth-”)

“El 's fue perder durante horas,” (“He‘s been missing for hours,”) she was ready to burst. Xabi went on to comfort her. As kind as the gesture was, she was not listening. Right when Xabi was about to go into the “you don’t deserve this” spiel, the front door opened.

She cut off Xabi, “Ah mi…Xabi, gracias tanto para todo. Pero tengo que ir. Alguien acaba de andar por la puerta principal.” (“oh my…Xabi, thank you so much for everything. But I have to go. Someone just walked through the front door.”)

She heard Xabi sigh on the other end, “Visto bueno. ¿Sólo tenga cuidado con ese corazón visto bueno suyo?” (“okay. Just be careful with that heart of yours okay?”)

Camilla paused for a moment, her mind comprehending his words. When she heard footsteps creeping up the stairs, she snapped back to reality, “Visto bueno. ¿Sólo tenga cuidado con ese corazón visto bueno suyo?” (“thank you Xabi.”) And the two hung up. Right as she put the telephone down, the bedroom door had opened. “Oi Cristiano.” (“Hi Cristiano.”)


-X-

She followed him out of the room, but looked over the balcony of their staircase. She saw the top of his head bobbing down the stairs in a hurried rush. His movements were sharp. His turns, quick. The thump of his steps, loud. His actions mimicked that of a man running from pure evil. In this case, Camilla was the evil.

He did not show up, returning home for good. He simply came to repack new clothes, and drop off his dirty ones.

The thought alone now brought her to a new feeling: anger. It was like a flip-switch. She went from extremely sad, to extremely pissed off. In a moment of rage, she grabbed the nearest thing to her - which happened to be a vase - and lunged it his retreating form. Now, the vase did not come in contact with Cristiano…but it came pretty damn close.

Cristiano flinched when the glass shattered against the wall and dropped to the floor, “Você cadela louca!” (“you crazy bitch!”) he yelled, “O que o fuck é seu problema?” (“what the fuck is your problem?”)

“Meu problema?” (“My problem?”) she screamed, running down the stairs. Now she was in his face, “Meu problema é que minha espécie, humilha, namorado de quatro anos vai burro impensado em mim!” (“my problem is that my kind, humble, boyfriend of four years is going inconsiderate jackass on me!”)

“Bem bem fazer-se parece que anjo tão perfeito que você enganando prostituta!” (“Well way to make yourself seem like such a perfect angel you cheating whore!”) he yelled back with just as much rage.

slap

Cristiano’s face had snapped right. Camilla was tired of him talking, and that line had done it

“Meu problema, é que eu tenho um namorado essa lata 't vê o que 'direito de s na frente dele,” (“My problem, is that I have a boyfriend that can‘t see what‘s right in front of him,”) she spoke in a low and dangerous tone, “Cristiano, eu necessito-o agora mesmo. Tá bom eu necessito-o. Eu vejo você tentando correr, mas você acaba de poder 't. Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, escuta-me…eu carrego sua criança.” (“Cristiano, I need you right now. Okay I need you. I see you trying to run, but you just can‘t. Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro, listen to me…I am carrying your child.”) She grabbed his hand, laced her fingers with his and laid it upon her stomach.

Cristiano looked down at their hands. She watched him close his eyes before shaking his head, “Eu tenho que ir.” (“I have to go.”)

He tore his hand away and for the second time in two days, she watched that man walk out of her life.

-X-

The next morning she had woken up to continues ringing in her ears. Once she had actually sat up in bed and opened her eyes, she realized it was the doorbell. Camilla groaned and yawned, stretching out her limbs, before slipping out of bed. The bell continued to ring throughout the house. “¡Yo 'venida M! ¡Yo 'venida M! Relájese.” (“I‘m coming! I‘m coming! Relax.”) she reached for the door handle and opened up, revealing two of her favorite men - minus Cristiano of course.

“¿Puede dos son más impaciente?” (“Could you two be any more impatient?”) she grumbled. Camilla opened the door further allowing them to enter.

“Sabe que podemos,” (“You know we could,”) Sergio grinned.

“Pero figuramos que fue demasiado temprano irritarle realmente chica,” (“But we figured it was too early to really irritate you girl,”) Kaka gave her a light hug. Camilla rolled her eyes and told them to make themselves comfortable while she went back upstairs to clean up.

After a quick shower, change of clothes, brush of her hair and teeth, she went back downstairs to the sweet aroma of coffee and a delicious breakfast. In the kitchen she saw Sergio sitting at the kitchen island eating while Kaka was finishing with the rice. She smiled at the two as they noticed her presence. She walked over to Kaka and kissed his cheek, “Caroline debe adorar sus habilidades de cocina.” (“Caroline must love your cooking skills.”)

“¿Dónde 's mi beso?” (“Where‘s my kiss?”) Sergio threw his hands in the air.

“Cocine para el mí-o mejor todavía, limpie cuando nosotros 'acerca de hecho y entonces usted 'll consiga uno.” (“Cook for me-or better yet, clean up when we‘re done and then you‘ll get one.”)

Sergio simply rolled his eyes before muttering something, along the lines of “yeah right”, causing Camilla and Kaka to laugh. The three of them sat at the kitchen island eating their breakfast. And for a brief moment, she forgot about the whole situation that has been happening…until breakfast was over.

They had cleaned up everything and had moved their conversation to the living area, where things became serious.

“¿Viene en hermosa, dice lo que 's fue pasar?” (“Come on beautiful, tell what‘s been going on?”) Sergio asked on behalf of the two of them.

Camilla looked at her hands, knowing she couldn’t just flat out tell them, because no one knew the whole story except for her. And it may have been Cristiano also, but he fled before she could get one word out to him. She blinked, pushing her tears back. As she lifted her gaze, Kaka sat beside her, with his arms around her in a comforting, brother-like manner. Whilst Sergio sat on the coffee table in front of Camilla, and held her hands, also in a brotherly manner. Because after all, they were her brothers. Just not by blood, more like sprit.

“'S duramente para mí decir,” (“It‘s hard for me to say,”) she began.

Kaka kissed her hair, “'Miel de visto bueno de s. Usted nos puede decir que algo. Ganamos 'juez T.” (“it‘s okay honey. You can tell us anything. We won‘t judge.”)

She sighed; there was no other way. And she couldn’t keep things from them. They were the closest to her, along with Benzema…at the thought of him, she raised an eyebrow, wondering where he was.

“El viaje rápido a Francia,” (“Quick trip to France,”) Sergio read her mind, “ahora no que más parando.” (“now no more stalling.”)

She exhaled slowly, “todo fue fino, hasta que moviéramos a Madrid…” (“everything was fine, until we moved to Madrid…”)
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE! My computer is back! It’s fixed! But now…I’m in school :( it’s okay though, when I am bored and procrastinating on homework, I usually write. Haha. So yeah, updates may be more frequent.

Comment! Thanks. Love constructive criticism. Any form of feedback is welcome. In the last chapter someone pointed out a bit of a translation error, so it’s fixed now. :D Any more? I’ll go back and edit.

And ps: can’t remember who asked, but someone was wondering who was the woman playing Vanessa’s character. Well here’s the answer: it’s Vanessa White. She’s one of the vocalists of the UK Girl Group, The Saturdays. She is an amazing vocalist you guys! She sings lead on pretty much every song. If you don’t know who they are, go listen! As a matter of fact, here’s a video for you now. Haha.



Pps: Before anyone starts making assumptions about this chapter, I’d just like to say…I honestly don’t think there’s any sort of conflict between CR and any of the other guys on the team! And I could have used any other player on Real, but I love Xabi <3 so I gave him a part :D