Status: Inactive due to creative juice non flow-age.

Don't Make Me Laugh

Girl Laughs at Boy

Bryant couldn’t help thanking his lucky stars that a majority of his classes were with Veronica. She was a nice gal. It didn’t hurt that she was drop dead, give a guy a boner gorgeous.

Don’t worry, Bryant knew control. Nothing embarrassing happen body function-wise.

“Veronica!” he called one day as he shut his locker, which was only a frog’s jump away from Veronica’s locker. “Wait up, let me walk you to class.”

The tall, blond turned with a smile and waited for him to come up to her. “Hey, Bryant. How are you?”

“I’m good,” Bryant let another one of his charming grins spread across his lips. “Other than the fact that last night’s homework about slaughtered me.”

“Oh, I know!” Veronica agreed, sliding her arm around Bryant’s elbow. She was oblivious to the obvious blush that tinted his cheeks. “I’m hoping Mr. Greggor will go over it some in class.”

Bryant could only nod in agreement. His left arm suddenly became his favorite body part of all time.

When they arrived to class, Mr. Greggor held out a note for Veronica. “Miss Claremore, your presence is requested in the office.”

Bryant watched as Veronica’s eyebrows furrowed for a moment then returned to their arched positions. “Oh,” she said when she looked at the note. “Must be mom. I’ll see you at lunch, Bryant,” she said with a smile, but didn’t look at the boy. That was probably a good thing, because his face had fallen a thousand leagues due to the fact that he’d lost his favorite English peer.

“Yeah, see you.” He tried to say cheerfully before walking in to class, absently bumping into a petite red head that was waiting to talk to the teacher.

After Bryant’s third period, he rushed to the cafeteria. Not because he was hungry for food, but because he was hungry for time with Veronica. Lunch with Veronica had become a regular occurrence for Bryant, which basically giving him a jump in status. Honestly, he didn’t need it. His charmed smiles and well played sarcasm won the hearts of many high school students, but he didn’t care. It seemed Veronica was perfect in his eyes. Bryant couldn’t help but feel like he was acting like Belles or whatever-her face’s name was from that one chick book turned flick, already obsessed with someone after only a moment of meeting them. Again, he didn’t care.

“Hey Bryant,” Veronica said when she met up with him and they started walking to his car. “Where shall we go today?”

Bryant smiled at her as he opened the passenger side door, “How about Carl’s Deli?”

“Sounds perfect.” Veronica smiled back and slid into the seat.

“So do you,” he mumbled as he walked around the car and got in himself.

“Veronica,” Bryant started as they were seated and waiting for there food. He clasped his shaking hands in his lap under the table.

She looked up from her phone. “Yes, Bryant?” Her smile made his heart race.

“I was thinking…”

Veronica didn’t say anything, just looked at him expectantly.

“Well, here’s the thing.” He sighed. “I like you.”

Veronica smiled halfway, “I like you too.”

“And I feel like we get along really well.”

Veronica nodded.

“And I’m single.”

Veronica’s eyes started to show signs of realization.

“And you’re single.”

Veronica’s lips parted.

“And I thought,” he paused, took a breath. “That maybe we could stop being single.”

Veronica looked around the restaurant nervously.

“Together.”

Bryant felt good about what he said, thought it might’ve come out a little pansy-ish. It was too late now, and he felt the results would be the same if he’d written her a power ballad.

That’s why Veronica’s reaction surprised him so much that he even jumped a little.

She laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
You can thank Nezzy for this. She was my muse. :)

I feel like I'm getting good at adding some heft to my chapters. That's good, right?