The Prophecy

Chapter three

I woke up the next morning. This time I was lying on a bed. I looked around the room and my eyes fell on one thing. A window, freedom. But my fleeting feeling of freedom was short lived when I stepped forward noticing the bars behind the glass. Damn it! I looked out of the window. All I could see was trees. Then I heard the voices again through the thick walls.

"We can’t keep her here forever." It sounded like Aidan.

"I know, but can’t we just let her go? I mean she only thinks we’re a couple of freaks." That’s Nick.

"I say we get rid of her for good. I’m still hungry you know. All I got yesterday was a little rabbit just so Nick here could play hero and save his little girlfriend." That was definitely Darren.

"Shut up! Is food all you think about?" Nick again.

"Well yeah! I want to live thank you."

"Let’s just keep her locked in for now. Our top priority now is to eat. Nick, Darren, go get something. I´m staying so I can keep an eye on her."

"Aidan, don’t do anything to her."

Then it was quiet. Then suddenly the door opened and Aidan walked in holding a sandwich. I sat down on the bed waiting for him to speak.

"It´s not nice to listen to others communication. Here, you better eat before you die of hunger." He said and tossed me the sandwich.

I attacked the sandwich since it felt like I haven’t eaten for years. I looked up at Aidan who had a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"It’s the first time I’ve seen a girl eat like an animal."

"If you don’t like the way I eat, just turn around and don’t bother me."

But he didn’t turn away. Instead he sat down next to me on the bed.

When I had finished my sandwich I turned to Aidan.

"Why are you keeping me here?"

"It’s because of Nick. So ask him."

"Well, where is he?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"He’s out."

Suddenly he leaned in. I automatically leaned away, afraid that he would hurt me again. He brushed away my hair from my shoulder so the two punctures was clearly visible.

"Sorry about that." He said quietly.

His voice gave him away. He’s not sorry at all. But I decided to play along.

"Yeah. What’s up with this? Are you a cannibal or something?"

"No!" He seemed offended. "I told you what we are."

"Oh right! Vampires was it? You can’t honestly think that I’m going to believe you. Vampires is just a myth or more like a stupid story. They only exist in books and movies."

"Oh come on Adrianna!" Aidan scoffed. "The proof is clearly in front of you. Look at our speed, our strength, our skin and our teeth. Look at the wound on your arm."

I did as he said, I admit. It’s very similar to what I have seen in the movies but vampires don’t exist. As he had read my mind Aidan spoke up.

"Stop denying it!"

"Well, it’s not true! Because that means that I’m a vampire too and I’m not.....I’m not, right?" I started to get nervous here.

"Of course you’re not a vampire. We don’t turn people we are supposed to eat." Aidan defended.

"What do you mean ´turn´? If you get bitten by a vampire that’s it, bam! You’re a pale, blood-sucking, fanged, dead thing."

"Don’t tell me you actually believe Hollywood’s bullshit." Aidan said with a laugh.

"Hey! I’ve never seen a vampire before, how could I know?"

"So you suddenly believe me now?"

"Well yeah, I think. I mean it’s not like there i much room for doubt and if I say I don´t believe you one more time then I can kiss myself goodbye, by the look of your face."

Aidan nodded and began to leave. Before he was completely out of the door my mouth opened and I said "Wait!" I couldn’t help it, I didn’t want Aidan to leave.

He stopped and looked back at me, waiting for me to say something. So I did.

"Your saying that all the crap Hollywood says about you is not real, then what is?"

"That’s not important right now. Get some rest."

I looked at the clock, it was nearly 5 am.

"But it’s almost day!" I protested.

"Exactly." He said and started to get out again, but once more I stopped him.

"So, it’s not all crap?"

"What?" He turned around.

"You can’t be in the sunlight."

"I didn’t say all of it was crap, just the majority of it."

"And what am I suppose to do for the remaining twelve hours or so?"

"Sleep?"

"No! Why can’t I be with you guys?" I asked.

"That’s not a good idea." He said giving me a sceptical look.

"Why not?"

"Because you’re still alive."

I raised my eyebrow.

"What has that...." I said before I was interrupted.

"We still have to eat."

"Oh" I muttered to myself.

Without any other word Aidan walked out and closed the door. You could hear a click on the outside and then footsteps leading away. That bastard! He locked me in. I stood up and walked to the bookcase. There were a lot of books, one caught my eyes. A Spanish dictionary. I know it doesn’t sound that fun but the thing is, I’m half Spanish! It’s my mum that’s from Spain actually. Even if I kind of hate my parents, I’m proud of my Spanish side. Only when I was four years I started to learn Spanish and I later on used to scream in Spanish when I got mad and nobody but my mother understood what I was screaming. That was good times. Oh my god, listen to me! I sound like a old lady harping on about the old days.

After one and a half hour of lying in the bed I felt a need for coffee. A little strange but anyway. I walked to the door and started banging on it. After a minute the door slammed open. It was a pissed Aidan.

"What?" He yelled.

"I want coffee." I said calm.

"You banged the door so I could get you some coffeé?" He asked with a strain voice.

Ooh, I piss him off!

"Yeah!" I said happily.

"No way!" He said and turned around, ready to walk away.

"Hey! You kidnapped me. You have a responsibility."

"I’m going to kill Nick for this." He muttered before walking away to get some coffee.

I closed the door and walked over to the window. I pulled up the curtains and the window. It was beautiful outside. The sun was shining through the trees and made the forest look like it was alive. Then I heard the door open and close again.

"If you want your coffee, then you better close that window." It was Aidan.

I did as he said and walked to the door.

"Ok!" I called out.

He walked in once again and handed me the hot cup.

"I didn’t know if you wanted milk or anything, so I left it out."

"I don’t. Black is the only way to go."

He smiled, kind of. "Good! Need anything else?"

"Maybe a little company?"

"Well, I shouldn’t but for a little while then." He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

"So, how old are you?" I asked. You know you would have asked the same!

"108."

"Wow and the other two?"

"Well, Darren is 126 and Nick is only 64."

"How come you all look so young then?"

"We stop aging when we are being turned, meaning that we stop at the age we are at when we become vampires."

"When did you become a...... you know?" I asked carefully.

"1899, I was 19."

There was a long silence until I put the cup at the nightstand and turned back to Aidan.

"Is there any chance that you will just let me go?"

"No."

"Aidan, please" He began to turn away from me, I reached out and touched his arm.

He jerked around so quickly that I didn’t even notice until he was holding my hand in a hard grip. He looked down on me with no emotion on his face. His gaze didn’t falter even once. His grip became even harder and it was ice cold.

"Aidan, your hurting me."

His grip didn’t loosen up. Instead he pulled me close to him, very close. I was looking into his beautiful ice-blue eyes like I was obsessed. No guy has ever had this effect on me, not even Jake.

I could feel his cold breath on my face and I could faintly see the fangs under his upper lip. I started imagining how his lips would feel on mine. I tilted my chin up hoping he would kiss me but instead he pushed me back hard on the bed and turned around sharply as though he was disgusted by my very existence. I watched him leave and I was alone once more.

I was left in my embarrassing detail for hours. I did nothing else but lying in the bed like a statue and thinking about the handsome face that had been so close to me just a few hours ago. I still felt the need to kiss him. I looked at the window, it was starting to get dark outside and the stars that was showing were glowing like they were on fire. Then my eyes landed on the door. I sat up. The lock on the door was the old fashioned type, the same we had at school. I knew from experience that a good pen could open these without any problem. I searched around the room for something good enough and I found an old fountain pen. Perfect! I quickly un-capped it and walked over to the door shoving the pen tip in. I twisted it in various ways until I heard a click. Bingo! I opened the door and looked around, there was nobody there. I walked down the small hallway until I came to the stairs I remembered being carried up to. I walked quietly down the stairs, towards the front door. I looked around once more before sprinting towards the door. Then, in the time I blinked my eyes Nick was standing in front of me blocking my escape.

"You really thought I didn’t hear you?"

"I was hoping."

"Sorry about this." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Sorry about what?" I asked.

Then, before I could even react, I blacked out.

When I woke up it was still dark out but I was in a different room. What happened? Then I remembered. That damn Nick! I slammed down my hand hard on the nightstand. Then the door opened and Aidan walked in. As a reflex I grabbed the pillow next to me in my defence. He gave me a sceptical look.

"You plan to kill me with a pillow?" He asked holding down a laugh.

"Hey! I was pretty good at pillow fights, I think I can do some serious damage. Or I could just smother you."

"Yeah, sure you can. I just came to give you this."

It was now I noticed he was carrying a plate full of sandwiches.

"Again? Don’t you have anything else, like ice cream?"

"No. You take what I give you and you will like it."

He sat down next to me and handed me the plate. As i grabbed the plate I could feel my hands brush against his and the need for him came back again just as fast as the last time. I put down the plate on my left and turned back around to Aidan. I looked at him and leaned forward. He seemed to have dreamt off because when he realized how close I was he froze.

"Adrianna, what are you doing?"

"Kissing you." I whispered.

"No." He said quickly and moved back.

I leaned back disappointed and surprised by his actions. I was supposed to say something but in an instant he was gone again. This was starting to get annoying. Then I heard a buzzing sound. I looked under the bed and saw my purse. It was my cell phone! Opened the purse and grabbed the phone. I looked down a the screen, it was Brenda. I knew I couldn’t answer because they surely would hear me so instead I text mailed her, SOS. Then I heard someone at the door. I shoved my cell phone under the pillow just as Nick walked in. He walked up to me and reached under the pillow, picking up the phone. Fuck! He looked at me and with one fatal move he crumpled up my phone with his hand. My mouth dropped. I was caught in the middle of terrified and amazed in what just happened.

"I know you want out, trust me I do. But you can’t pull this kind of shit Adrianna!"

I looked at the pieces that were left of my phone and then I looked back at Nick. He was smiling.

"I won’t tell them about this, but if you pull something like this again I will not stop them from killing you, understand?"

I swallowed hard and nodded.

"Good!" He said and left.

I looked back at the pieces of my phone. The last chance of freedom was gone. I laid down on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would really appreciate it if you could leave me comments of what you think.
It's not really that fun to post new chapters when you don't get any feedback.

Thank you!