The Prophecy

Chapter five

When I woke up, I was panting. I must have dreamt a nightmare. I was sweating and I still felt tired. But I still pulled my feet out of the bed. I wanted to see Aidan. I walked to his room and found nothing. I walked down the stairs and searched around, finally I found him in the kitchen.

“Hey.” I said happily.

“Hey.” He muttered.

Then I noticed the sunbeam on his face.

“Aidan!” I yelled.

He looked up confused and slightly annoyed.

“You have sun on you!” I yelled pointing at the spot.

“So?”

“What do you mean so? You can’t be in the sunlight.”

“It doesn’t matter if it isn’t direct sunlight.”

“Oh, right.” I said more to myself.

“What do you want Adrianna?”

I was taken back. Why did he speak to me so cold?

“What’s wrong Aidan?”

“You’re going home.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“Nick, Darren and I have decided to let you go home.”

“What! Who’s crazy idea was that?” I screamed.

“It was mine” Aidan said with a calm voice.

“What?”

My heart sank. Aidan was the one who thought I should leave? He can’t be serious.

“You heard me, go home!”

“You want me to go home?” I said angry.

“Yes I do.”

I swallowed.

“But I thought you.....” I was interrupted.

“Liked you? Oh come on Adrianna, don’t be ridiculous.”

Something in his voice made me believe him. He sounded and looked completely serious.

“Aidan, I can’t go home now. I told you that I....” I was interrupted again.

“Have feelings for me? Bullshit! What you thought we had, was nothing.”

Tears started to fall.

“Aidan stop it. You don’t mean this.”

He stood up and walked over to me.

“Yes I do! It’s time for you to go and if you tell anyone about us, I will kill you!”

The last words hit me like a bullet in the heart. Then both Darren and Nick came in. They looked kind of sad but Aidan still had no emotion on his face. That bastard!

“It’s time, we’re going to drop you off right outside the city and you can walk back home. You can tell them that you were kidnapped but like Aidan said, you can't tell anyone about us.” Nick said.

“I can’t believe you decided this without me.”

“It’s not really your choice. We are the ones who live here, who have to put up with you, pay for the food in you tummy. You should be happy. This is what you wanted, right?” Aidan asked.

“It was but not anymore. I want to be with you.”

“Let’s go.” Aidan said and walked out.

I was pushed out by Darren and forced in to the back of the car. Nick was next to me and Aidan in the passangersuit. Darren turned around to face me.

“She can’t leave like that, I mean it looks like we treated her humanely.”

“I still have some bruises.” I said accusingly.

“That’s not enough.”

“I hate to admit it, but he’s right.” Nick said.

“What do you want me to do then? Jump out of the car while we’re driving?” I replied sarcastically.

“Actually......” Darren let a small smirk form on his face.

This time it was finally Aidan who spoke up.

“No. She could be killed.”

“Relax! I will slow down to five miles an hour.”

Darren took his foot off the gas letting it slow down.

“Ready?” Nick asked.

“Hell no! You can’t ever get ready for being pushed out of a car.” I said.

Then the car slowed and I was gently pushed out. I thudded down on the rough gravel. It cut through my skin.

“Ow!” I said getting up.

The car stopped only a few feet away from me and the guys stepped out.

“Is this enough?” I asked annoyed.

Darren got a smirk on his face.

“Yeah, that is okay.”

“I guess this is goodbye.” Nick said.

Both Nick and Darren gave me a hug, well Darren’s was more like a clap on the back. Then I turned around to Aidan. All he did was shake my hand. Then Nick spoke up again.

“Take care of yourself and remember, we trust you with our secret.”

“I won’t tell anyone, I promise!”

They nodded and the next minute they were driving away from me. I looked after the car thinking about Aidan. How could he do this to me?

The rest of the days were a blurr. I remembered walking down the street when a man stopped and helped me back home. When I got home I was greeted by many hugs and kisses, what a fake! Somehow everyone got the news of my returning and the press were almost living outside our yard. All my friends called but mom told them that I was sleeping. Which was half true. The police came over of course and had a interrogation with me. I told them nothing about the guys, just that I was being kept in a room all the time. At the end they believed me, I think. After all their questions I was convinced to go to the hospital. There I was the rest of the day. Lying in the hospital made me feel so weak, helpless and alone.

“Hey.”

I looked at the window. It was Aidan of course. He has come to rub it in my face.

“What do you want?” I asked with a annoyed voice.

“I was just sent here to check on you.”

“You mean, to see if I kept my mouth shut.”

He laughed. Wow he actually laughed.

“I guess you are right.”

“Well I did! I told them nothing so you can go now.”

“Why are you so grumpy?” Oh he did not just ask me that question!

My eyes almost became red of anger.

“I can’t believe you actually asked me that question. You are such a stuck up jerk!” I yelled.

I was furious. Then we heard someone at the door and in an instant Aidan was gone. My mom walked in.

“What’s wrong? I heard you screaming. Is someone in here?” She looked around.

“Eh...no. I was just having a nightmare.”

“Oh ok. I’m sorry but your dad and I have to go, we have some business to take care of.”

“Yeah ok. It’s fine. I should go to sleep anyway.”

“Yes, you should. Well I guess I will come back tomorrow.” My mom said and left.

“That was close.” A voice said.

“Go away Aidan.”

“I will but first I need to explain something.”

“I don’t want to hear it, you have said enough!”

“No, listen Adrianna....”

“Just go!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

He looked at me with a hurt and angry look for a second and left. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep and into a nightmare.

I woke up with a whim, I could still feel the horror from my dream but I couldn’t remember what it was about. Then I felt arms sneak around my waist. I screamed with shock and tried to jerk free. Then I heard the voice.

“Shh! It’s just me.”

I turned around.

“Nick?”

“Yeah.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked confused.

“I just wanted to see if you were okay.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. But why did you have to come in the middle of the night? You could at least have waited until the morning.”

“There is not enough shadows in the morning.”

“Oh right, I forgot.”

“So? Happy to be home?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, I guess so.” I answered.

“You guess so?”

“Yeah! I mean, I miss you guys.”

“You mean you miss Aidan?” He said and smiled.

“Him too.”

“For a couple of days ago you tried to escape and now that we finally set you free, you want to come back. You are funny! You know that?”

“I know! But how could I ever have guessed I would start to like you guys.”

“He misses you too.” Nick said suddenly.

“Who?”

“Aidan of course.”

It was quiet for a while before I spoke up.

“Bullshit! He was the one who wanted me gone in the first place.”

“Yeah. I don’t understand that either but I know for sure that he misses you.”

I doubted that but I did not say anything.

“Well I guess I should be going, dinner time.”

“Isn’t hard to do what you do?”

“It was first. But I mean, you have to do it or else you die. So in time you get used to it and now it’s just like sitting down for dinner.”

“Only that you kill your dinner.”

“Not always.”

“Whatever! It´s still wrong.” I said.

“Why? because we choose life over death?”

“Then what about doing the right thing?”

“Right and wrong are relative terms when it comes down to survival.”

“I guess.” I said defeated.

“Bye. I hope I´ll see you around." Nick said and jumped out of the window.

Weeks went by and eventually everything went back to normal. I never once saw any of the boys. Even so, sometimes it felt like someone was watching me, but I always shook off the feeling telling me I was crazy. All of my friends were happy to have me home and I were too but still, not one day passed before I thought about the guy that charmed his way into my heart in just a few days. I had never felt this before. He is the only one that has made my heart beat faster and slower at the same time, and now he is gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please give me comments of what you think!
It's important. I want some kind of response from you guys.