The Prophecy

Chapter six

Chapter 6

Today was just like any other Friday except that I actually had a date tonight. His name was Mason Scott, he was handsome and a very sweet guy. Apparently he had planned something special but you never knew with a guy. A special night for the most guys in my school includes a beer, a soccer game and an easy going girl. But I really hoped this one would be different. I couldn´t help wishing that instead of Mason it would be Aidan who would show up but I swore that I would give this boy a try.

“Hey Brenda! I’m kind of nervous for tonight.”

“What? Did I hear right? Adrianna Lima is nervous, for a date?” Brenda asked surprised.

“Well yeah!”

“Are you sure they didn’t do anything to you, you really don´t sound like yourself.”

“I’m sure! It is just that I haven’t been on a date for a very long time.”

“Look! Just be yourself and he will love you.”

“Yeah, thanks Brenda.” I said and smiled.

Mason picked me up at 9 pm. He wore a red shirt that fit well with his dark hair and blue jeans.

“You look good Mason.” I said while smiling.

“And you look wonderful, Adrianna.”

I wore a green short dress. My hair was now straight for once. Brendas idea.

“Thanks.”

“Are you ready?” He asked holding out his arm.

“Yeah.” I said taking it.

He led me to a restaurant called fifteen. It was very cosy and romantic. Not what I expected. Suddenly I heard a noice from my left. I turned around quickly but I didn´t see anything.

"Adrianna, are you okay?" Mason asked.

"Yeah I thought I heard something."

"Oh, okey."

"Can we please go inside? It´s starting to get cold." I asked.

"Do you want to borrow my jacket or something?" Mason asked and looked at me.

"No. I just want to go inside."

"Yeah, sure."

I took his arm and he led me inside.

As we were ready to get our table a problem occured. Masons name was not on the booking list.

"I´m sorry sir but it really isn´t here."

"But I called here four days ago, it has to be there!" Mason yelled.

"Mason it´s alright! We can go somewhere else." I suggested.

After a while I finally got him to leave with me.

"This is so embarrassing." Mason said.

"No it´s okay. Stuff like that happens. We can do something else."

"Well actually I have something else planned."

"Really? What?" I asked.

"You will see." Mason said and smiled.

He led me through the streets and I actually started to get a little nervous as we were walking away from all the crowds of people, but when we got there all I could do was gasp. It was so beautiful. He had set up a full picnic of sweets with flowers and probably like 30 little candles. Who cares if it starts a fire, it was just so sweet. I would have taken a picture if I just had brought a camera with me.

"Mason, this is wonderful!"

"I thought you would like it" He said with a smile.

"Like it? I love it! It is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done to me." I said and gave him a peck on his cheek.

He smiled once again and took my hand, leading me to the blanket. A smile was glued to my face as we ate the cookies and the other sweets he had brought and just talked to each other. The more I got to know him the more I understood how much of a great guy he really was. He actually brought Aidan out of my thoughts for a while. I couldn´t stop laughing when he said something funny and I couldn´t stop blushing when he said something sweet or when he kissed my hand several times. What can I say, he is a true gentleman. He was about to say something when suddenly a feeling crept up in my chest. Something was very wrong. I looked at the direction to my school. I jumped up and turned to mason.

"Mason I have to go!"

"What, why?" He asked looking at me confused.

"I just have to go!" I screamed while running towards the school.

I could tell that something has happened. I was running as fast as I could, scared of what I might see when I got back. As I got closer I noticed that every light was out, that was defenetely not normal. I pushed the doors open and then my breath was caught in my throat. I saw blood covering the walls and what I asumed to be dead bodies spread out in the hallways. I put my head in my hands and tried to calm down, but there was only one name in my head at that moment. Brenda. I started running towards mine and Brendas room, praying that when I got there, I would find Brenda in front of the tv watching her stupid romance movies like she always did on a friday night. And as always she would keep that teddy bear, that she got from her brother when she was three, in her arms as she cries after a happy ending. Then as usual she would complain how the real life is nothing like the movies and we would together make a promise that we will stay away from boys for at least a month, just to break that promise the next week. God, I was praying. When I finally got to our room I just stopped and stared at the doorhandle a while, before I finally got the courage to open it. The room was dark, too dark for me to see anything. Not a good start. I tried to light the lamp but it didn´t go.

"Brenda?" I called out.

I started walking forward slowly trying to see anything. Then I stumbled on something quite soft and fell over. I tried to feel with my hands what it was but I missed it. Then I remembered. Brenda let me have her phone in case if I needed the police to pick my ass up, as she put it, since my cellphone was crushed by Nick. I could use it to at least light up a little. I pushed a button so the display lit up and turned it before me. Then I saw it and I screamed. Brendas face was covered in blood and she wasn´t breathing. Still her eyes were open which made it more real, that Brenda was dead. I dropped the phone and wrapped my arms around myself as support. I wanted to cry. I wanted to feel the salt water run down on my cheeks but there was nothing. I was breathing too fast which made it hard for me to get the air to my lungs and in the end it felt as if I would suffocate. As I was to stand up I felt two arms sneaking their way around my waist, pulling me up. I fought towards so goodly I could but they pulled me back holding my arms down.

"Let go of me!" I cried out.

"Shh! Adrianna, you must be quiet." A voice whispered behind me.

I turned around quickly in pure shock.

"Aidan!"

"Yeah. I´m here."

"What are you doing here?" I stopped. Of course, it was him. It had to be him. "What have you done Aidan?" I screamed.

"I didn´t do anything and you have to be quiet!" He hissed at me.

"You liar! Who otherwise could have done this? Only a vampire have the strenght to!"

"I´m not saying that it wasn´t a vampire, actually it was a whole group of them but I wasn´t in it."

"Who was it then?" I asked or more like screamed.

"Another kind of vampires, or at least you could say that but relax. They didn´t get the whole school. The most of them fled." He answered calmly.

"How can you tell me to relax when they killed my best friend!" I cried out and that´s when I broke down. It was now confirmed to me, when I finally had said it. That my best friend was killed, she is gone. I could never speak to her again, no more laughing at each other when we messed up. No more whispering at night when we are suppose to sleep. No more arguing about how messy she is or when she borrows my clothes without asking. No more crying with each other when one of us is sad and no more would I look at her face, feeling proud of what a beautiful and wonderful friend I have in my life. Now all there´s left is what we had and what we lost. As I cried Aidan was holding me softly but yet supportive. I was grateful for that. Without him there was nothing keeping me from falling to the ground and end it right there. After a while I finally calmed down.

"What other vampires were you talking about?" I asked while I wiped away the tears.

He thought about it for a while before answering.

"There is two kinds of vampires, or more like two groups. There are the evil ones and my group, the good ones, well as good as we can get. Every vampire have to drink human blood to survive, this you know. The more good ones tries to keep the killing to minimum and tries to feed on the animals but animals are nothing like drinking human blood. So we do have to kill humans sometimes, but there is also the evil ones. They were the one´s who did this. They love to kill humans and some even use them as their slaves, as long as they can. They see themselves as superior to all creatures and plan to show the world that. Their goal is to take over everything and to kill my group for our treachery. At first it was easy to fight them of but their number is increasing and we are not so sure that we can hold them down any longer."

"So you´re at a war but how is it connected to what happened here? I mean did they come here for food? For slaves?"

"Food and slaves was just a bonus. They really came for you."

I looked up at Aidan. "What?"

"I will explain everything but right now we have to leave, they might come back." Aidan said hysterical.

"No."

"Adrianna please. This is no time to be stubborn. We have to go."

"I said no!" I screamed.

Aidan sighed before putting his arms around me once more.
"Adrianna, please come with me. I don´t want you to get hurt and I can´t protect you if you´re not with me."

"Really? because last time you couldn´t give a damn about me, you told me to leave you and go home."

"I know, but that´s what I was trying to explain to you at the hospital. I did it because I thought you would be much safer here. I guess I was wrong." Aidan replied.

"I want you to tell me everything." I begged.

"I am going to tell you but like I said. First we have to leave, you´re not safe here." Aidan said and took a hold of my wrist and started dragging me towards the door.

"No wait! What about Brenda? I can´t just leave her like this."

"Adrianna, don´t struggle anymore!"

"I can´t just leave her like this, she is my best friend!"

Aidan turned around and took a hold of my shoulders. I looked down.

"Adrianna, look at me." I looked up with tears glowing in my eyes.

"I know how you feel, trust me I do but there is nothing more you can do for her tonight except for one thing, and that is to stay alive. I´m almost positive that Brenda would have said exactly the same. There is no need for both of you dying tonight."

I nodded."Okay, I´ll come with you."

I walked closer to him and suddenly he lifted me up on his back. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you doing? I can walk."

"I know but this is faster" He said. "Close your eyes and don´t open them until I say you can, okay?"

"Okay."

And we took off. I could feel the strong wind on my face. It was cold but it felt good and it made me relax a little.

"Aidan?"

"Yeah?"

"Explain, why are they after me?" I asked.

"It has to do with a prophecy that one of the elders forsaw minutes before she was killed."
"Prophecy?"

"The prophecy was about a girl that is stronger than any other creature on this earth, she is the choosen one. She also said that the side with her on will stand victories in this war. I don´t really know that much of it since I´m still too young but she is the ancient goddess Selene in vampire form and the other side is desperately trying to get a hold of her and her power."

"That is a great story but what does it have to do with me?" I asked.

"Do you really have to ask? They think they have found her. Adrianna, they think it´s you."

"What?" I yelled.

"I know it sounds weird and is hard to take in. I didn´t believe it at first either but when I look back at the party then I remembered how you stood out. Your blood was much more tempting then the others. It was like I was drawn to you and I think that it's a strong proof that your not like everyone else. Your special."

"Listen, this is riddiculous! I´m just a normal teenager in a normal life, well until you showed up. I´m not even a vampire, you know that! So it is not possible that I can be her. Sorry mate, but they aren´t after me." I said.

"Of course I know that you aren´t a vampire and that is one other problem. Since you have to be a vampire before you get the power they plan to turn you once your captured."

"What? How? I mean you guys didn´t succeed to turn me into a vampire, so why would they?"

"I told you before that we don´t turn people we are supposed to eat. To be a vampire you have to get bitten in the artery. You can open your eyes now."

I did as he said and looked up at the familiar cottage I was being kept in just a few weeks ago. Somehow it was much more darker and depressed. We entered through the main door and a smell that I had missed for so long hit my face. I closed my eyes, taking it all in.

"What are you doing?"

I looked at Aidan and smiled.

"I was just enjoying being back. You have no idea how many times I´ve dreamt about this moment."

"Is that so?" Aidan asked getting closer.

As he were getting closer I got goosebumps and already I could feel his touch on my skin. When he was a few inches away from me I looked up. As I stared into his eyes all the memories of him and us replayed in my head. With him so close I felt so little and big at the same time. I had this longing that I believed only Aidan could satisfy and so finally I got what I wanted. He pressed his lips on mine slowly and I felt like a lightning was running through my body over and over again.

When we pulled away I was actually out of breath. He was such a good kisser. Then I started to look around for Nick and Darren. I automaticly went to the kitchen and expected me to find them sitting by the tabel drinking two glas of blood, disgusting! But when I got there all I could see was dust, didn´t they ever clean? Aidan showed up behind me.

"What are you doing?"

"Where is Darren and Nick?" I asked turning around, facing him.
His face turned dark.

"I don´t now, they disappeared a few days ago."

"What do you mean they disappeared?"

"They left a few days ago to get...well.. dinner and they never came back. I´ve tried looking for them but there is no sign of them anywhere." He said and sighed.

"We have to find them! What if the bad guys got a hold of them?"

"I will find them but right now, are you hungry? since that boy only gave you sugar." Aidan asked.

"You knew about Mason? And about my date?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I knew about that sorry creature." He said and laughed.

"Don´t say that! Mason is a very sweet guy it´s just that he had bad luck, that´s all."

"No he didn´t have bad luck but he just had the wrong girl." Aidan smirked.

"What did you mean about that?"

"I screwed it up, to make him look bad for you." Aidan answered, looking more serious now.

"Oh my god! How could you do that? He was so embarrassed and for what? So you could strenghten up your ego."

"I couldn´t stand seeing you with another guy, it was killing me. I don't get why it was effecting me so much, but it did." Aidan said turning away from me.

"I can´t believe that you are saying this after you were the one who sent me home, away from you and in the process broke my heart and I don´t know either, I mean why you affect my life so much. When Mason asked me out there was one reason I said yes and that´s because I needed to forget about you. When I thought about you my whole heart was screaming for you, like you were a part of it but was ripped out and my heart was not whole anymore. I know it sounds so weird and creepy but I couldn´t help but think of you as my lost soulmate. I´ve never felt like this before and I can´t yet tell what it means but I really want to find out."

At first Aidan just stood there quiet and I was beginning to think that he wouldn´t respond but then he finally turned around and looked at me.

"I need you to get upstairs."

I looked at him dumbfounded.
"y...y...wh..wha" I shooked my head. "What kind of a respond is that! I just exposed my heart to you!" I yelled.

"I never asked you to." He said calmly and walked out of the livingroom.
I stared after him in disbelief.

"I can´t believe you!" I yelled, following him. "How can you go from being such a sweet guy to a total asshole the next?"

"It´s not that hard, it´s in my nature."

"Okay just forget about that right now, but what happens now?" I asked as we end up in the livingroom.

Aidan turned around. "What do you mean?"

"Well there is a war at your front door, there are vampires hunting for me, Darren and Nick has disappeared."

"I wish I had an answer to that question but I don´t. I think that the most important thing right now is to keep you safe and we can slowly try to find Nick and Darren."

"How will we find them?" I asked

"All we can do for now is to search and ask around."

"Yeah, okay. You´re right. So shall we go then?" I asked and headed towards the door.

"Wait! Are you nuts? We can´t go right now." Aidan spoke up.

"What? Why?"

"They are still looking for you around this area. It´s better if we wait for a while."

"We waste time if we just sit here!" I yelled.

"So saving your life is a waste of time?" Aidan yelled back.

"Yes!"

"Okay, do what you want then. Go ahead, risk your own life." Aidan said and walked out of the kitchen.

"Idiot." I muttered to myself.

"I heard that!" Aidan yelled from the hall.

"Good!" I yelled back.

We didn´t speak for the rest of the night or the day after that. Both were captured in their own thoughts plus that I was still pissed at him. But I admit, maybe Aidan was right. Rushing into things would not help us at all and I really was scared of being found. I knew Aidan was strong but he couldn´t fight off a whole group of them.

How could this happened? I was just a normal girl, in a normal school with normal friends. Now I´m a girl from a prophecy, on the run for my "life" and I think I´m in love with a vampire. My life could be a book or a movie. I don´t know if it´s good or bad yet but I guess that it will show later on. I walked down to the kitchen and checked the refrigerator. I smiled to myself when I saw Ice Cream. He remembered. At that point I forgot my fight with Aidan. I took it with me uptairs, with two spoons and walked into Aidans room were he was lying in his bed. I leaned my back against the door edge as he looked up and saw the ice cream in my hands.

"I see you found it." He said and looked away.

"I did. thanks."

I went and placed myself beside him on the bed. I handed him a spoon but instead of taking it he just looked at me strangely.

"Take it." I said and laughed.

"Why?" Aidan asked looking at it.

"Well, you can´t eat ice cream with your bare hands, can you?"

"I´m not eating ice cream."

"Yes you are! What´s wrong with ice cream?" I asked.

"I haven´t eaten ice cream in 50 years."

"What? You haven´t been eating ice cream for 50 years? Are you nuts?"

"No." He answered annoyed.

"Well then, this is a good time to begin." I said and took a spoonful with ice cream. As I put it in my mouth I made a "mmmm" noice that came out more like a moan actually. That at least got me Aidans full attention.

He looked at me for a while before he spoke up:

"You know what? It´s really not the ice cream I want." He took the ice cream from my hands. He threw it sideways before leaning his head towards me.

"Oh really?" I asked attractive before our lips finally met.

The kiss became deeper as Aidan rolled on top of me. The most of my body wanted this to continue but there was a little part that weren´t ready for anything more than making out, for many many reasons. When I felt Aidans hands under my shirt my little part finally screamed stop and I listened. I broke it off.

"Maybe it´s best if we go to sleep?"

"Yeah, you do that." Aidan said, clearly disappointed.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I don´t sleep."

"Listen, you don´t have to protect me 24/7. You can sleep you know." I said.

"I mean, I don´t sleep at all. No vampire does."

"Oh. Well you could have told me that a little earlier. Now I feel like an idiot." I sneered and pusched Aidan off of me.

"Oh come on Adrianna. That was not necessary."

"What? Calling myself an idiot?"

"No, to push me off."

"Thank you for letting me know where you stand." I snapped and turned my back against him.

"Well can you blame me? You´re hot." Aidan said back.

"Aw, is that what you say to every girl?" I asked pretending to be flattered.

"No just you, and maybe four girls before you."

"Excuse me?" I yelled and turned towards him.

"What? You thought I would be 108 years old and never had a girl before?"

I glared at him before asking:

"How many then?"

"What do you mean?" Aidan asked.

"How many girls have you been with?" I asked again.

"Are you really that curious?" Aidan asked with a smirk.

"No" I answered quickly.

"Then don´t ask." Aidan said short and turned his back at me.

"Fine." I said.

"Fine" Aidan replied.

"Fine!" I said one last time, desperate for the last word.

I was lying on my back when I heard a sigh next to me.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Listen. I really like you okay. I know we´re fighting all the time but hey! That´s one thing that I like about you. You never let anyone screw you over. That´s hot." Aidan said.

"You know what. That was one of the most stupid thing I´ve ever heard." I smiled. "But coming from you it´s the best you could ever say and I guess I kind of like you too." I said and kissed him.

Now you probably thought that the rest of the night was wonderful? Wrong! We were fighting over who was the best kisser, who I might add is definitely me, for like half the night but at least somewhere around 4 p.m. I finally got to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long but my computer is totally broken, so I borrowed one of my friends computer.

This is my first story I've ever written and it shows very much but I guess you learn as you write, right ? I hope so :P

Comment, people !!