Status: active.

It's Our Time Now

Hunter

"Dude, she ran into you. It's no big deal. You've gotta stop obsessing over her," Hunter's best friend, Case said.

"But... She offered to pay. And she said she thought she knew me. That means something... I hope," Hunter replied.

"She felt bad; that's all. No hidden message, no secret code. She just felt guilty."

"I guess," Hunter was disappointed.

"What's so special about, anyway? I mean, that was the first conversation you've ever had with her."

"Well... I don't know. She just seemed...different."

Case rolled his eyes.

"Hunter!" Shelby burst into Hunter's room, hugging him.

"Hey, Shelby," Hunter smiled at his younger sister, "What's up, kid?"

"I got a new princess dress! See?" she said, spinning around, modeling her puffy, purple dress for him, "Do you like it?"

"I love it," Hunter smiled, ruffling her hair.

Shelby beamed, jumping in his lap.

"Why don't you go show Caroline your new dress, kiddo? Me and Case have gotta do some homework."

Shelby looked up, just noticing Case, "Oh. Okay. Bye Case! Bye Hunter!" she jumped off his lap and ran into her sister's room.

"Dude, you're way too close to your sister. Anna Catherine bugs the living shit outta me," Case said, referring to his fourteen year old sister.

"Yeah, but Anna Catherine's...Anna Catherine," Hunter said, jokingly. Anna Catherine was notorious for annoying Hunter and Case, but Hunter still loved her like she was his own sister. After all, he and Case had been best friends since kindergarten, when Hunter had traded Case his glasses for a glow in the dark crayon. They had been more like brothers ever since.

Case rolled his eyes, "So, what was that girl's name? The one you're in love with?"

"I'm not in love with her," said Hunter, mockingly punching Case, "And her name's Nicole."

"Oh, I think I know who you're talking about. That chick with the brown hair? In that band?"

"Yeah, that's her."

"Well, you're gonna have a tough time getting her to go out with you. Some asshole totally wrecked her. She's just, like...given up. Completely unapproachable. At least, that's what I heard."

Hunter sighed, "And who'd you hear that from?"

"That chick, Resa, Aimee's girlfriend, she told Jaymie Matthis, and she told her boyfriend, Seth, and he's friends with James Macrina, who's friends with Cameron Harris, and Cameron Harris is my lab partner in Ms. Watford's class."

"Because that sounds so reliable. Anyways, even if she has "given up" or whatever, I wouldn't do that to anyone. Do I look like the type of guy to wreck people? I'm the guy who people wreck," Hunter said.

"Whatever, dude. Good luck," Case dismissed the conversation, and reached over to turn up the radio.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really did trade my best friend my glasses for a glow in the dark crayon in kindergarten...