Status: active.

It's Our Time Now

Nicole

Jumping onto Lins' back, I kick her in the stomach as we all head upstairs to get a snack after an intense practice.

"Go-ith hither and thither Linsay!" I said as I threw my head back in laughter. "I commanded you to my trusty steed!"

"Don't make this 'trusty' steed of yours dump you off her back," Linsay said jumping up causing me to shriek in fear.

I smacked her on the top of her head.

"Don't you ever do that again Linsay Vannesa, or I promise you I will…” I left the threat blank as she rolled her eyes. However she kept walking after Maxie and Mimi so I really couldn’t complain about her.

So, just to have a little bit more fun and probably seal my fate about her dumping me off her back, I stuck my tongue out at the back of her head and made funny faces.

We finally get up to the kitchen, I'd made Linsay carry me on her back all the way up there even though there were stairs from the basement to the main level of the house.

Hopping off of her back, I walk to the fridge and open the door to figure out if we have anything to eat.

"OHMYGOD you guys!" I yell as something catches my eye and all my friends turn to me scared. "We have... cold pizza." The look that passes over their faces is so funny that I can't control myself from cracking up.

Glaring at me, "You are so not funny Nicole!" Maxie snaps at me.

"Aw, c'mon you guys!" I whine. "It was kinda funny." I look at their impassive faces. "Fine, it wasn't funny." I say sourly taking the pizza out of the fridge and bringing it to the microwave to heat.

Image

After the pizza had microwaved and I'd dumped parmersan cheese on my piece we all headed up to my room for some down time before my parents got home and they had to leave. By this time it was five o'clock and my Mother would be home in half an hour; Ihad no idea when Dad would be back.

Sitting on my bed, I watched as MaxAnna took a seat on the my rug while Aimee sat next to me and Linsay took the chair at my desk.

"Okay so," I started but was cut off by a wild screech as someone, two very tiny someones, burst into my room. "OHMYGOODNESS!" I screamed as they tackled me.

"Colie, Colie!" My younger sister Leah said hugging my waist as my other sister Rebecca tried pushing around her to hug me.

"Nikki!" Becca cried for me pathetically.

Laughing at her, I reached over Leach and picked Becca up gently so that she was sitting in my lap. "I thought you were at dance class Leah? And aren't you supposed to be at Gramma's until Mom comes and picks you up, my little fashonista?"

"Daddy came home early today and picked me up at Gramma's!" Becca said clapping her hands.

I exchanged a look with my friends. My Dad was never home early, in fact he often worked at the office for as long as possible.

"Well... we're gonna get going, Nic." Maxie said understanding my look. "C'mon you two, I'll drive you guys home." They all stood up and gave the girls quick hugs goodbye.

"See ya at school tomorrow, Nikki." Aimee said hugging me goodbye.

"I'll be on myface later, you guys." I called to them as they left my room. I turned back to my sisters.

Leah hopped onto my bed where Aimee had been moments before, "Daddy and Becca watched me dance, Colie." She explained.

I nodded then turned to Becca, "How'd Leah do, sweetie?" I asked and glanced up in time to see the sour expression on Leah's face. I quickly tried to fix my mistake, "How do you think you did Leah?"

Leah seemed content enough that I had asked her quickly enough after that she started chatting right away, "Madame Bellmark says that I keep getting better Colie! She says soon enough I'll be able to be in a recital if I keep up with such good progress." she beamed happily.

I laughed at her smiling little face.

"Well as soon as you do, I'm going to be in the front row watching you dance your little heart out." I smiled proudly at her.

"Really?" She asked clapping her hands.

I nodded, "Of course you silly gosling!" I exclaimed. "How could I miss seeing your very first dance recital? Before I know it you'll be on So You Think You Can Dance?." I teased her. That was her favorite show of all time. Mom would DVR the show so that Leah could go back over and over to practice those dance moves. Oh she never let me into see her dancing, saying she wanted to suprise me, but I still peeked around the corner anyhow. For a seven-year-old she was very good.

Turning down the volume on my iPod dock, I looked at my sisters closely. Leah was much more energetic and athletic than Becca because she danced so much. Becca though was, dare I say it?, a lot better with picking out clothes. She was my little fashionista.

"Alright you two, go down and turn on SpongeBob or something. I've got homework to do, still." I pushed my youngest sister off of my lap, and then gently prodded Leah off my bed. "Go on you two, git."

They laughed before running out of my room together. Giggling at how lucky they were to be so young, I walked over to my desk where Snowball was curled up by the lamp. Of course Skipper was in his dog bed while Kola was sleeping under the desk.

Sighing, I picked up my kitten and moved him to my bed before cracking open my Algebra book.

Image

"Bye Mom, I'll see you tonight!" I called over my shoulder to my Mother as I hurried out the door to where Maxie was waiting, rather impatiently, in her car with Lins and Mimi.

Opening the door to the backseats, i sat down catching my breath before slamming the door shut. "Sorry I'm late Max, Dad forgot to wake me up this morning." I held my bag on my lap as we started off to school which was a mile away from my house.

"It's fine Nic, we'll only be ten minutes late." Max said annoyed.

"It's a mile away, we can make it." I muttered as I leaned my head on Aimee's shoulder. Closing my eyes, I felt the vibrations of the car as we pulled out of my driveway and headed for the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicole's husky, Kola.
Nicole's mixed dog, Skipper.
Nicole's kitten, Snowball.
Nicole's bedroom.

PLEASE comment ya'll. Sorry for the long time without an update. Forgive me?
Comments are equivelant to love and love gets cookies. Any kind you want. ;)
Forever & Always,
Miss Rachael